It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:25 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 773 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52  Next
 Post subject: Re: The List of Best Survival Locations
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:58 pm 
2012 Forum Newbie

Jenya wrote:
East Central Kentucky.

While traveling through there over the summer, I found this beautiful fertile flatland. It was high enough, and next to a high
altitude mountain range (Blue Ridge). No active volcanos, not too close to a fault line. I think I want to go there and lose
myself in those hills. :mrgreen:

Anyone wanna come along? :D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:13 pm 
2012 Forum Newbie

Thanatos wrote:
Goz:

My research suggests that you are right in your selection of Colorado as one of the safer places of refuge in the USA when the axis shift takes places. There are just a few points that you should keep in mind. You have already mentioned one of them-the presence of calderas. Most dormant calderas can only be located by a trained geologist, so you will have to make sure that the site of your underground bunker is chosen with the greatest of care.

Secondly, I hope that you realize that when the tectonic plates begin to grind against each other during the shift, all the calderas and volcanoes, dormant and active, are going to explode with incredible force, spewing forth massive amounts of volcanic ash. It has been calculated that when the Yellowstone caldera explodes, it is going to contaminate the air over most of the US. Just think of the fact that there are numerous calderas in North America as well as all over the rest of the world.

What I am trying to point out is that the air over the entire planet is going to be filled with swirling masses of toxic volcanic ash. If you breathe this stuff, it settles in the lungs, combines with the moisture there to form a hard cement-like material that suffocates you. You will have to install a first rate air filtration system in your bunker or else you will die.

I hope you are not one of those people planning to survive by hunting after the shift. Hunting will be almost impossible since the vast majority of animals will have been killed by the effects of the volcanic ash. The recent volcano eruption on the Caribbean island of Montserrat shows very clearly that it is the volcanic ash that kills most people. Islanders who successfully escaped the lava were killed by the ash.

Finally, once it becomes known that Colorado is one of the safer sites in the US, the place is going to be swarming with "refugees" from other parts of North America desperately seeking safety. Before this happens, you are going to have to make sure that your bunker, reinforced with concrete and steel, has been built, that a latrine and air-filtration system have been established, that you have enough food and equipment to last for eighteen months and that you have the necessities to restart life for you and your family.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:13 am 
Valued 2012er

Northern Michigan or Canada. I have reasons:

I've seen a couple maps that have me worried. One displays the ash cloud on the map of the United States after Yellowstone goes up, and the other map of the US after The Big One at New Madrid.

1. Yellowstone's predicted ash cloud extends to the western shore of Lake Michigan and the southern Canadian border. So you could survive in those places for longer than you would out west, though there would be ash in the air worldwide and the growing season would suffer for a couple years.

2. The New Madrid split widens the Mississippi River into a long strait that connects the Grate Lakes system with the Gulf of Mexico. There are a few predictions on how that will affect Michigan, but the one that got my attention is the one that completely inundated the UP and split the state in two as well as separating it from the rest of the US. I kinda like the idea of living on "North Michigan Island" lol. Trick is, I'd have to get off "South Michigan Island" first, which according to the map contains Lansing and Flint. Luckily the waters drown Detroit.

3. I see on these boards a lot of you take stock in the "pole shift" theory. If that happens, Michigan and Canada slip into the warmer band, so if you like the rain forest environment you'd certainly be in luck!

So my location of choice would be Houghton Lake, MI.

"If you haven't pissed someone off, you're not trying hard enough" - Me

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:51 am 
2012 Forum Newbie

Yellowstone will not be an issue up here and the skin heads are gone. All I have run into are good hardworking folks and former military like myself with a sprinkle of former police officers.
The big plus is the small town I live close to- we all think alike.No BS, Feed the bad one's to the bears.

pixie11 wrote:
refuge- idaho 2 problems 1. yellowstone-2. skin heads. the skinheads are a major threat in idaho that is pretty much thier base state.

farmerjoe- i lived up in montana near libby nice country lots of game and i thought of montana too, but yellowstone made me look else were.

CockroachYet- i would like to point out that most good game are found near or in woods, also because trees burn they make a good fuel source for cooking and just keeping warm. a desert might not be as bad as you think nobody is going to go out there foraging/goofing around so you may be safer there than you think.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:12 am 
Very 2012esque

Peace in your mind is the ony true refuge. You can not escape death! Even if survival of the event is possible you still can not escape from death which is the transformation of your body and the decoupling of mind and body. You best be prepared for the stage in between lives if you want to "survive". Survive you will anyhow but the question is if you are being tossed somewhere or if you "chose" where you want to go.

Read the book: The Tibetan book of the living and the dying. Then you might get a glimpse of what is going to happen and you can prepare yourselves.

