It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:39 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Stop the masacre.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:43 pm 
Superstar Contributor

Location: Hell on Earth (On the wrong side of the Red River... the north side)
pixie11 wrote:
great it is good to know we understand each other, now i'm going to eat some torchered farm raised tilapia with a sprinkle of butter and spinach.

LMAO :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:45 pm 
Superstar Contributor

part of my family owns a farm & we arent mean to the animals... :cry: (ok, maybe the pigs and chickens, since we chase them around till they cant stand us, :lol: )

http://www.2012thestream.com/

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:42 am 
2012 Elder

0). I'm going to have to admit that I wouldn't be able to part ways with meat; in no different way, I would not be able to part ways with fruits and vegetables.

1). This may seem off topic, but I'm making a reply to Suz's post about using synthetic meats.
I'm allergic to shellfish, so I can't eat clams, shrimp, crabs, shrimp, and etc. I can't even eat synthetic crab. I've tried it once, and I had an allergic reaction to the shock of my entire family during Thanksgiving Dinner before my grandparents on my mom's side died. Needless to say, we were astonished that synthetic crab had given me an allergic reaction. After taking some anti-allergy medicine, "benedryl", I looked at the incredients. "8% crab" was sufficient enough to trigger an allerigic reaction, so I'm going to make a presumption based on this experience. Even synthetic meat would have a small amount of the meat mixed in.
If this presumption is correct, synthetic meat would still hold amounts of the actual food source; the source would still be equally dead.

2). Regarding http://www.farmsanctuary.org/about/position/
"Farm Sanctuary has never and will never support so-called "humane" meat. We maintain that the words "humane" and "slaughter" are mutually exclusive."
"When our goals coalesce, we are committed to working with other NGOs, including those that do not necessarily share Farm Sanctuary's sense of the centrality of the vegan life to animal protection. Farm Sanctuary believes the critical nexus for the animal protection movement is the dismantling of factory farming",

The two quotes above from Farm Sanctuary position statement seems to contradict of approving of my eating humane meat when their own statement clearly separates both the method of how the food is "harvested" and ends up on my plate for consumption.

I feel compelled to respond to this for several reasons.
A). I am a firm believer that pills created to provide protein/fiber/etc won't be capable to produce in a mass cataclysm, so I shouldn't allow myself to depend on them to anywhere near the extent I must demand on medical needs. Especially, when these can be attained much more naturally. Note, our nomadic ancesters hunting these animals with spears, and it's highly unlikely they made clean kills (instant death blows) all the time if at all.
B). As brutal as people can be to their food or as others have put it disrespectful, it would be much worse if people simply carved out their desired piece of food without killing the animal first. Although I do find the beatings cruel, it begs a question from me: 1). When I was physically abused, I had been beaten to the point I was numb; would this also hold true to pigs and such as well?
C). In terms of law/state of nature, I can't say that outside Walt Disney/Pixar Pictures have I ever seen a pride of lions, wolves, or any other predator befriend their prey. I understand cats and dogs. 1). Dogs help track food sources. 2). If you know how to raise a cat, they will bring you a kill, and they will keep mice and other vermin from your crops and dwelling. (Think of it as the cat is offering the alpha their prized kill if you're not percieved as the alpha they won't give you a thing but keeping vermin at bay). Putting it another way, would you eat a friend or would you eat a food source? I honestly can't see myself eating a friend even if it meant surviving and they're already dead...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:47 am 
Brand New Here

Ahh. Ive been a vegetarian for almost a year and a half now ^-^.
But yeah. I have no idea how 2012 is going to work for others.
All the meat sources are going to be wiped out :/
unless they want to eat eachother of course :).

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:12 am 
2012 Elder

Addy wrote:

bullspit if all the meat is gone then everything is gone pal everything.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:48 pm 
Valued 2012er

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.” - Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:25 am 
2012 Elder

pixie11 wrote:
Addy wrote:

bullspit if all the meat is gone then everything is gone pal everything.

If synthetic foods are all like synthetic crab, there is still at least 8% of the actual creature in the ingredients. As I stated earlier, I learned the hardway through a allerigic reaction.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:40 am 
2012 Elder & Moderator

sad :(

Quote:
http://www.stuff.co.nz/waikato-times/news/world-news/3172019/Carnage-at-animal-delivery-office
Carnage at Animal Delivery Office

A raid on an exotic animal delivery company in Texas found starving snakes, hundreds of reptiles packed in shipping crates and rodents that had killed and eaten each other.

