It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:17 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: Food
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:24 am 
Very 2012esque

Has anyone noticed the shelves at the grocery not getting restocked very quickly? :?:

Post subject: Re: Food
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:11 am 
2012 Elder

nope

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:32 am 
Superstar Contributor

Hav'nt noticed that but did you ever notice when Daniel requested to NOT eat the kings meat but rather to eat "pulse" instead? See, pulse is the dried remains from seeds after they have been pressed and all the oil is extracted, leaving just the dried solids. This they would feed to the livestock. This is all the widows and orphans and prisoners could manage on good days. Before the late 1930's we fed it to our widows and orphans. We called it "gruel" back then. So when Tiny Tim was holding out his bowl it was for "pulse", dining in the company of Daniel,Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego... you dig?

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, the seeds that they pressed were HEMP SEEDS.

Ezek.34 [29] And I will raise up for them a plant of renown, and they shall be no more consumed with hunger in the land, neither bear the shame of the heathen any more.

Dan.1
[1] In the third year of the reign of Jehoiakim king of Judah came Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon unto Jerusalem, and besieged it.
[2] And the Lord gave Jehoiakim king of Judah into his hand, with part of the vessels of the house of God: which he carried into the land of Shinar to the house of his god; and he brought the vessels into the treasure house of his god.
[3] And the king spake unto Ashpenaz the master of his eunuchs, that he should bring certain of the children of Israel, and of the king's seed, and of the princes;
[4] Children in whom was no blemish, but well favoured, and skilful in all wisdom, and cunning in knowledge, and understanding science, and such as had ability in them to stand in the king's palace, and whom they might teach the learning and the tongue of the Chaldeans.
[5] And the king appointed them a daily provision of the king's meat, and of the wine which he drank: so nourishing them three years, that at the end thereof they might stand before the king.
[6] Now among these were of the children of Judah, Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah:
[7] Unto whom the prince of the eunuchs gave names: for he gave unto Daniel the name of Belteshazzar; and to Hananiah, of Shadrach; and to Mishael, of Meshach; and to Azariah, of Abed-nego.
[8] But Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself with the portion of the king's meat, nor with the wine which he drank: therefore he requested of the prince of the eunuchs that he might not defile himself.
[9] Now God had brought Daniel into favour and tender love with the prince of the eunuchs.
[10] And the prince of the eunuchs said unto Daniel, I fear my lord the king, who hath appointed your meat and your drink: for why should he see your faces worse liking than the children which are of your sort? then shall ye make me endanger my head to the king.
[11] Then said Daniel to Melzar, whom the prince of the eunuchs had set over Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah,
[12] Prove thy servants, I beseech thee, ten days; and let them give us pulse to eat, and water to drink.
[13] Then let our countenances be looked upon before thee, and the countenance of the children that eat of the portion of the king's meat: and as thou seest, deal with thy servants.
[14] So he consented to them in this matter, and proved them ten days.
[15] And at the end of ten days their countenances appeared fairer and fatter in flesh than all the children which did eat the portion of the king's meat.
[16] Thus Melzar took away the portion of their meat, and the wine that they should drink; and gave them pulse.
[17] As for these four children, God gave them knowledge and skill in all learning and wisdom: and Daniel had understanding in all visions and dreams.
[18] Now at the end of the days that the king had said he should bring them in, then the prince of the eunuchs brought them in before Nebuchadnezzar.
[19] And the king communed with them; and among them all was found none like Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah: therefore stood they before the king.
[20] And in all matters of wisdom and understanding, that the king inquired of them, he found them ten times better than all the magicians and astrologers that were in all his realm.

