It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:28 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: We saw a star disappearing a few weeks ago (weird) + picture
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:14 am 
Valued 2012er

I wasn't sure where to post this, but this seemed like the most appropriate forum. Even though I'm not claiming it was a flying saucer we saw lol In fact, I have no idea what it was, so I'd like to see what you guys think.

I just remembered something random my boyfriend and I saw on August 14th 2010. We were sitting outside, looking at the stars (not one cloud in sight), when we noticed a really bright one. I thought it was the north star, but I really don't know jack about stars lol Anyway, all of a sudden it just ... went out. Completely disappeared as if the light had been switched off. We were like WTF?! :shock:

It definitely wasn't a plane because we had been staring at it for more than a minute, discussing how bright it was and stuff, and it was not moving or flickering at all. And like I said, there were no clouds at all.

The end of August is generally the best time for meteor showers, so I don't know if this may have had something to do with it? It wasn't a shooting star though. I'm just curious if anyone here would be able to explain what we saw lol

I was taking random pictures of an old tree before we looked at the sky. I just went through all my pictures, and the "star" (or whatever it was) accidentally made it in one picture! yay The last 3 are cropped so you can see better.

And here's the photo cropped at it's original size (not zoomed in):

Someone suggested that it may have been a satellite. But I've never seen one before, so I have no idea what it's supposed to look like. Does that look like it could be it? Like I said, it wasn't moving at all, and not flickering either. It was just there in the sky for well over a minute, and then *poof* it was gone.

Post subject: Re: We saw a star disappearing a few weeks ago (weird) + pic
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:18 am 
Superstar Contributor

If it wasn't moving then it wasn't a satellite.

Maybe what you saw was the end of a star going supernova?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:42 am 
Superstar Contributor

Involve me - I'll understand"
- Chinese Proverb

Last edited by ojibway on Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:47 pm 
Very 2012esque

Amy, Alot of people are reporting a bright star? planet? or object in the western skies in the early evenings right before sun set and a little after? i my self have seen this bright whatever through a small cheapie scope and i have seen Jupiter, Venus, and other planets through this scope? this is not any of the mentioned? and it is getting brighter every night? it changes color and dims and glows but is always bright. Looking at it through my scope? its nothing i have ever seen before, so you are not alone. Im not jumping on the Nibiru wagon either because i dont think that was this is either and honestly i havent a clue either? whatever it is? others dont have a clue? I have never really trusted youtube either for important info, but people around the world are getting great video of this bright object and some speculate objects? that could be anything from nibiru, to huge motherships or a comet headed in our direction? all i know is every night i find myself looking for it as a routine now and it is always there. AHHH yes Amy i remember the nights looking at the skies with my now wife of 15 years and never had anything other than the moon to say, wow!! thats bright? i say keep looking up and enjoy what you are seeing as i do. Take care Amy.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:33 pm 
Superstar Contributor

Weather baloon.

Lol not really. Did u try ans search online for that date and the event that u witnessed? Somebody else could have saw it too...

It looks way too big for a star, plus it wouldn't just cut the lights off instantly.

After TSHTF: find me on top of Kings Mountain, NC

YKN

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:49 pm 
Valued 2012er

I have seen the same bright "star" in the west and one minute it is really bright and all the sudden it will dim and then disappear. I have seen it several evenings in late August.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:04 am 
Superstar Contributor

I think I know........

Your location will be the next location for marantha's "unexplained earth events"

jyio frtyure dirtew......dswqrt!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:44 am 
Very 2012esque

Is it not said in the prophecies that at the end of times as we know them the stars would disappear, the sun would darken and the moon would turn blood red?

In fact, many stars are disappearing already, now NASA has started to announce that their is a black hole in the Milky Way.... In fact, they see it and know about it but say nothing to the public. With an ordinary telescope this phenomenon is visible every day.

Remember: Zhen-Shan-Ren(Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance) is good, Falun Dafa is good.

PS: Watch out for reports about stars disappearing now. They will come with more and more reports during the next 24 months....

http://topnews.us/content/228806-milky- ... e-eruption

http://sify.com/news/astronomers-find-n ... dhbah.html

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:58 pm 
Superstar Contributor

Maybe it's the International space station..?

I live in Africa...under a blanket of stars 'cause there's no light reflection out here...and I know most of the constellations in the southern hemisphere.

I've also seen many inexplicable objects....a stationary light(star?) that suddenly moves off incredibly fast,a number of lights moving in formation.and a star 'falling' in broad daylight.

Whatever these things are I feel we will know when the time is right,when we are meant to.

I don't see them as a threat at all.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:54 am 
Superstar Contributor

I seen a star appear the other night. There was no second guessing this either, I was looking at some other stars and then all the sudden one just appear right in my focus.

Could just be the light from a real star reaching our planet for the first time though.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]