It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:17 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Publicly Complaining about Members or Mods
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:07 am 
Superstar Contributor

survivor727 wrote:
If people don't want politics mentioned there are two simple courses of action: 1. remove all subforums not directly related to 2012 like "The Lounge" or, 2. if you see a thread that's political, stay out of it...you know, change the channel. :wink:

If people STILL aren't happy with the way things are there are two simple courses of action: 1. remove yourself from the computer, or sites like "2012forum.com" or, 2. if you see a commentator that doesn't jive with your rigid beliefs...you know, foe them. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:19 am 
Superstar Contributor

Careful... Survivor has karma, mojo hex or one of those dolls you poke needles in. You might get attacked by a vicious female beermelon like the one he sict'd on me!

Hey Space, the best thing about the Razorback is that its always twenty years behind the rest of the world... So if the world comes to an end at least you have a while!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:30 am 
2012 Elder

Quote:
From now on, any public airing of grievances about mods or other members will not be tolerated, and anyone that does so will be warned not to do it again.

I thought this was perfectly clear, but then I too was educated in a Commonwealth system. Perhaps it needs to be translated to something more globally recognised... like, oh... quit your f'ing whining?

As for the purple handles, shame, it was a nice colour. But while it's tempting to say that getting rid of them will get rid of some of the delusional paranoia, I'd like to point out that while Purple People were Obvious Overlords, Former Purple People will now be considered the Hidden Overlords 8)

*sweeps cape dramatically and heads back to super secret Private Purple People Cave for cocktails and appies mwah-ha-ha-ha!*

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:09 am 
2012 Apologist

Rob wrote:
XSlayerALE wrote:
aaaaawwww I am sad now :cry:

Common logic mistake ;)

There are also some non-Elders who have made lots of posts who simply haven't been suggested as Elders.

Not being an elder is certainly not meaning a person isn't worthy. It could just be that someone doesn't stand out or doesn't discuss things I find more interesting. Most Elders are nominated by moderators. I fully suspect there are a dozen or two members worthy of Elder status, I just don't have the time or inclination to work on it. As I have always said, it isn't that important, and don't place too much importance on it. It is primarily to help newbies and to help me keep an eye on things.

Ahhhh It doesnt matter to me anyhoo. I am not here to impress or dazzle anyone and I certainly am not looking for any more responsibility to take on (moral, intellectual or otherwise) I just thought the label was neet. :P facts are still facts whether from an "elder" or a newbie.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:18 pm 
Superstar Contributor

Jenya wrote:
you are the biggest instigator of all.

because survivor goes into threads that he obviously doesn't agree with and starts provoking the OP... :roll:

“Choice is an illusion. Do I do this – do I do that – all of this is confusion. I can only choose when I’m confused. When I know clearly, there is no choice.”

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:41 pm 
Valued 2012er

Jenya wrote:

You are terribly self-righteous. You have all these high expectations of "Elders", but you live up to none of them. I only
type things that most everyone here is thinking, and you are the biggest instigator of all.

Lets see... what's your agenda? :twisted: You want me banned Mr. Freedom-of-Speech??

Excuse me, just wanted to pop in and say that I am not one of the 'most everyone' of whom you speak. Just sayin'...not wanting to be attacked, flamed or anything else nasty. Thank you. :|

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:06 pm 
2012 Elder

I'm with her ^^

:shock: :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:20 pm 
2012 Elder

Hey, Hey...

you kids take it outside...

and don't be fannin' the doors....

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:53 pm 
2012 Elder

Hrungnir wrote:
Jenya wrote:
you are the biggest instigator of all.

because survivor goes into threads that he obviously doesn't agree with and starts provoking the OP... :roll:

Yes, he does...

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=13736&start=0

...the thread that started it all.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:59 pm 
Superstar Contributor

Hey, I'm a Superstar Contributer now. :mrgreen:

This other site that I just quit, banned threads like this a few Months ago. No public discussion about management decisions. Like the 'Out of ths World' sub-forum, they had, one day it was GONE, zapped. Poof. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:59 pm 
2012 Elder

vision-master wrote:

This other site that I just quit, banned threads like this a few Months ago. No public discussion about management decisions. Like the 'Out of ths World' sub-forum, they had, one day it was GONE, zapped. Poof. :lol:

It went 'out of this world'?....heheheheh :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:02 pm 
Superstar Contributor

Amuun wrote:
vision-master wrote:

It went 'out of this world'?....heheheheh :lol: :lol:

So did my Merkaba ativar. Gone, poof.......

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:04 pm 
2012 Elder

:cry:

sorry

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:28 pm 
Superstar Contributor

Rob wrote:

Not being an elder is certainly not meaning a person isn't worthy. It could just be that someone doesn't stand out or doesn't discuss things I find more interesting. Most Elders are nominated by moderators. I fully suspect there are a dozen or two members worthy of Elder status, I just don't have the time or inclination to work on it. As I have always said, it isn't that important, and don't place too much importance on it. It is primarily to help newbies and to help me keep an eye on things.

Rob, I think you're a great admin, I really like this forum and to be perfectly honest I don't understand the purpose of this announcement as I haven't really seen any flame wars on these forums (except for one with me and another member who shall go unnamed). I also think it's great that we can have discussions about this topic, as most other forums ban such discussion pertaining to decisions made by authority figures.

However, to say you would not give someone a title, because you don't find their material interesting, is blatantly judgment. What you do not find interesting, many others could.

Also, I find this thread to be a bit of an oxymoron. It is a flame war. Albeit, not overly, and not clearly, but there is most definitely aggression in many of the posts within this thread.

However, I couldn't really care less. I personally am rather partial to fading into the darkness. You guys can have your arguments, debates, what-have you. I'll sit back and laugh.

PS: If you did want to put a color on my name, I would most appreciate Yellow :)
Jenya wrote:
Go ahead, name the name.. because I know you want to... :wink: We all know who you are attacking anyway-- ME!
You've only typed "Jenya" about 1,000 times in the last 3 weeks... :roll:

You are terribly self-righteous. You have all these high expectations of "Elders", but you live up to none of them. I only
type things that most everyone here is thinking, and you are the biggest instigator of all.

Lets see... what's your agenda? :twisted: You want me banned Mr. Freedom-of-Speech??

Jenya, I like you, I think your hot, and you raise many good points of discussion, but I do believe that this post of your's, is exactly what Rob is saying needs to end. You are not outright attacking the poster, but you are most certainly instigating him/her.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:00 pm 
Superstar Contributor

Jenya wrote:
Yes, he does...

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=13736&start=0

...the thread that started it all.

i read the first page thoroughly, because i wanted to make sure. he has 2 posts there neither of which are attacking or provoking you. while his opinions are very strong and harshly worded, i didn't see any kind of provocation.

your reply to his second post on the other hand. i'm afraid through my eyes it seems you cast the first stone Jenya. unless of course you got the wrong thread??

theres a difference between provoking someone and expressing their opinions. if his words annoyed you then it's your fault.

“Choice is an illusion. Do I do this – do I do that – all of this is confusion. I can only choose when I’m confused. When I know clearly, there is no choice.”

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next