It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:05 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
 Post subject: No we don't 'deserve it'
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:15 am 
Superstar Contributor

An opposing view. It's nature, opposing views create a balance or chaos. Right. No one is getting wiped out. Earth is not going to kill us all, this is purely a subjective (my own) interpretation of events now.

It's a natural process. I am trying very very hard not to look for anything in this, so I am putting an opposing view that we are not being wiped out at all. It's purely nature. Survivable. Not to say there aren't other things but most of them are simply a sychronicity of sorts. Please don't think Earth is going to kill us, because it's not. Now, external things can, yes. We can, yes. We can destroy ourselves, individually or collectively. The point of all this is that we do need to decide which way we want to go. Whilst things cal fall into chaos we can very often overlook the important: overcoming it and carrying on. This is something I have learned personally. But now, everyone is affected by events occuring rapidly, quickly and ... Rippling. Unfortunately, so many out there who either don't want to choose or see anything in events that are undeniably occuring, and some of us take notice of it. Like this forum.

Take something positive from it it you can. It doesn't all have to be negative. Doom. I can go out get hit by a car tomorrow, that is simply an event that leads me to it, I can avoid it if I have some indication somehow beforehand. If I don't go out it won't happen or simply happen later.

We survive. That is my view. It will be hard, obviously and it will hurt like hell. But there is very little you can stop or take from that happening.

Preparation. Accepting that things change is important. I would also possibly suggest not looking too much into older writings about this period, most of them aren't referring to anything Biblical or anything of the sort. They are very often saying the opposite and trying to give hope.

'Yes, events are going to change things, but if you do this you can survive or avoid them'

2012: 101, a video guide to what can happen if we allow it to. Or ignore things. Just a video, but watch if you want to. Don't if not interested.

Post subject: Re: No we don't 'deserve it'
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:36 am 
2012 Elder & Moderator

I agree with you Michel, though my interpretation is slightly different: To wipe us out would also take out 99.9% of life on the planet so I can't see it coming "from" the earth, if that makes sense. As a species, we're just to spread out across the globe to knock out...it'd be like trying to eradicate cockroachs in an apartment only using a flyswat. Not an appealing analogy, but accurate :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:00 am 
Superstar Contributor

I do not believe we will all get wiped out. A new change will occur we will just have to wait and see no point in fearing it. Change is GOOD. Conservatives fear change, go with the flow stop conserving. Your not in control of the universe but you can go with it and be in control of yourself.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:08 am 
Superstar Contributor

if we were to be wiped out, there would be a number of means to do it.
1. earthquakes- correct me if i'm wrong, but these may pose no threat to sea life, bird life, perhaps certain underground species?
2. tidal waves and tsunamis, as above, no threats to those mentioned above.
3. fire/ flood in sequence
4. a virus/ bacterium that only affects central nervous system of humans.

with the above 3, there could be areas uninhabited by humans left in tact, or some sort of strategem that attacks humans in major cities, and then moves through other populations. animals often instinctively run from them, before they come.

i don't believe humans are to be removed from this planet, but, big but, there are too many to be sustainable, and far more importantly are not to be sustained as polluting, raping and disrespecting "guests". time to accept and respect life, all life and face up to yourself. if not face a disaster beyond anything you ever dreamed.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:25 am 
Superstar Contributor

Bunch of fear mongering.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:11 pm 
Michel de Nostredame wrote:
An opposing view. It's nature, opposing views create a balance or chaos. Right. No one is getting wiped out. Earth is not going to kill us all, this is purely a subjective (my own) interpretation of events now. It's a natural process. I am trying very very hard not to look for anything in this, so I am putting an opposing view that we are not being wiped out at all. It's purely nature. Survivable. Not to say there aren't other things but most of them are simply a sychronicity of sorts. Please don't think Earth is going to kill us, because it's not.

I tend to agree that for the most part cataclysm on a planet wide scale is a natural, cyclical process. I can't say I can know whether or not there's a deliberate planet-consciousness attempt to cleanse itself of humans though, for how can I know such a thing without having the ability to connect with such a consciousness, if it exists (which it may very well do).

But to say "Earth is not going to kill us all" is too prophetic for my liking. No one knows what will happen with this planet, whether it has a consciousness or not. I can't swallow such statements anymore than I can swallow statements such as "no one is getting wiped out", something that obviously doesn't apply to the 22 poor people who unfortunately died as a result of floods in Queensland in the past week or so - and there are numerous other examples of nature taking people out around the globe, every second.

When you consider the death toll from nature as it stands right now, major cataclysm isn't an IF it's a matter of degree. The degree is the IF, not the what. By that I mean there are natural tragedies all the time, and it is just a matter of whether or not one will be large enough to impact you, or whether or not one will be in your area and affect you.

It follows, therefore, that one cannot make sweeping statements to people saying not to fear dying at the hands of nature. The intention is good though, so I'm not denouncing that. Rather, I'd suggest the statement should be predicated on the probability of dying in the cataclysmic event in question.

