It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:05 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
 Post subject: Re: Stop the masacre.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:43 pm 
Superstar Contributor

Ilsarian wrote:
lol in west canada cows are eating meat. because meat is richer in protein so the cow will get bigger faster.
Mass production turn a grass eating animal into a flesh eating beast lol.

What... ?

The cycle repeats... have these people not heard of 'Mad Cow disease'... ??? This was created by grinding up the British sheep (mutton) surplus and feeding it to cows... (herbivores)

When Europeans first discovered the cannibalistic cultures of the South Pacific, they encountered a mental disorder they described as 'Maori sickness', which was eventually diagnosed as a schizophrenic condition caused by cannibalism, and exacerbated by alcohol consumption.

This condition is almost identical to 'Mad Cow Disease'...

Personally I stopped eating mammals in 1975, as I found it too similar to cannibalism. I tried veganism for a while, but went back to eating fish... and occasionally poultry, mainly for convenience sake.

I have no problem with eating fish, as I see it as part of a natural food chain. Fish lay millions of eggs, knowing that only a small number will even reach breeding maturity. Meanwhile they feed larger species... who feed larger species... ETC.

"Meat is richer in protein" you say... ? and where did the meat get it's protein... ? from eating plants... !!!

The animals you slaughter for food are the 'middle-men' in the food chain. They eat grass to gain the protein that is passed on to you when you eat them. This requires vast acreages of grazing land. You can grow 10 times the quantity of vegetarian food per acre than you can meat products... Meat eating is just not sustainable.

As it is we could put 90% of the grazing land back into oxygen producing trees and feed the whole planet on good vegetarian food. However as the Earth's population doubles every 50 years, it will eventually not be sustainable.

We do not have 'carnivorous' teeth... they were intended for tearing into larger fruits and nuts etc.

Modern farming is totally chemically saturated... !!!

Herbicides on the paddocks... Artificial force-grow chemicals on the pasture... pesticides on and in the animals... antibiotics and hormones to stimulate growth... preservatives on the meat... YUK... I'm surprised the human race is still going...

Oh... but wait... it is almost over... !!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:53 pm 
2012 Apologist

Dont know of Maori Disease, however the medical condition that is transmitted thru the consumption of human fleash is Kuru's disease that was observed in the Fore tribe of Papua New Guinea. It is the only transmissible human prion disease and has a gestation period of 18 to 20 months, one of the longest of any disease. It is possible related to the Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease which can occur spontaneously and can be passed on thru the ingestion of bio-material (specifically the brain).

While there are rumors and fear mongering among the internet blogosphere, there has yet to be an official documented case of mad cow disease migrating to humans thru the ingestion of infected cow bio-material. Given that, governments of the world still quickly destroy whole herds that have come in contact with the disease.

Meat is Murder!!!
tasty tasty delicious murder....

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:43 am 
Very 2012esque

You folks are killing me with this thread.

I finally break down and buy a gorgeous pack of steaks today and find this on the active topic list.
After reading I have decided to not indulge in meat that has potentially been mistreated or chemically treated.

I will be eating the $30 worth of steaks already purchased though. The plan for tomorrow is buy a pig and a cow and raise them in a natural as possible environment with plenty of room to roam and live happy as can be until the time comes to put them in the freezer. I think I will name them Porkchop and T-bone.

I do feel that a person or company that mistreats animals should be prosecuted and the punishment should fit the crime. I think that a large percentage of serial killers start out with torturing animals before they progress to the killing of humans. What does that say for a company that has inhumane practices?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:54 am 
Superstar Contributor

i only read the first and 14 th page of this thread.
KK i appreciate your post here. right on about the teeth too. xslayer you heard of krutzfeld jaacob's disease? i may have misspelled, its been a while. amazing how you religious folk are all high and into peace and love...cept when it comes to animals. i'm not picking on you, merely pointing out the incongruity, and the lack of looking beyond the mainstream message of "thou shalt not kill" as meaning thou shalt not kill. period. not just humans. you have to extrapolate the massage you've all interpolated as meaning it's just humans. it means when you kill, you violate god's law. make yourselves gods. not to mention the cruelty and disregard for removing beasts from their packs, like they don't feel.
wayne, you or pets etc may as well eat the steaks. shame though that these beautiful steaks can no longer be seen in the glory of their original form. that to me is beautiful. when ppl learn to eat what has died, as we all will, instead of being the messenger of death, this world will be so much lovelier.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:48 pm 
Superstar Contributor

