It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:22 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: UK Suvival... This is were i will be.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:16 am 
Very 2012esque

Ive been swinging in and out of the idea that something will happen 2012/2013 that will make it very hard for me and others in the world to live. After many years and in and out of the wild, i have decided that its time for me to make preparations.

My farther has a peice of land in the heart of england,about 3 mile uphill from were i grow up, I spent most of my child hood playing in these woods. In the last 10 years Ive spent a few seasons their living and growing my own food. The place is very secluded with fertile land and has an abundance of natural food and animals from 2 near buy orchards containing hazel nuts, Apple, pear and plums trees,and also a lot of dear and rabbits.

On the 7th of June im going to move here for good, at the moment im in the proses of gathering the essentials for life in the event of a crisis. But even if nothing happens i plan to stay here for a few years and become cleansed physically and mentally.

The location is 600ft above sea level and over 150 mile inland. So far i have gathered many different type's of seeds, 0.750kgs of multi vitamins, 320gb of music and video data containing what i think should be saved from the human civilization, and many different skills in bush craft and Ancient traditions. a few things still to gather are survival foods witch i will start gathering closer to the time.

I have a temporary shelter their at the moment and will build a far more permanent shelter, built into the hill side when i arrive at the end of June.

And the only other thing i need to find is a solar panel laptop charger, I don't plan on using my laptop more than 3 or 4 times a year but I would like to be able to charge it in the case of power-grid fail. I found this and i hope but i don't no if it will do? maybe some one from here can advise me on a solar panel laptop charger.

This is what i found.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/usb-mobile-Po ... 4ab69cf1dc

Anyway if anyone from the uk would like to meet here in december this year, or is preparing for the same and would like to join me then dont hesitate to pm me.

Peace and love to all..........

Post subject: Re: UK Suvival... This is were i will be.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:09 am 
Very 2012esque

I had a solar panel for my old laptop last year that could charge it to 100% in a couple of hours in hot summer sunlight.

I do hope you didnt buy the charger from ebay, those things are useless and could barely charge a mobile phone and only then in direct sunlight. There are solutions out there, the one I had before was the same model as this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Solar-Battery ... 3f0e108e32

except i bought mine for alot less from china

like this one...

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-gs/57 ... alers.html

with dhl itll take about a week to get to the uk, cost 99dollars, about 64 pound.

its got a decent battery on it, would charge a laptop fully 3 times over, so i used to leave mine out in the sun all the time and just plug it in when needed.

im form the uk too, good luck in the woods.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:23 am 
Site Admin

Rare Breed wrote:
The location is 600ft above sea level and over 150 mile inland.

Sorry for being a pedant, but I don't think any part of Britain is 150 miles from all coasts. The best fit would probably be the Midlands.... But that's not even 100 miles from the Bristol Channel.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:34 pm 
"The Boar" (Moderator)

Rare Breed wrote:
The location is 600ft above sea level and over 150 mile inland.

Sorry to disappoint, but there is no such place.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:57 pm 
Very 2012esque

tbf to him its the Atlantic Coast you'd need to worry about for any mega waves, unless of course theres some freak waves hitting the north sea for the first time in earths history.

that said, being 600ft up might not be enough for some of the doomsday scenarios some folk on here talk about.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:18 am 
Site Admin

Yes, the Atlantic is the most likely direction a tsunami would arrive from, primarily because there is more of it. Keep in mind that the North Sea didn't exist 15,000 years ago - it was created by a tsunami...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:04 pm 
2012 Forum Newbie

i dont know if this help you but... you think Uk is good for surviving? look at this world nuclear facilities map

http://www.howtosurvive2012.com/htm_day/placs_01.htm

maby in some place of scotland

ruigomes24@sapo.pt

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:59 pm 
Site Admin

Scotland has them as well. The US Govt recommends being 50 miles from a nuclear facility, but it totally depends on the wind.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:16 am 
2012 Forum Newbie

if nothing happends i go after patrick geryl... i want my books money back lolol

ruigomes24@sapo.pt

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]