Dozens of people with the city of Arlington and animal welfare groups this week took inventory of the animals - estimated at 20,000 - and removed them from the US Global Exotics during the raid.

The Arlington-based company, which advertises that it delivers exotic animals worldwide, did not respond to a telephone message seeking comment and it's website was down on Wednesday.

"Sometimes animals die, but the amount of animals dead far exceeded what you would normally see at any company like this," said Jay Sabatucci, manager of animal services with the city of Arlington.

"Animals were not fed, not fed properly, overcrowded and attacking each other. Some were in an environment not proper for them, such as snakes in a 72-degree room with a lamp over them, which is not enough heat and could cause them to die."

The company's warehouse held mostly reptiles and rodents and also spiders, sloths and hedgehogs, but it was unclear how many were dead, said Maura Davies, a spokeswoman with the SPCA of Texas.

Veterinarians treated the most severely malnourished animals, she said.

Hundreds of rodents were crammed in small containers covered with wire, and many had killed and eaten each other, Davies said.

Other animals were kept in feeding troughs, and there were numerous stacked shipping containers still holding turtles and other reptiles that had been sent to the company, Davies said. About 200 iguanas were in one small room, she said.

A hearing will be held within 10 days to determine if the animals will be returned to the company or stay in the care of the animal welfare groups, Sabatucci said. The city is considering filing criminal charges against the owner, he said.

The city was tipped off recently by federal officials who had executed a warrant for another violation and reported concerns about the animals' conditions, Sabatucci said.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:11 pm 
2012 Elder & Moderator

Quote:
http://www.harnesslink.com/www/Article.cgi?ID=77438
Slaughter conspiracy - Pure propaganda

"Pure propaganda" was Bureau of Land Management (BLM) spokesperson Tom Gorey's reaction in a recent AP interview when asked about the growing accusations that his agency is in the process of virtually exterminating the very herds of wild horses and burros that it is supposed to protect.

However, Gorey's denial of the BLM's intentions rings false in the light of recently uncovered documents from the BLM itself and of its own published plans and estimates. It is not possible to interpret these in any way other than a plan to virtually eradicate the wild herds.

Two internal-use BLM reports were obtained earlier this year through the Freedom of Information Act; Alternative Management Options Plans from October 2008 and the Team Conference Calls Report from July - September 2008. In these documents, BLM members presented, analyzed and discussed several management plans aimed at reducing the population of the wild horses on the range as well as those in holding facilities.

Proposals for reducing the populations included adjusting herd sex ratios with some of the horses returned being gelded, and an increased use of the contraceptive PZP, the use of other unauthorized fertility drugs called Gonacon and SpayVac and even surgical sterilization of mares (a process that has resulted in 10% mortality).

Also found in the Team Conference Calls report were these notes submitted by Don Glenn:

"Sally had an e-mail from a person in Canada who wants 10,000 horses that he would slaughter the horses and send them to a third world country. Don is going to send the email. Jim said he has a demand for horses going to Denmark, but they are having a problem getting titled horses."

Adding further to the plan for sending wild horses to foreign countries, the following recommendations were submitted to BLM from BLM's advisory board members at the June 15th, 2009, Advisory Board Meeting held in Sacramento, Ca:

"that BLM advertise and market sale eligible animals (with the intent clause) in foreign countries with known good homes by offering "select sales" for sale eligible animals 11 years of age and over, and for younger animals that have been offered for adoption three times during a 90 day period and that BLM continue to explore opportunities to foster foreign aid by providing sale eligible animals (with the intent clause) to foreign countries for agricultural (nonfood) use."

The BLM's response to these recommendations was that it is considering these plans as part of a 5 year strategy plan.

Clearly, the BLM has already been corresponding with foreign countries to market the wild horses with the intent to send the horses to slaughter. The board recommendation that the sales include the "intent clause" was clearly a fig leaf. The BLM is well aware that it would be impossible to enforce the intent clause in foreign countries.

But if that were not an obvious enough fig leaf, then the reference to "countries with known good homes" is a laughable one. It comes as no surprise that the notes from Don Glenn, who is also a member of the advisory board, were not mentioned at the advisory board meeting.

While Tom Gorey may continue to claim that it's pure propaganda that the BLM is in the process of eliminating the wild horses, the notes regarding the slaughter of our wild horses in foreign countries, combined with the advisory board recommendation to sell the horses to foreign countries proves otherwise.

