It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:44 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: whats wrong with the world today
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:47 pm 
Superstar Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:15 pm 
Superstar Contributor

spirit of Noah wrote:
gypsywitch wrote:
Leg, I think perhaps lawyers are as easy to blame as bankers when people feel the need to start pointing fingers. What it would seem that noobody is considering, is that certain people are to blame, for certain situations. and it is so easy, to sit back on the couch, and rail at the politician on screen, who "dun ya wrong", when we all need to take a strong look at who we each are as individuals, and where we are going collectively. The quicker we can realize that our very existence is what threatens our survival, the sooner we can each try to mimimize the damage we do as a society. The choices we all make, however small, are what guides us into the future phases of our lives..

Well Gypsy that's a nice way to appease the Lawyer......Let's see this guy just admitted to helping further reduce your freedoms on public lands and you are now lumping him in with victims of circumstance. You did point out 3 particular scapegoats that do deserve special consideration......Bankers, Lawyers and Politicians. In the natural order of things these are unnecessary jobs. You being a self-proclaimed witch, student of natural orders of the divine should be able to answer me this one simple question. Where in Nature can you find any of the 3 scapegoats? In what oral traditions and Myth and sacred teachings are any of the 3 scapegoats praised or given to us by the gods or goddesses.

Now this is my humble opinion but the only way these 3 pollutions can exist is by humankind's combined apathy and lack of personal accountability. The Law exists to serve the lawyers and those who control them, Money exists to benefit the bankers and other creators of money, and politicians are necessary tools to make the other 2 systems work. Please someone tell me why any of these are necessary if we all act like we should? You know treat each other with respect, compassion, love, take up the Mantra of do no harm, and simply do what needs to be done. Sorry Legeagle I do not have anything personally against you but I have a huge problem with how ridiculously cumbersome our legal system has become and find the very existence of your chosen profession a hard thing to stomach.

Ok, Noah, having just read all the responses, I believe you made the point I was actually attempting to make. But, For me, I will not blame the banker if I don't have money in my checking account, nor will I blame a lawyer if some idiot decides to sue me for something. I believe in people who fight the good fight, and some lawyers do that, and fight a corrupt legal system for those who cannot fight it alone. But the system itself is shady, corrupt, and a terrible weight and sadness because of one simple thing.. people do not treat other people, other landscapes, other animals with the same love that they treat themselves. Always do the right thing, and there is no need for the system. If you borrow money, pay it back on time. If you harm another, be prepared to be harmed yourself. And Noah, I wasn't taking up for the lawyer per se, I simply think it's outrageous for people to blindly blame others, when each person contributes either by action or non action to the world in which they live.

Quote:
You know treat each other with respect, compassion, love, take up the Mantra of do no harm, and simply do what needs to be done.

This is beautiful. And I would add, do the right thing, whether anyone is watching or not. personal honor, personal integrity.

All of this.. and yet I still have to say, would I kill another human being? You betcha, under the right circumstances. Will I pay for it? you betcha, although maybe not in a court of law. ok, preaching over.. be kind to each other folks.. all we have is each other, and the creatures we share the world with!

I always wanted a happy ending... Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change.. Delicious ambiguity.
Gilda Radner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:26 pm 
Superstar Contributor

So good you had to say it 3 times eh? Yes we are all responsible for either establishing the staus quo or remaining it to stand. The first thing is to figure out where you truly stand. DO YOU have a steadfast set of principles you would give up your life for? Now wait a minute I didn't say die for, I mean truly live for...even if it means not having money, not having safety or the respect of your peers. Nothing will truly change until we can ALL answer yes to this question and those answers are mostly in agreement. Dieing is easy everyone can do it, living is tough, living right is downright dangerous. I wish you all nothing but peace and love but I will snatch up a thorny weed at the expense of my own skin. I would suggest that all of us spend a little bit of time to reflect upon not only what we stand for but to hold a vision of what we want the world to become, and begin cutting out all the pieces of our lives that don't fit within that vision. It is harder to do than to say but I am working towards this at great personal consequence.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:39 pm 
Superstar Contributor

Quote:
So good you had to say it 3 times eh?

