It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:15 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Playboy 2012 Article now online (it's about our members)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:19 pm 
2012 Elder

:lol: i was a target long before i joined this forum....i assure you....

and i assure everyone, you won't make it off this rock alive....

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:40 pm 
2012 Elder & Retired Moderator

Yes that's one thing we can be sure of Space.......
A person that lives fully is prepared to die at anytime.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:18 am 
Very 2012esque

Jenya wrote:
I think the point of Maz's post is why would you go "on the record" for Playboy (..of all magazines.. :roll: ), tell the world
where you at, what you gotz, your name, etc...

I don't want everyone knowing my plans. I don't want people knowing where I'll be. I don't want them knowing what I have
and my skills to accomplish my goals. I'm a very open person, but some things are best left secret...

Correct.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:46 pm 
2012 Elder

i can understand maz's post, then, but it was constructed with all of the attributes of the legal definition of a terrorisitic threat....

identify the target, identify the location, identify the method, and identify the time....

btw, there is no such thing as internet anonimity.....

I suspect the post will be edited, if it isn't already....

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:18 am 
Site Admin

There's a big difference between:

a) Someone using information they find online (or in a magazine) to locate someone specifically

or

b) Targeting someone because of info you found about them

It's a sign of how good most people are, and how lacking innovation most bad people are, that people aren't targeted that much due to what is revealed about them online and in the media. Unless you win Lotto and tell the world...

Of course if Steve was already being sought by someone (say the Mafia, or an ex), then he would be crazy being in the article.

The real risk, if there is one, comes down to people already living in your immediate area. Either you keep your survival info 100% secret, or when the SHTF, some local might recall what you have, and want it for themselves.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:22 pm 
Author / Researcher

Rob wrote:

The real risk, if there is one, comes down to people already living in your immediate area. Either you keep your survival info 100% secret, or when the SHTF, some local might recall what you have, and want it for themselves.

I wonder how many storerooms filled with provisions will never be accessed because the folks who stocked them were somewhere else when TSHTF?

Another reason not to bother 'preparing'?
...another reason to spend MORE of your time 'preparing' 'getting ready' the only temple you can be assured that will be accessible to you.

Here is a feeling I had recently Rob.
Just like the myth of Perseus, who uses his shield like a MIRROR to defeat the serpent headed Medusa, by deflecting her serpentine gaze.
Or what about Archimedes who was credited with using a MIRROR to deflect the Sun's Rays and defeat the enemy?

Here is what I feel...the MOON can be used as such a shield perhaps...to block some of those serpentine waves coming our way.

That could be why they *fook* around on the MOON.
A Man-made OCCULTATION?

Also the escape velocity of our SUN or the EARTH jumping to another orbit might come into play too... :wink:
Just some thoughts...
Mostly connected to those pesky gamma ray bursts caused by stars going supernova.

namaste

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:15 pm 
Superstar Contributor

Raphael....... I think your brain just went super nova...

AGAIN...

haha I kid..

What you are saying seems interesting there, I just can't seem to make sense of it though. The moon would help a little I suppose. Escaping the Sun??

Anyway. I originally thought it was a bad idea to have the article in Playboy... but after reading it, it was entertaining! I think anyone who had anything to worry about would not have volunteered to be interviewed.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:09 pm 
Author / Researcher

Professor Arkham wrote:
Raphael....... I think your brain just went super nova...

AGAIN...

haha I kid..

What you are saying seems interesting there, I just can't seem to make sense of it though. The moon would help a little I suppose. Escaping the Sun??

no NOT the Sun...
occulting, hiding from another star that might do us harm...?

do you know what an occultation is?

Quote:
An occultation is an event that occurs when one object is hidden by another object that passes between it and the observer. The word is used in astronomy (see below) and can also be used in a general (non-astronomical) sense to describe when an object in the foreground occults (covers up) objects in the background.

Astronomical events which cause occultation include transits and eclipses.

so now prof ARK...tell me if anything in this passage jumps out at you?

Quote:
The Moon's orbit is inclined to the ecliptic (see orbit of the Moon), and any stars with an ecliptic latitude of less than about 6.5 degrees may be occulted by it. There are three first magnitude stars that are sufficiently close to the ecliptic that they may be occulted by the Moon and by planets -- Regulus, Spica and Antares. Occultations of Aldebaran are presently only possible by the Moon, because the planets pass Aldebaran to the north. Neither planetary nor lunar occultations of Pollux are currently possible. However, in the far future, occultations of Aldebaran and Pollux will be possible, as they were in the far past. Some deep-sky objects, such as the Pleiades, can also be occulted by the moon.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occultatio ... y_the_Moon

namaste

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:40 pm 
Site Admin

Raphael wrote:
I wonder how many storerooms filled with provisions will never be accessed because the folks who stocked them were somewhere else when TSHTF?

I propose that a network of survival groups, in different regions of the same country, network. They can communicate using shortwave after the event, and before the event, share information about the skills they have, and where they have stashed stuff. That way, in the months/years to come, other groups might manage to travel and recover any supplies left unused.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:11 pm 
Author / Researcher

Rob wrote:
Raphael wrote:

I propose that a network of survival groups, in different regions of the same country, network. They can communicate using shortwave after the event, and before the event, share information about the skills they have, and where they have stashed stuff. That way, in the months/years to come, other groups might manage to travel and recover any supplies left unused.

just like in the Terminator films...
us with short wave radios against big bro and the machines who wanna catch us and release us back into urban underground centers so we can resume consuming?
:shock:

I want to volunteer for the hydroponic gardening tours of duty.

namaste

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:31 am 
Superstar Contributor

..indeed, indeed... :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:17 am 
2012 Elder

Professor Arkham wrote:
I think anyone who had anything to worry about would not have volunteered to be interviewed.

actually, you are correct....

I don't have a lot of food, but the farmers here have a lot. The beef and poultry is alive here. I do have some heirloom seeds and stuff, but everybody here has their own garden.

I only risk common thievery, and that would be for less than you can find in most any house around here.

I didn't, and still don't, have any worries about being 'identified'. Whether as a prepper, soldier, or whatever else.

There are always risks in life, or it wouldn't be one.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:24 am 
2012 Elder & Moderator

Raphael wrote:
...catch us and release us back into urban underground centers so we can resume consuming?
:shock:
That was beautiful. :D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:12 pm 
Superstar Contributor

Quote:
....and then there's the renegade relative or two, that smoke too much dope and don't like to work for a living....

Which renegade relative would that be?

Job 1:5 And it was so, when the days of their feasting were gone about, that Job sent and sanctified them, and rose up early in the morning, and offered burnt offerings according to the number of them all: for Job said, It may be that my sons have sinned, and cursed God in their hearts. Thus did Job continually.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:10 am 
Author / Researcher

CaptBill wrote:
Quote:
....and then there's the renegade relative or two, that smoke too much dope and don't like to work for a living....

Which renegade relative would that be?

Job 1:5 And it was so, when the days of their feasting were gone about, that Job sent and sanctified them, and rose up early in the morning, and offered burnt offerings according to the number of them all: for Job said, It may be that my sons have sinned, and cursed God in their hearts. Thus did Job continually.

bible quotations I can live with.
:lol: :lol:

I prefer to be in vogue and use Zig Zag 1.25 :wink:

namaste

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next