It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:38 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: A word of caution....
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:49 am 
2012 Elder & Moderator

With the release of the 2012 movie on DVD and an increase on post- apocalyptic shows found on networks it's easy to see why so many new people are exploring 2012 a little more seriously. There are positive and negative aspects to this. Generally when a topic becomes a "hot topic" the more shady individuals out there tend to show up if they think they have found a way to make a few dollars. 2012 is no different. I've noticed an increase of people asking about joining survival communities and others wishing to start them.

This is one of those times I would recommend that anyone with an interest in 2012 evaluate everything calmly and rationally and not make rash decisions based on concern or fear. While there are genuine and good people out there we must consider there are also predators out there that take advantage of people that act rashly and wrecklessly out of fear.

With that in mind....if you are seriously looking for a group or community to join please do your homework. Giving out as little personal information as possible could save you from making a serious and potentially costly mistake. Ask as many questions as possible to get a feel for your potential new community before you commit to anything. Likewise if you are serious about starting a survival group or community be cautious with those that show interest. Get a feel for the individual(s) and become more detailed gradually. This is a public forum that is viewed by members and non-members alike and can be viewed by virtually everyone on the planet. It is best to contact each other directly through PMs here or via email. While posting your intent here may result in some enquiries, saying too much publicly could also make you a potential target to those that may wish to take advantage of the situation.

There are many theories of what may happen in 2012 but they are just that...theories. Nobody knows what or if anything will happen. Regardless of what you believe might happen it is important that you put your safety and the safety of your family first. When approaching all potential future situations and living arrangements it should be done gradually and cautiously.

shokwav

Post subject: Re: A word of caution....
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:58 am 
2012 Elder

Quite a few of those 'theories' are not theories at all but 'hooks' to get people into schemes, scams & cults. With all the 'play on fear' tactics being used by the MSM & TPTB to keep our attention away from the BS they are making of our lives, it can be difficult to focus long enough to see through the smoke screen being used to hype a 'theory' so they can scam us.

Be aware, be cautious & be paranoid in how you give out details, money & time.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:23 am 
2012 Elder & Moderator

Quote:
Quite a few of those 'theories' are not theories at all but 'hooks' to get people into schemes, scams & cults.

Precisely. I have seen quite a few posts here over the past couple of years from people who wish to start groups and focus on a military aspect as a foundation. Frankly that concerns me. While security and protection would be an issue to deal with in a worse case scenerio it is not the ONLY aspect to be concerned with when working within a group of people. The first question that comes to my mind when I see posts like that is "who's going to be in charge?" In a military setting not everyone gets to be the commanding officer. How do you select the person in charge and is everyone going to go along with it? What about the non-military people in the group...ie the families? A few individuals in the past have laid out their militarized vision for their proposed groups and even went as far as to say what would be done with people that didn't follow the orders set by the commander. Not surprising this particular group even decided their ranks ahead of time. To join them you were required to follow their rules. Scary stuff in my opinion.

We briefly had another group rep solicit for members here and via PM informed ladies who did inquire that husbands were not welcome. Just the women and children. "They" needed the women to repopulate the world afterwards. Again....pretty scary stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:13 am 
2012 Elder

We have had one or two approaches on here from 'strangers' selling a place in a community and no doubt we will get more. I prefer a bottom up approach. Ie people getting together to form a plan rather than someone promoting a ready made solution. And if the former just appeared out of the blue then I'm more than a little suspicious.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:09 am 
Valued 2012er

"The organizing principle of any society is for war."

Fletcher Prouty

I used to think that saying was a bunch of BS. After all, there's so much more to society, any society.

No more. In the case of the US at least, it's been true right from the beginning. This mindset easily carries over into survivalist communities in this country.

Spending all your time talking about weapons becomes practicing with them becomes using them.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:48 am 
2012 Forum Newbie

I totally agree with the first article in here on this topic of sharing info. We all have to be careful. More than careful. Check out the group first. They have that guy Patrick Jeral in Europe somewhere..the 2012 movie was based on his ideas.. I wonder if he knows that A comet or an asteroid is supposed to hit the ground over there..That might just ruin his plans a bit..

Thanks,

washingtonion

Last edited by washingtonion on Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:57 am 
Superstar Contributor

Well, I disagree somewhat. The best is to keep things open to the public at large (not PMs) since the elites can only succeed over the masses by keeping secrets...

Let the people then make up their own independent decisions by reading all of the various inputs...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:00 am 
2012 Elder & Leg-Shortener

Disagree?