Ha Ha! I fixed it! Back in the day, a settler could go and pick out an unused parcel of land, build himself/herself a house out of the materials found on the land, using a little sweat and blood equity, and plant a nice crop that could be used to feed his/her family and probably have enough to feed some other local folks too. Then, greed becomes rampant, items needed were linked to a monetary system, and gold became king.and we have been slaves to it for a millenia. Now, if you want a little parcel of land, you probably have to work at a 9-5 job in order to buy the property, and then work longer so you can pay someone else to fix it up, or start your crops, because you don't have the time, because you are working at the other job.. horrible cycle.

Is there a system that I would give my life for?? I will think about this one, and let you know. My husband was military, so he might still. I'm not so sure that there is, mostly because I believe that nature will do most of the culling when it is time, and I'm not sure if a system is worth my life.. some maybe. But I will actually have to think about that, Noah.

Oh, yeah, I get what you mean.. the first thing that popped into my head was slavery.. but then i realized that people all over the world are still slaves, and i've done nothing about that, so again, i'm going to have to think about it!

I always wanted a happy ending... Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change.. Delicious ambiguity.
Gilda Radner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:01 pm 
Superstar Contributor

gypsywitch wrote:
Quote:
So good you had to say it 3 times eh?

Ha Ha! I fixed it! Back in the day, a settler could go and pick out an unused parcel of land, build himself/herself a house out of the materials found on the land, using a little sweat and blood equity, and plant a nice crop that could be used to feed his/her family and probably have enough to feed some other local folks too. Then, greed becomes rampant, items needed were linked to a monetary system, and gold became king.and we have been slaves to it for a millenia. Now, if you want a little parcel of land, you probably have to work at a 9-5 job in order to buy the property, and then work longer so you can pay someone else to fix it up, or start your crops, because you don't have the time, because you are working at the other job.. horrible cycle.

Is there a system that I would give my life for?? I will think about this one, and let you know. My husband was military, so he might still. I'm not so sure that there is, mostly because I believe that nature will do most of the culling when it is time, and I'm not sure if a system is worth my life.. some maybe. But I will actually have to think about that, Noah.

Oh, yeah, I get what you mean.. the first thing that popped into my head was slavery.. but then i realized that people all over the world are still slaves, and i've done nothing about that, so again, i'm going to have to think about it!

Not a system, systems are designed to solve a problem or provide a benefit. They always favor the creator or designer of the system, I am an anti-system kind of guy. In your first scenario you are doing work that needs to be done because it has to and you are benefiting or suffering because of how well it is completed. This is a natural risk reward scenario, once the monetary system came into being someone could extract more benefit from the same scenario than all those putting in the work without actually doing anything. If this seems wrong it is, the legal system protects the banking system and all of the power and value in both comes from US. We produce the crops, homes, tend the lands, mine the gold, do ALL of it the value of the money that pays the lawyers comes from the very things we are trading to get the money to pay for them at interest. So yes we are propping up a system that was designed to benefit a greedy few at the expense of ALL.

Sorry I was derailed for a second there, I do not think nature can do it alone Gypsy, It will help for sure but only we can finish the job. Unfortunately most of us haven't even started training for the work to come much less started the job. Some of the Elite will survive, it will be our jobs to remember their lies and how the system turned out this time and all the times before. It will be our job to let go of all the meaningless garbage we have mistakenly placed value on. It will be our job to treat each other better, to lend a helping hand to our neighbor to build his home, to share seeds of truth as well as the seeds of a better way of living. SO again figure out what truths you know and whose they are, if you can truly embrace them then share them if not let them go. You cannot make good decisions being of two minds Gypsy. You are really trying to reach someplace different but keep letting yourself get sucked back in by either convenience or tradition. I am guilty of this too, but time is running out and we all need to grow up and make the hard changes now if we want to shape the things to come.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:07 am 
Superstar Contributor

gypsywitch wrote:
Leg, I think perhaps lawyers are as easy to blame as bankers when people feel the need to start pointing fingers.

The only people out in the world who lie more than lawyers are meteorologists :D

"Tesla was the electric Jesus."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:00 am 
Superstar Contributor

School is officially digitalized and forces of evil took over due to sell outs, greed, and corporations.
People unwilling to change because they don't know how to live without the stock market and free food(a.k.a Corporations).
People unwillingly to give up on money.

"There are small things even a microscope cannot see."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:56 pm 
Superstar Contributor

Just had a powerful dream of being the Ace of Spades! 8) :lol:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3