Remember: There is no save physical place to hide from death. NOWHERE!

Love

Olaf

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:24 pm 
2012 Elder

if you follow half of what you say then you would understand that there is no death.
keep crawling caterpiller and remember the world looks different through the eyes of a butterfly.
colorado is were it's at.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:59 pm 
2012 Elder & Moderator

I think getting there soon may be a good Idea. Just know that winter seems to be showing up so far it's mild.

MY LIFE MY RULES

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:56 am 
2012 Forum Newbie

All the bunkers the government has definitely made.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:12 am 
Very 2012esque

bunker my a** if earth breaks apart how is that gonna do any good :lol:

you guys are so funny... :wink:

lsol

Olaf

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:02 am 
2012 Forum Newbie

WHEN ALL ELSE FAILS my advice is the brooks range in alaska long way from any city food and fule in abundance in the form of birch trees the soft inner bark is good to eat loaded with essential nutrents boil the inner bark first. if you eat meat game is every where! if your in the lower 48 there are 1000s of safe crossings into western canada make it to whitehorse canada and float/walk,sled down past fort yukon alaska birch is a great emergency ration once your in ak someone will keep watch on you untill it is safe to make contact there are outhers who are like minded here(outher groops) avoid native villages thay have little but will fight do defend there lives and you will be seen as a threat(especally if you have nothing at all..a rambling preditor) WE WILL NOT EXCEPT ANY ONE WHO EATS OR HAS EATEN LONG PIG children under 13yrs excluded from this rule the innocent must not suffer from the crimes of the parents. we are set up for 300 refuges. could care for 10x as many! 2 in residence e.m.t s 10 survival coaches w/training and 9 yrs experance in artic living no dentist no docter yet hope you like oat meal, barley and beans and rice we do have a great(size) garden in the summer and many hidie holes just in case the groop im involved with dosnt want to waste ammo on gun fights we will just go deaper in the bush untill we can go no farther then thay(whoever) have to deal with hill folk from the ozarks in missouri the groop im involved with is torah observant christans & messanic jews 8)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:50 am 
2012 Elder

olzo wrote:
bunker my a** if earth breaks apart how is that gonna do any good

you have abunker in your azz????
you do know that a bunker doesn't have to be UNDERGROUND you got that.
if the earth breaks apart like really??? that's going to happen? :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:31 pm 
Superstar Contributor

you may walk around like a fallen down drunk for a few minutes?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:33 am 
Brand New Here

Not too sure if it is best to just make a new thread or if it is fine to ask here (if it isn't, sorry).

What things should I expect in the areas around Connellsville, PA? I'm having a hard time meeting anyone near me who even remotely considers that there is a possibility that 2012 might happen. While I hope nothing does happen, I'm also conflicted because a big part of me highly doubts 2012 will be anything more than a change in perspective rather than a disaster or end of electronic civilization or the like. Either way, I'm mentally prepaired but I'm not prepaired in any other fashion; anyone know what things I can do that is specific to the type of area that Connellsville, PA is?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:11 am 
Site Admin

The general problems with survivalism in the NE USA are cold winters and high population density. Pittsburgh has 4 months in which the average daily low temperature is below freezing - that's taxing on self-sufficiency efforts.

And when 2.4 Pittsburgh folk flee their city, they will mostly head away from other large population centers - so that means they'll head south and west. You aren't on a major highway, so you might be safe from the fleeing millions.

Your biggest tragedy concern would be a nuclear disaster. If that doesn't faze you, or you are prepared for it, then stay put. Concentrate your energy and resources on building up a year's worth of food and water (and keep quiet about it).

In general, I'd get a safe spot down in Kentucky / South West Ohio. I have specific recommendations in my ebook:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=26444

I've copied the above into a new thread where people can ask advice about their current location:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26557&p=446064#p446064

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:25 am 
2012 Forum Newbie

I have heard about the skin heads, but most are gone or in jail. I moved to North Idaho a few years back. I am surrounded with like minded folks, most go to my church, and the rest are brother Rangers, Green Berets and a few Seals. I hit paydirt here. Most don't think Yellowstone will hurt us up here at least until the plum circles the earth.

Good luck to all, RangerRick

pixie11 wrote:
refuge- idaho 2 problems 1. yellowstone-2. skin heads. the skinheads are a major threat in idaho that is pretty much thier base state.

farmerjoe- i lived up in montana near libby nice country lots of game and i thought of montana too, but yellowstone made me look else were.

CockroachYet- i would like to point out that most good game are found near or in woods, also because trees burn they make a good fuel source for cooking and just keeping warm. a desert might not be as bad as you think nobody is going to go out there foraging/goofing around so you may be safer there than you think.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 773 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52  Next