The BLM's plan is now clear. They will first ignore the 1971 Wild Free Roaming Horse and Burro Act and gather virtually all the wild herds, working year-round until only a few small, sterile bands remain free. If delayed in one place, they will simply shift their schedule and gather at another as they did with Buckhorn when Calico was delayed.

The cost of feeding these captured horses, along with the 37,000 already in holding, will then precipitate an enormous financial crisis. This will leave the BLM with no option but to euthanize or ship to slaughter most of the horses in holding.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:38 am 
Very 2012esque

i dont eat meat. dont even know what it tastes like. but i eat eggs. is there a major diff?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:30 pm 
Very 2012esque

I eat meat, a lot of it! More than once a day, every day. I prefer dark meat over white meat. White meat is just way too dry and tasteless for my taste. The white meat I like is the catfish and carp, those are never dry.
I don't like when animals are killed for waste. It does not matter what kind of animal.
Probably some will find it inhumane the way we kill pigs. But that's just the way it goes where I was born and raised.
So, this is how it goes: Early morning, usually like 4am three of us jumps on a 400 pounder pig, armed with a piece of rope and an 8 inch blade knife. We yank the pig out to the opening and wrestle it down. Stab the pig in the throat and cut both of the artery to bleed it out. Some may find it quiet horrible way to kill an animal, but I think it's a pretty fair fight. A 400 pound pig, packs a lot of power. It can bit your hand or feet off, or anything else it gets into it's mouth. For a 600 pound pig, you will need a foot long knife, but it's a same procedure. Harder to wrestle down, but easier to keep it down, due to it's weight.
Those who like the blood sausage, here is something even tastier. Usually one of the female catches the pig blood into a large bowl, while we are holding the pig down and it's bleeding out. Once, all the blood is in the bowl, add some salt to it, and put it aside to cool off and let the blood clot. My great-grandfather used to drink a big pitcher of fresh warm pig blood, but that's not for my taste. So, once all the blood in the bowl is cooled off and clot, get a large skillet with some lard in it, and saute some onions, add the salted blood to it in like large nuggets. Fry it together till the blood is all cooked up. Freshly ground some black pepper and eat it with bread. This is our breakfast after killing the pig. Beer or wine goes very well with it.
Man, I got really hungry! I go to eat some sausages.
:D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:47 am 
2012 Elder & Leg-Shortener

:shock:
*uurp!*
...ummm. Sounds delicious... :(

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:08 am 
Superstar Contributor

ilsan wrote:
i dont eat meat. dont even know what it tastes like. but i eat eggs. is there a major diff?

Well good for you! Well imagine someone cutting a piece of your flesh, washing and seasoning it and then barbecuing it? Try imagining what that tastes like along with the pain and suffering it must feel to have that piece of flesh cut off from your body. :| If you don't empathize or sympathize with animals then you probably can't relate to what I mean, which would be unfortunate...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:20 am 
2012 Apologist

I'll see yer Hagus blood sausage and raise you a filipino recipe called Dinuguan

You take pork belly meat and cut them into bite size chunks. Add pork liver cut up the same size. Then you take a cup of fresh pig's blood. This is cooked with sauteed garlic, ginger and onions. Add some tangy and sour powders and salt pepper and a bay leaf. Simmer till it has the consistency of melted chocolate. Served with either rice or filipino rice cakes (called puto) Yuuuum. Gawd I am so hungry again! OH I forgot, you add a couple of large chilis but dont break them open unless you want them muy caliente. SARAP!!!

As in the movie Avatar, you should recognize and appreciate the sacrifice of life by your food (both plants and animal) but we as predators do not empathize with the prey. As a matter of fact, no creature other than human beings can actually empathize because humans are the only creatures that recognize emotions as part of their sentience. That either makes us unique or crazy. Other predators dont have a problem eating their food and they certainly wont have any problems eating us if we gave them a chance. Until the time when my food objects to its maltreatment directly, empathizing seems counterproductive to my hunger.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:51 pm 
Superstar Contributor

Location: Hell on Earth (On the wrong side of the Red River... the north side)
pfftt energist,

Everything is tied together. Plants feed plant eaters. The plant eaters must be eaten by meat eaters to keep the population in check so the plants do not get overeaten and the plant eaters go extinct. It is all about balance. People have eliminated many of the meat eaters, because meat eaters are usually in competition. Once we have done that then we have to fill that role previously held by that meat eater in order for some semblance of balance to still happen.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next