It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:07 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Having Ads on the Forum is So Wrong!
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 4:23 am 
Superstar Contributor

Quote:
shut the %$#@ up and ignore the ads.

needless to say I won't engage in this kind of language crap...I've got a tongue and a brain and I can talk this out without using foul language.

I think she really missed the point...but anyhow I did say: I do know of a site that won't cost you a cent...and you don't even have to change looks.

but the real point was saving lives by spreading information...all while not looking like your in it for the money or using the site as a circus of believers with someone selling tickets at the front door...our mission here...at least mine is to... inform myself on how to survive and spread all my knowledge to everyone who will listen in order have them also survive the next several years ?

here's the forum hosting site and it's free...notice the similarities?...it kinda looks like the 2012connect.ning.com site you recently started. http://www.lefora.com/

Last edited by connecting dots on Tue May 20, 2008 6:36 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:10 am 
Superstar Contributor

AnotherGeneric wrote:
Georgia Ann wrote:
IMHO UNLESS you are sending him money to keep the site up shut the %$#@ up and ignore the ads.

Georgia just went there!

na ahh... No she didnt... haha
" snapping fingers" lol

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:02 am 
Site Admin

FYI, Lefora is free, but supported by ads - see the bottom of their example page:
http://funstuff.lefora.com/headlines/

As 2012 approaches, the ads will become more and more relevant, and even now are quite useful. They'll be relevant, or they'll go.

Members can very easily, as detailed above, change the theme to one precisely the same as the default without ads.
But visitors who click on ads will be contributing to the cause.

My cause: bunkers for everyone who wants to be in one come 2012, and designing methods for preserving our culture, knowledge and history.

Budget: $500 million

Possibility of achieving it - about the same odds as the world ending in 2012

I'd hate to be one bunker short because I didn't put ads on the forum ;)

BTW, I have no need for the ad money myself, but you'll have to trust me on that - I won't be publishing my tax return online!

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:07 am 
Superstar Contributor

The ads are ridiculously easy to ignore unlike some sites that have annoying crap blaring in your way. Plus once in a while I see one interesting and click it. I guess I must be gullible!

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 5:05 pm 
Superstar Contributor

Rob wrote:
FYI, Lefora is free, but supported by ads - see the bottom of their example page:
My cause: bunkers for everyone who wants to be in one come 2012, and designing methods for preserving our culture, knowledge and history.

Budget: $500 million

Possibility of achieving it - about the same odds as the world ending in 2012

I'd hate to be one bunker short because I didn't put ads on the forum ;)

Wow...I was unaware you took this serious...I'm off to work..I'll have to finish my thoughts later...thanks for the reply with explanation!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:08 am 
Site Admin

Since moving to the new server, the Google ads have disappeared. At this stage I'll only bring them back when I get someone to redesign the site. But I might change my mind...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:13 am 
Superstar Contributor

Keep 'em up there if you want Rob. Haven't heard too much complaints about it and/or people find them rather useful.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:31 pm 
Superstar Contributor

instead of Google ads...how about ads for preperedness sites or supplies? just a thought.

do you really feel you'll be able to make $500 milllion in the little time left before 2011?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:45 pm 
Superstar Contributor

I have no problem ignoring ads, and I was among those who suggested contributions to upgrade the server. ROB, bless his heart, refused the contributions, and stated that the ads pay for the service. As an artist of wordplay, debate, sarcasm, humor, and various other forms of personal expression, I appreciate this outlet of my frustration with the common sense of the populace.

"The problem with common sense: It's not that common."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:22 am 
Superstar Contributor

alphafour wrote:
an artist of wordplay, debate, sarcasm, humor, and various other forms of personal expression, I appreciate this outlet of my frustration with the common sense of the populace.

"The problem with common sense: It's not that common."

So what are you saying now artist? I don't have common sense? :shock:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2