It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:53 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Flood & Future Maps
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:06 am 
Superstar Contributor

WARNING: PICTURES AHEAD, MAY TAKE AFEW MINS TO LOAD

Some things that could happen, is Polar Shift (aka Axis Shift), which is pretty much the Earth falling over... Big mess

Flooding and Solar problems I'm sure will be the biggest mess... Solar Maximums will peak in the year 2012 (NASA-confirmed fact), but the flooding will cover continents..

I found this flood map:
http://flood.firetree.net/

Also, here is another one that could be useful:
http://www.globalwarmingart.com/sealevel

I have some future-maps I'll post too... Please take note, that I did not make these maps, I found them a long time ago, and I'm afraid I don't have the site I got them all from (I got them scattered around the net from different sources):

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

The government is not your friend! Will you let them WIPE YOU OUT after the disaster?

Energy Manipulation, Telekinesis, Remote Viewing, Telepathy, etc are possible -- no need for a 'gift' -- and YOU can do it!

Last edited by refuge on Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Flood map
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:53 am 
2012 Elder

Thanks refuge! Great links! :D

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 7:22 pm 
2012 Elder & Leg-Shortener

Those are measurements in meters, not miles.

14 miles and I would be building an Ark. :shock:

Google Earth has a similar tool that can be downloaded, and then you can look at what the terrain will be like on the new coast. It's a little buggy, but zoomed in close it provides you with a scalable view up to an increase of 99 meters.

To download:

1). Open Google Earth.
2). Under Places (middle of the left pane of the screen), click the Add Content button.
3). Look for Rising Sea Level Animation. Currently it's the 6th item on the list.

The "Animation" piece doesn't seem to work, but if you include the content and drill down through the sub-folders in the Places pane you will see the checkboxes for sea level increments. Select (in meters) how much you'd like to see the sea level rise and then look at where you're at to see if you're potentially safe...or if you should scoot to higher ground. :shock:

Seismic and Volcano Monitoring - Pacific NW
Non-Hybrid Seeds
NOAA

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 9:37 pm 
2012 Elder

refuge wrote:
But, how high is the water expected to rise? Higher than 14miles?

I think you mean Meters :oops:

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 10:01 pm 
Superstar Contributor

Rising water is a result of global warming. That may be replaced with nuclear winter over most the planet...

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 11:00 pm 
Superstar Contributor

Wow...miles :oops:
I fixed that...

Couldn't poler shift (if the polls heat up because of that) cause rising water too?

The government is not your friend! Will you let them WIPE YOU OUT after the disaster?

Energy Manipulation, Telekinesis, Remote Viewing, Telepathy, etc are possible -- no need for a 'gift' -- and YOU can do it!

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 1:16 am 
Superstar Contributor

ejwitte wrote:
Rising water is a result of global warming. That may be replaced with nuclear winter over most the planet...

this is what is causing all the problems with the oceans, global warming, the ozone, and every other thing wrong with the planet ;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16heorrf ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thS0cimu ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_jXXXQ9 ... re=related

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 3:16 pm 
Very 2012esque

With the first map wouldn't the coastal flooding of the US cause flooding to the great lakes ?

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 6:30 pm 
2012 Elder & Moderator

Good question....I live a few miles from the shore of Lake Ontario.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 11:44 pm 
Brand New Here

Dont forget to take into account the most important thing..... Pole shift... it has happend before and it will happen again.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 12:11 am 
Superstar Contributor

If the water is going to rise like they say which is all crap ,why are they rebuilding in the big easy, the levee wall is 3foot high they say if global warming is stopped completely today the ocean will still rise 3 feet any way , it will be at the top of the wall without a storm which would mean the smallest storm could cause flooding,but the army corp of engineers say the wall will prevent the worst flood in 100 years.

If they think the water is going to rise why would they keep building on the water front,why not build levees on all the water front now, rather then spend billions later. not to mention the loss of life.
so what your saying is the governments are going to let people die and lose there homes. then if you think the governments are capable of that, then how is it you cant entertain the idea that global warming is a big lie,
look at my other post in this thread and check out the links why are they still doing testing of bombs in the oceans think of that energy release in the sea all that heat and you have country's every few years doing it.

WAKE THE F__K UP

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 1:22 am 
Superstar Contributor

bremmermandrake wrote:
If they think the water is going to rise why would they keep building on the water front,why not build levees on all the water front now, rather then spend billions later. not to mention the loss of life.

That's a good question. Mt Vesuvius is smoking again too, and they say an eruption is due, not a small one, but a large gas one like when it wiped everyone out in Pompeii. But here is an analogical question to yours... It makes me wonder now... Why is Italy building up millions around Pompeii? That will also cause loss of life and billions in casualty.
Yellowstone National Park is a dormant supervolcano. It would be very dangerous if it erupts, yet they have a very large amount of people there.

A large-scale earthquake is due in California too, one that can make it an island. How many would that kill? Millions maybe?

Let's not forget hurricane Katrina... Their levees were on the back burner to be repaired, and they gave out...

The human race, as a whole, is rather stupid... They don't take preparation for disaster, even if they see it coming... The need for "right-now" living outweighs this.
Someone asked a person living at the bottom of Pompeii's Mt Vesuvius, "if that volcano could erupt any day, what are you still living here?" They answered something like, "this property is valuable, and we've lived here for years. I think we're take our chances"
People are still building structures in the volcano's "red-zone"

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 4:03 am 
Superstar Contributor

refuge wrote:
The human race, as a whole, is rather stupid... They don't take preparation for disaster, even if they see it coming... The need for "right-now" living outweighs this.
Someone asked a person living at the bottom of Pompeii's Mt Vesuvius, "if that volcano could erupt any day, what are you still living here?" They answered something like, "this property is valuable, and we've lived here for years. I think we're take our chances"
People are still building structures in the volcano's "red-zone"

The general population doesn't like to think about problems until its too late. To give you an idea though I'm already making preparations to get away from the coast as soon as I have money to move ;)

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 3:55 pm 
Superstar Contributor

I live in Delaware, which is on the cost. I live about twenty mins from it.

I already have a nice spot picked out that's very high above sea lvl, and according to all the flood maps I've seen, this place will remain dry (due to it's high elevation). Best of all, it hasn't been touched by humans ever!

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 6:43 pm 
Very 2012esque

I don't like these maps :x They don't show how much the rivers will rise, how am i, fresh out of highschool, suppose to know how to calculate that? lol

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next