...you??

:shock:

:wink:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:50 am 
2012 Forum Newbie

I had a PM sent from here about a guy that was going to let me join in on buying an old missile silo. All I had to do was give out my personal info. Needless to say I took this as a form of Nigerian Scam Mail and left it alone.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:53 am 
2012 Elder & Leg-Shortener

Sorry you had to deal with that. XSlayerALE can get a little carried away sometimes. :lol:

That was the right thing to do, IMHO. In a situation like this, you have to be careful who you give out info to.

Seismic and Volcano Monitoring - Pacific NW
Non-Hybrid Seeds
NOAA

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:56 am 
2012 Elder & Moderator

Quote:
The best is to keep things open to the public at large (not PMs) since the elites can only succeed over the masses by keeping secrets...

In a perfect world, maybe, but how do you know who is monitoring this site? I can tell you factually that many people and organizations track this site. Some are not too friendly to the idea of the 2012 crowd or survivalist. There are some things you just do in a public forum for obvious safety and security reasons. If you doubt that this forum is tracked just look at the bottom of the index page for "users online". You see 3 things. Registered users, guests and bots.

Registered users: Cuil [Bot], Google [Bot], Ken McClellan, Mag, Maranatha, ptmckiou, shokwav, Susan, suz, wirelessguru1, Yahoo [Bot]

That is what it was showing when I wrote this. We know who our members are but nobody knows who the guests are and we have rotating bots in here 24/7. I would think that if you were truly worried about the "elites" and TPTB the last thing you would want to do is post something detailed that can be tracked or traced.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:01 am 
Superstar Contributor

No, I don't doubt that the "bots" are tracking this web site...

As a matter of fact I fully expect the bots to track this web site since I also fully expect the integration of virtual reality with natural reality before the end of 2012...

That is still an integral part of my digital view of all things...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:17 am 
Valued 2012er

I agree that there may be parties with ulterior motives tracking this website, and I also think it doesn't matter much. I've never come across any posts where war, insurrection, armed revolution etc were being fomented. The major concern seems to be about possible changes and how to prepare for them, not how to bring them about.

Besides, I don't think governments and corporations need any help in destroying the various biological systems of the world. They're doing just fine on their own. :evil: :evil:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:14 pm 
Superstar Contributor

You mean I shouldn't have sent that $5000 cheque to the survial shed holding a spot for me ? ...or spend $500 on a special survival tent which is basically a normal tent lined in tin foil ? :lol:

If doomsday cometh, there is absolutely not a single manmade contraption that will help.
If all of a sudden I wake up and the world has gone Mad Max... there is always just going to be the same old rule that people live by today governing that fantasy reality as well, do whatever it takes to survive, or... simply die.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:29 pm 
Superstar Contributor

shokwav wrote:
Quote:
The best is to keep things open to the public at large (not PMs) since the elites can only succeed over the masses by keeping secrets...

I can tell you factually that many people and organizations track this site. Some are not too friendly to the idea of the 2012 crowd or survivalist.

The elites ? 8)
Who could possibly be so elite and have to work in shadows ? If they had the kind of power fear fantasizes about, these elite would just enslave us all already. There is no elite, only scientific communities with hands tied behind their backs concerning their work.
For keeping secrets, yea I feel this way about the world as well... but I also think secrets have to be kept. There are too many stupid humans with crazy minds that participate in bizarre religions and cults that would do stupid things if everything were to be revealed so to speak. Look at the mentality of something relatively peaceful like the church already. These people do not want changes, they have already chosen to beleive a certain version of events and nothing will change it. Simple governments have their hands tied so to speak, trying to keep a economy going and trying to keep the masses from going stupid for no reason.
Ever since the establishment and hold of things like organized religions dictating their assumed truths, real truth will always have to struggle to come forth. Mankind has accepted the church, and now it's like a infestation that will not leave without a fight. Besides anything found like Nibiru anyways, will be escalated to meaning more than it does by these religious establishments and they will create panic.

Panic and irrational behaviour is the last thing mankind needs. Humanity needs education that is not tainted with conjecture and magic infused ridiculous religious propaganda. Too much of mankind thinks some super god will just save them, so they personally need not do anything, another part of mankind is too engrossed in the ridiculous materialistic aspect of a disgusting society to even care, and it goes on and on. People that just want to know what is really going on in reality... good luck, you face abuse and challenges from everyone else that would rather you not find out incase it somehow proves them wrong etc etc and on and on it goes...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next