lisofby wrote:
i only read the first and 14 th page of this thread.
KK i appreciate your post here. right on about the teeth too. xslayer you heard of krutzfeld jaacob's disease? i may have misspelled, its been a while. amazing how you religious folk are all high and into peace and love...cept when it comes to animals. i'm not picking on you, merely pointing out the incongruity, and the lack of looking beyond the mainstream message of "thou shalt not kill" as meaning thou shalt not kill. period. not just humans. you have to extrapolate the massage you've all interpolated as meaning it's just humans. it means when you kill, you violate god's law. make yourselves gods. not to mention the cruelty and disregard for removing beasts from their packs, like they don't feel.
wayne, you or pets etc may as well eat the steaks. shame though that these beautiful steaks can no longer be seen in the glory of their original form. that to me is beautiful. when ppl learn to eat what has died, as we all will, instead of being the messenger of death, this world will be so much lovelier.

You should never eat what was dead when you found it. That brings disease and death. Only eat that which was killed, by your own hands is preferable.

To eat is to kill, be it plant or animal. There is no moral issue. One kills or one dies. It's your choice.

As for 'god's law'? Have you even read the bible. I piss on it and everything it stands for.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:17 am 
2012 Forum Newbie

The way animals are "farmed" and slaughtered by man is an unnatural process. "Survival of the fittest" Cannot apply to man over animal. We are gifted with a very unique body and mind that grants us great power over our surroundings. It is the gift that is misused. WE are not part of nature as an animal or plant is. I think it will take a great deal of time before mankind ( or some of it) reasons that we do not need to control or manipulate other life forms to understand them.

Why inflicting pain or controlling another life forms path during it's life doesn't bother some people is beyond me.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:00 am 
Superstar Contributor

VIPER wrote:
I like meat, that's why god gave me K9 teeth, I dont agree on testing cosmetics on animals but some medicines are better tested on rats than
on humans, but its very sad to see monkeys suffering that way also but thanks to that monkey many lives have been saved.
Even though its a fact that eating too much meat causes cancer, a nice juicy steak now and again doesn't do any harm.

All the best
Ronald Mcdonald

So any means to an end, a life cannot be saved but only prolonged. How about someone torturing you to save a 1/2 million lives. Fowl and fish give them selves willingly for our need of protein and we depend on them for life so why mistreat them? All living things have consciousness. The original meaning of saying grace before meals was not to thank God for the food but to give thanks to the food itself for it to become a part of us. To carry its consciousness on through our bodies. For what we eat we are. My 2 cents.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:01 am 
Superstar Contributor

VIPER wrote:
I like meat, that's why god gave me K9 teeth, I dont agree on testing cosmetics on animals but some medicines are better tested on rats than
on humans, but its very sad to see monkeys suffering that way also but thanks to that monkey many lives have been saved.
Even though its a fact that eating too much meat causes cancer, a nice juicy steak now and again doesn't do any harm.

All the best
Ronald Mcdonald

So any means to an end, a life cannot be saved but only prolonged. How about someone torturing you to save a 1/2 million lives. Fowl and fish give them selves willingly for our need of protein and we depend on them for life so why mistreat them? All living things have consciousness. The original meaning of saying grace before meals was not to thank God for the food but to give thanks to the food itself for it to become a part of us. To carry its consciousness on through our bodies. For what we eat we are. My 2 cents.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:13 am 
Superstar Contributor

Patrick D. wrote:
[
So any means to an end, a life cannot be saved but only prolonged. How about someone torturing you to save a 1/2 million lives. Fowl and fish give them selves willingly for our need of protein and we depend on them for life so why mistreat them?

I take it you don't farm, hunt or fish, then? If you did you certainly wouldn't believe that anything gets eaten 'willingly'. Nothing wants to be eaten. Everything wants to live. Nonetheless, for a life to continue other lives must end. Such is the way of the world.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14