It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:20 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Is the world really going to end?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:24 am 
Site Admin

There is no scientific evidence that anything will happen on Dec 21, 2012. All that we know is that is when the Mayan calendar ends.

There are wide-ranging opinions about what will occur, from nothing, to an evolution of consciousness, to disasters, to Biblical rapture.

The best advice I can personally give is "prepare for the worst, hope for the best, and enjoy life".

If you are seriously distraught about the negative possibilities - seek professional help.

Post subject: Re: Is the world really going to end?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:01 pm 
2012 Elder & Moderator

Rob wrote:
If you are seriously distraught about the negative possibilities - seek professional help.

This site must be really really booming in activity....Rob's posting disclaimers! :lol:

Of course nothing will happen....what are the chances that our entire way of life will change? 1%? 5%?

I am looking forward to the next disaster in America...(the next Katrina)...this will show how little our government learned from Katrina / 9-11, and show how impossible it is for them to change.
Can they actually DO something prior to a disaster? No way!
They can only react, not act.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:44 pm 
Site Admin

Discussion continues in the Religion section:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1690

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:51 pm 
2012 Elder & Retired Moderator

There is a good BBC documentary called 'The Root of All Evil".
I would recommend it. You can download it from U-Tube.

The world won't end.....it may go through hardship but nature has a built in recovery system......it will survive.....many of us may not survive though.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:28 am 
2012 Forum Newbie

I im sorry to say but I tell no lie if you vist the web-site and can translate this site this just the basic togo more into deatale you will understand the treuht?????
suz wrote:
There is a good BBC documentary called 'The Root of All Evil".
I would recommend it. You can download it from U-Tube.

The world won't end.....it may go through hardship but nature has a built in recovery system......it will survive.....many of us may not survive though.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:04 pm 
2012 Elder

Quote:
All that we know is that is when the Mayan calendar ends.

Hi Rob,

Just wanted to say that we don't really know this either, since the Mayan calendar is a 3-dimensional, multi-phasic utility, is composed of more than one calendar, and there are conflicting 'professional' determinances on the 'start' of the long count in relation to the Gregorian calendar. As well, all Mayan sub-calendars cycle, just as does our Gregorian monthly calendar. Indeed, the long count doesn't 'cycle' again for at least another billion years (the shorthand version of it cycles on or about 4772 A.D.).

Nice forum, thanks for the invite.

Last edited by White Warlock on Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:12 pm 
Superstar Contributor

[quote="Rob"]There is no scientific evidence that anything will happen on Dec 21, 2012. All that we know is that is when the Mayan calendar ends.

There are wide-ranging opinions about what will occur, from nothing, to an evolution of consciousness, to disasters, to Biblical rapture.

The best advice I can personally give is "prepare for the worst, hope for the best, and enjoy life".

Bottom line: Astrophics has "confirmed" an alignment scheduled with Mayan mathematics. AND, the NWO "is confirming", via Presidential election 2008, and the coming stock market crash, a demise of a nature to allow Russia and China to become the "dividers up" of a coming new world economy... so $$$ vs Science is the showdown, and certainly we need to prepare for hard times or...........???

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:42 pm 
Superstar Contributor

How often has a major event occurred on this planet when it was expected? I can't recall any at this moment. As far as I can remember, all major calamities happen unexpectedly. This includes both natural and man-made disasters. Earthquakes, tsunamies, tornadoes, hurricanes, terrorism, the decline of empires, economic depressions, world wars, etc. It seems that when we expect something to happen it never actually materializes such as WWIII, Y2K, bird flu, mad cow disease, and so on.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:53 pm 
Site Admin

This might be our one chance to have advance warning of a catastrophe...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:42 pm 
Very 2012esque

agnosticAlien wrote:
How often has a major event occurred on this planet when it was expected? I can't recall any at this moment. As far as I can remember, all major calamities happen unexpectedly. This includes both natural and man-made disasters. Earthquakes, tsunamies, tornadoes, hurricanes, terrorism, the decline of empires, economic depressions, world wars, etc. It seems that when we expect something to happen it never actually materializes such as WWIII, Y2K, bird flu, mad cow disease, and so on.

Y2K was thwarted. Bird flu is still a threat, Plenty of animals and people have died. It can still be spread accross the globe. Mad cow disease is still a problem in some areas, but precautions taken have made it less of a threat.

These things are thwarted because of predictions. FEAR is a very motivational :|

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:41 am 
2012 Forum Newbie

I have to agree with you Rob. Can't do much to stop the end of the world so why worry about it. I don't think most people believe the world will end just change. Change of an age I guess. But now there is that just maybe. Maybe this Planet X is real, and if it is then that would explain why the earth has had these pole shifts. Now if a shift occurs then this MAY cause the earth to plummet towards the Sun thus causing the end of the world. But who the hell wants to worry about that anyway, certainly not I.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:51 am 
Superstar Contributor

suzyq07033 wrote:
Y2K was thwarted. Bird flu is still a threat, Plenty of animals and people have died. It can still be spread accross the globe. Mad cow disease is still a problem in some areas, but precautions taken have made it less of a threat.

These things are thwarted because of predictions. FEAR is a very motivational :|

These problems were avoided simply because of preparation and/or monitoring, and not because of predictions. A problem was realized and it was dealt with either scientifically or technologically.

Y2K only needed the most basic of preparation in order to avoid a serious problem. With bird flu, although some people died and millions of birds were destroyed it never severely affected the planet. The likelihood of the bird flu ever becoming a pandemic, as long as the disease control centers are on top of it, is extremely unlikely. The one time bird flu was a castrophe was when it was not expected. And if it happens in the future it will be because we were unprepared and it was not expected. And that is my point. If we expect it to happen, mentally and physically prepare for it, then it never seems to become a castrophe. Same goes with mad cow disease. Farm animals are now closely monitored so the chance of that disease ever becoming a major problem is extremely unlikely.

But the point of my earlier post was merely to emphasize that expected disasters never seem to be occur.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:56 am 
2012 Elder

Quote:
But the point of my earlier post was merely to emphasize that expected disasters never seem to be occur.

Oh i don't know about that. I expected my first date to be a disaster, and it was. :P

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:52 pm 
Superstar Contributor

White Warlock wrote:
Oh i don't know about that. I expected my first date to be a disaster, and it was. :P

:lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:44 am 
2012 Forum Newbie

I just want to be sure I'm at the right forum and I won't be an annoyance or something. :oops:
There are so many threads here that I can't seem to see if we're even close to being on the same page.
First, I don't believe in the rapture and secondly, I do believe that we're nearing the end of times.
I believe in the 2nd coming of Christ and therefore no preparation other than a spiritual one is essential to me.
Now, it's a different story if a cataclysmic event like Yellowstone's Super Volcano erupts and I manage to survive that...... :shock: Then I guess I need to prepare as my little area of the USA will be covered in ash and no sunlight!
What is it that people are saying here that you're preparing for in 2012?
My feeling is that the end may be close from a biblical perspective.
Should I even belong to this forum or are my views too far out there and ergo I should seek another forum?
I haven't been able to find one and some on armagedden (sp?) get a tad goofier than I am! :mrgreen:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next