It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:43 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: To our Chinese visitors
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:20 am 
2012 Forum Newbie

OK SEEYOU have a good dream :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:19 pm 
Superstar Contributor

wow your english is good! i'm impressed!

“Choice is an illusion. Do I do this – do I do that – all of this is confusion. I can only choose when I’m confused. When I know clearly, there is no choice.”

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:58 pm 
Brand New Here

well ,about 2012 ,i do not think that is the doomsday. all will be cycle. I recommend every Foreign friends read more book about IChing------- The wisdom of ancient Chinese. I think all idea you will be find.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:01 pm 
2012 Elder

I am Australian. I am from Melbourne, probably one of the most multicultural places on the planet.

After going to almost all the threads on here started or replied to by our new Chinese visitors I hae to mention the abyssmal lack of 2012 information being shown by them. To the new Chinese members I would say, 'pull out finger, make some contribution to our site' - you will be overwhelmed by the meaningful response to you site,
balbelfish is your friend!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:21 pm 
2012 Elder & Moderator

Quote:
After going to almost all the threads on here started or replied to by our new Chinese visitors I hae to mention the abyssmal lack of 2012 information being shown by them.

Hmmm...perhaps we should view this another way. The lack of 2012 information could be genuine. We assume they experience the same freedom of ideas we do but is that the case? I don't have the answer to that.

We have many English speaking people that come here with an interest about 2012 but have little knowledge about it. Some come here and believe it is all about the Mayan calendar because that is all they have heard before they arrived here. The same holds true for Nibiru. Those that have been here a while know that there are many other theories, ideas and opinions about what 2012 means but to the ones that have only glimpsed a small portion these multiple ideas are foreign.

The purpose of this forum like many others is to exchange ideas and information. The exchange will always be limited by the volume of knowledge of the participants. If a participant has only been exposed to a narrow view, their participation will likewise be narrow. As we share information those with more knowledge can teach those who have been exposed to less. It is a give and take proposition. When we include a language barrier it makes it that much harder to exchange ideas.

We should appreciate the fact that our new visitors are here and are trying to build that bridge. To dismiss them because they cannot at this time contribute as some might like does not mean they won't be valuable contributors in the future. Just like our English speaking newbies it will take time for them to discover new ideas.

It would be just as difficult for one of us to join their forum to discuss the issues. The language barrier could make us seem simple and our contributions would be limited as well.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:33 pm 
2012 Elder

I agree Shok, from the posts I have seen all 2012 material has been censored in China.

Perhaps a refresher on Discovery channel links, and other web sources might be in order. Also, is Playboy published in Chinese? Just askin. :)

我同意休克,从员额我看到2012年的所有材料已经被封杀在中国。

也许进修的探索频道链接和其他网络资源可能会秩序。此外,有花花公子出版的中文?刚刚阿斯金。

regards, Ace

The Oath of the Paladin #10. Thou shalt always Be the champion of the Right and the Good against Injustice and Evil.
宣誓的帕拉丁# 10 。你应该永远是冠军的权利和良好的反对非正义和邪恶。

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:00 pm 
Superstar Contributor

loveglare wrote:
well ,about 2012 ,i do not think that is the doomsday. all will be cycle. I recommend every Foreign friends read more book about IChing------- The wisdom of ancient Chinese. I think all idea you will be find.

hah maybe they know more than we think :wink:

i also think it will be a cycle

“Choice is an illusion. Do I do this – do I do that – all of this is confusion. I can only choose when I’m confused. When I know clearly, there is no choice.”