Last edited by CaptBill on Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:48 am 
2012 Apologist

never ever seen stocks empty in my place except when they are renovating. Notice tho that they are still open while renovating.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:02 am 
Superstar Contributor

Dan.12[1] And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:27 pm 
Very 2012esque

Just bought a Food Dehydrator. Does anybody have some good recipes that they wouldn't mind sharing?? Maybe for soups and Veggies. It came with a book, but not a lot of good ideas.. :D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:23 pm 
2012 Forum Newbie

food that can be stored for upwards to ten years:sweet corn can be dehydrated, it's a sweet treat that also provides many things that keep ones body healthy!
all meat can be dehydrated and kept safe for up to ten years!
all veggies also can be dehydrated, then rehydrated when needed for cumsumption.
as a farmer i rely on canned foods for winter or when money is tight!
:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:24 pm 
2012 Forum Newbie

food that can be stored for upwards to ten years:sweet corn can be dehydrated, it's a sweet treat that also provides many things that keep ones body healthy!
all meat can be dehydrated and kept safe for up to ten years!
all veggies also can be dehydrated, then rehydrated when needed for cumsumption.
as a farmer i rely on canned foods for winter or when money is tight!
:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:00 pm 
2012 Elder & Retired Moderator

I've just purchased my first wheat kernels or some call them berries. Wheat goes rancid very quickly when it's ground because of the oil that is exposed to the air. Store bought flour is full of chemicals to prevent this....hence the reason I wanted to grind my own flour. You can store whole wheat kernels forever.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:25 am 
Superstar Contributor

So SUZ is your grinder hand operated or electric...? If its manually operated where are they available...?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:59 am 
Superstar Contributor

That just means that the inventory manager isn't doing their job.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:24 pm 
Very 2012esque

One thing I have noticed is the rising cost of food. Everything seems to have shot up in price in recent years.

Many people here are really feeling the strain of the faltering economy.

'Man is the gardener of his own soul. The Great Spirit has provided him with all that is necessary for it to grow in wisdom, grace and beauty. The implements are there, he has but to use them wisely and well'

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:36 am 
Superstar Contributor

CaptBill wrote:
Hav'nt noticed that but did you ever notice when Daniel requested to NOT eat the kings meat but rather to eat "pulse" instead? See, pulse is the dried remains from seeds after they have been pressed and all the oil is extracted, leaving just the dried solids. This they would feed to the livestock. This is all the widows and orphans and prisoners could manage on good days.

That's an interesting interpretation of the word 'pulse'

Actually, pulses are legumes... peas, beans, lentils etc...

People thrive far better on a diet of pulses and grains than they do on a diet of red meat. Pulses and grains eaten together create a full protein.

The widows, orphans, and prisoners would obviously have been far healthier than the soldiers who lived on the flesh of their fellow mammals.

As for 'food shortages' in modern times... well that is going to be all about good management of existing resources. I have noticed no shortages here.

As farming space continues to run out with the rapidly growing human population, we will be forced to go back to eating more naturally healthy food... this in itself will heal the demented and distorted mindset of your average human, but it will take time... time that we do not have... hence the need for a major 'catastrophe' to shock us back onto the right track.

Farmer's can produce 10 times the amount of vegetarian food per acre of land, than what they can produce per acre as red meat... it's rather obvious really that in order for the cattle beast to reach maturity it must eat large quantities of grass/hay/grains/herbs/vegetables/fruits/leaves/bark/etc, and convert them into meat.

If you eat that meat you are getting second-hand goodness via the cow. Surely it is obvious that we are better off just growing all the vegetarian produce and eating it ourselves... rather than first feeding it to the cow for a few years so that we can eventually gorge ourselves on it's flesh. (no I am not suggesting that we start crawling about on all fours eating grass... vegetarian people eat a wide ranging diet )

Carnivorous animals are aggressive by nature... they have to be in order to get their next meal... they must be aggressive enough to kill in order to eat. Is it any wonder that mankind has become so aggressive on this extreme meat diet that prevails through most human cultures during this unfortunate age we have reincarnated into.

If we do not experience a population reducing event, then I believe it is inevitable that people will have to accept the return to a natural human diet.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:33 am 
2012 Elder & Moderator

IMO, it's less about food shortages than it is about food logistics. There's plenty of food, it's just not getting to where it's needed.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]