For example, if people are scared of being struck by lightning, well, you can tell them to ease up on their concerns because the chances are said to be a whopping 1 in 280000 (odds that they can probably improve by taking lightning safety precautions). Someone might say, holy cow, 1 in 280,000? I'm doomed. Then you can say, well, your chance of winning an Academy Award is 1 in 11,500 so, you know, do you really think you could win an Academy Award? So forget the lightning strike problem. :D

In context, what are the odds of the world ending in 2012? 1 in 3,000,000,000 is one estimate. So yeah, you've got higher odds of getting struck by lightning....or winning an Academy Award. :D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:01 pm 
Superstar Contributor

Well, I'm not unduly concerned about it. It is, after all, other people who'll be doing the running and screaming and dying, not me.

There will be running and screaming and dying, mind you, but there will be plenty of us left.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:04 pm 
Superstar Contributor

Privateer wrote:
Well, I'm not unduly concerned about it. It is, after all, other people who'll be doing the running and screaming and dying, not me.

There will be running and screaming and dying, mind you, but there will be plenty of us left.

Exactly. Only the ones in fear wont make it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:36 pm 
Valued 2012er

Just imagine a winter like this one with no electricity. Do you really think only the ones with fear won't make it? I don't think many at all would make it without the heat, light and power that electricity provides. Take it away, by whatever means and most of us are doomed.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:34 am 
Superstar Contributor

So how did the human race survive for thousands of years before electricity ?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:10 pm 
Valued 2012er

Very poorly in the winter. We are weak an unaccustom to being exposed to the elements for any long period of time compared to pre-industrial mankind. Even then they hoped and prayed to make it through each winter. Even Henry VIII with his wealth and power feared surviving each winter.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:32 am 
2012 Forum Newbie

If this is a concern for those who wish to survive cold winters without heat or electricity, you can keep the fires burning with paper money, as surely it won't be worth anything. But the burning ink might be toxic - who knows.

We've just become so spoiled since the early days. It's so easy to flip a switch to turn on the heat. Many will perish - that's for sure.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:25 am 
Superstar Contributor

here's a story about a beautiful person, the sort i hope will populate the earth after 2012. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43880728/ns ... ws-europe/
German tourist rescued teens during Norwegian island massacre
'You don't get scared in a situation like that, you just do what it takes'

Britta Pedersen / EPA
Marcel Gleffe sits on Utvika camping ground in front of Utoeya island on July 24. According to news sources, Gleffe, who has a military background, saved up to at least 20 youths from the Utoeya island shooting.
msnbc.com
A German tourist is being hailed as a hero for rescuing at least 20 people from a gunman's rampage on Utoya island in Norway, according to media reports.
Marcel Gleffe, 32, was with his family Friday at a campground across the water from the island when he heard gunshots, Der Spiegel reported. He and his family looked out from the shore, thinking it might be fireworks, but instead they saw a plume of smoke and a girl swimming frantically in the water and screaming.
Story: Doubt cast on Norway gunman's claim of more cells
Gleffe got into the boat he had rented and set off, Der Spiegel said. He was the first person to reach the island where Anders Behring Breivik gunned down dozens of youngsters at a summer camp.

"I just did it on instinct," Gleffe told The Telegraph newspaper.
"You don't get scared in a situation like that, you just do what it takes. I know the difference between fireworks and gunfire. I knew what it was about, and that it wasn't just nonsense."
He said many of the youths were suspicious and shouted, "Are you police, are you police?" Some of them reportedly shouted, "terrorist, terrorist, terrorist," as others tried to explain that the shooter was dressed in a police uniform.
Video: Girl pretended to be dead, survived Norway attack (on this page)
"They were happy to get help, but they were unsure whom they could trust," he told the local Dagbladet newspaper, according to The Telegraph.
"There were people swimming everywhere in the water. I threw them lifejackets and pulled those into the boat who were having the most trouble. Everyone was screaming, but they were also helping each other," he told Der Spiegel.
Other people from Gleffe's campsite also joined him and ferried people back to the mainland with their boats.
"Cooperation with the police and rescue crews afterwards was very good, but it all came too late," he said.
When police arrived, Gleffe stopped to think about himself for the first time, he told The Local.
"I was myself so frozen that I had to first warm myself up. I was turning blue," he said.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:58 am 
2012 Elder & Moderator

i don't believe humans are to be removed from this planet, but, big but, there are too many to be sustainable, and far more importantly are not to be sustained as polluting, raping and disrespecting "guests". time to accept and respect life, all life and face up to yourself. if not face a disaster beyond anything you ever dreamed.[/quote]

see statements like this dont help my new found Liscrush :D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:05 am 
Superstar Contributor

you don't like my quote?
something funny; i read that and thought gee that DD is a great guy (coz that was a while back and i don't recognize half of what i write as mine- and maybe it aint?), then i see your quoting/ comp skills are worse than mine. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
also at one stage i read the bit about not raping and disrespecting guests and i thought he gets it about visitors!!! yay :lol:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]