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:05 pm 
Valued 2012er

Nostradamus 2012 is what got me interested in this subject, it gives some thoughts of what might happen. There are other videos concerning 2012, but you might wanna start with this one.
Here is the link: Nostradamus 2012 Part 1

诺查丹玛斯2012年是让我感兴趣的这个问题,它使一些想法可能会发生什么。还有其他一些关于2012年的影片,但您可能要开始这一点。

"Truth resides in every human heart, and one has to search for it there, and to be guided by truth as one sees it. But no one has a right to coerce others to act according to his own view of the truth." --- Gandhi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:40 pm 
2012 Elder

loveglare wrote:

I-Ching the Chinese book of changes, excellent reference. My memory is fuzzy but was it not used along with other things to come up with the 2012 date? Agh, this human memory is so fallable. Ok here it is... the Timeware zero project.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timewave_zero

loveglare this is a good place to start. It links the I-Ching and western thought nicely.

Ace

The Oath of the Paladin #10. Thou shalt always Be the champion of the Right and the Good against Injustice and Evil.
宣誓的帕拉丁# 10 。你应该永远是冠军的权利和良好的反对非正义和邪恶。

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:55 pm 
Valued 2012er

key wrote:
OK, BUT My English is inaccurate

Thats ok, My Chinese is even WORSE! I cannot speak or read Chinese. Your Mandrin is cool to hear though. and your writing system is fascinating, ditto with Japanese. Just try your best.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:55 pm 
2012 Elder

Here's the wiki article for I Ching/这是维基文章易经:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_ching

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:58 pm 
Superstar Contributor

shokwav wrote:
For all of our Chinese visitors. We do understand there is a language barrier and understand the information you recieve might be limited. While we are a world wide forum most members here do not read or speak Chinese. Please try to translate you thoughts and ideas to English so that we can all exchange information. Thank you.

对于所有我们的中国访客。 我们了解有语言障隘,并且了解您获得的信息也许是有限的。 当我们是全世界论坛时这里多数成员不读也不讲中文。 请设法翻译您想法和想法为英语,以便我们能所有交换信息。 谢谢。

Good idea but what about a separate Chinese (and possibly other languages) sub-forum?
好主意,但怎么样一个单独的中文(以及可能的其他语言)的分论坛?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:30 am 
2012 Elder & Moderator

Quote:
Good idea but what about a separate Chinese (and possibly other languages) sub-forum?

On the surface that may sound like a good idea but there are a couple of issues with that. First and foremost is moderating of the subforum. It could be a nightmare especially if it is moderated by someone that doesn't speak the language. Some have suggested that we could assign moderators that understood the language but that brings me to my second point. The purpose of the forum is to allow debate on topics by every member. If we created language based subforums it would not be much different than creating a bunch of mini forums that ran independently. What good is a multi-cultural forum for the exchange of ideas if all the cultures are separated? It would defeat the purpose. As they already have a forum of their own it would seem redundant to create a branch of what they already have there on this forum. They seem to have come here to expand on what they already have.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:15 am 
2012 Elder

Just as an aside, I've used The Online i-Ching I find it fascinating how often I can ask a similar question on different days or times and get pretty much the same advice. ie. it isn't just a random effect as near as I can tell.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:46 am 
2012 Elder

shokwav wrote:
Quote:

On the surface that may sound like a good idea but there are a couple of issues with that. First and foremost is moderating of the subforum. It could be a nightmare especially if it is moderated by someone that doesn't speak the language. Some have suggested that we could assign moderators that understood the language but that brings me to my second point. The purpose of the forum is to allow debate on topics by every member. If we created language based subforums it would not be much different than creating a bunch of mini forums that ran independently. What good is a multi-cultural forum for the exchange of ideas if all the cultures are separated? It would defeat the purpose. As they already have a forum of their own it would seem redundant to create a branch of what they already have there on this forum. They seem to have come here to expand on what they already have.
This makes a lot of sense - a separate forum would remove the multicultural advantages of having the mixed national interactions. The very people who would probably benefit most from seeing how others think would probably never get the chance to interact.

Now if only we could be sure of our translations to & fro... while something like 'Attacks big one! Your mother's house You have poo on hand, as well as on yours face' is good for hilarity it does highlight the potential for misunderstanding as we build the bridges across to the new members.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next