It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:58 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Witnessed the Biggest Catch 22 Today
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:49 pm 
Superstar Contributor

Ok, I am down in the Hood....as Hood as it gets, Detroit Michigan. I come around the block because the alley was blocked off with garbage and overgrowth, and I also knew there was a pole we had to access from the road anyways, with a pitbull ted up close to it. We had left off there a prior day.

So I start coming up the road with the guy I work with and I get close to the house. This scum bag guy comes out of the house across the street saying it is his mother in laws house. So I tell him what we are doing and he walks over to the yard with us. This bum has no teeth, came at us like we didn't have any business in the area and watches us like we are some kind of criminals. And we are dressed to the hilt in official gear, hard hats, even carrying a large gas powered drill and shovel around.

Anyways, we start going into the yard and I tell my guy to watch out for the Pitbull tied to the fence. But the thing is terrified. She keeps trying to climb behind this tree to hide. She then leaps over the fence and hangs herself. Only her back 2 feet are on the ground and there is no way she is getting back over the fence.

I tell the guy, dude she is hanging herself, if somebody doesn't help her she is going to die. The guy tells me, I don't care she did it to her own dumbass self. Then his wife comes across the street to see what is going on. And she is a hideous looking character and as much of a scum as him.

I tell her, that dog was terrified, it jumped over the fence and if someone doesn't help it it is going to die. She says the same thing...the dumb dog did it to herself. WTF?

1st off...it was terrified because it has been beaten. It was skinny as hell and did not even have any water. It looked like it had had many litters of pups but it didn't even have a house. It jumped over not because of us, but because that cocksucker was coming into the yard with us.

And now onto the Catch 22. This scum of the earth couple is on welfare, no doubt about it. They f'n did it to themselves but at the 1st of the month, they have their stinky hands out. And they believe they are owed that, that they deserve that. Same ignorant arseholes that will have probably just walked away on that dog and let it die.

Tomorrow is my last day down there. I have several power thefts saved up to report after I leave,,,beacuse these people will kill you if you report this kind of stuff as you go. My last trip through this neighborhood will be past that house. If that dog is hanging, I am going to take pictures, and report both houses and all of them scums for being involved.

That may sound sick to some but it is reality. I couldn't even call help for this dog because the locals in this region will hang a nark. Some of these power thefts are still there and I called them in over the winter....the cops were too scared to even shut these crack houses and grow operations down...or they owned a piece of them. LOL

All I can do is all I can do. But someone please reboot Detroit Michigan. It is the epitomy of what is wrong with the world today.

Post subject: Re: Witnessed the Biggest Catch 22 Today
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:54 pm 
Valued 2012er

Give me the address - I'll call it in. :x

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:55 pm 
Valued 2012er

Wow.

That is all I can say, wow.

And I thought I had it bad with my illiterate neighbor who doesn't feed his dogs.

Good for you for doing something about it.

(Cassandra, in Agamemnon by Aeschylus)
[swiped from http://www.dreamscape.com/morgana/saturn.htm ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:02 pm 
Superstar Contributor

That is terrible, poor poor dog. Hope somebody helped her out, although by the sounds of it I bet they didn't. Same in this country, people mainly have dogs of that type (although pitbulls are a banned breed here, but we have A LOT of bull terriers!) for a status symbol, they don't know how or don't want to care for them. They breed puppies for the money, also there is illegal dog fighting that goes on. Gangs even steal dogs (people's normal family pets) to use in dog fighting, it has even been reported that cats have been stolen as bait. Totally disgusting and our animals charities and the police are working very hard to stamp it out, but like anything underground like that it is very hard to put a stop to as it is too lucrative for the people involved.

Many of these dogs end up in rescue, these are the lucky ones. Many end up being PTS because they have been so badly kept they are either past help or too aggresive to retrain and rehome. It is very sad that people can do this to such gorgeous animals. It makes me so angry.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:04 pm 
Superstar Contributor

That sucks man I hate seeing sick animals. I work at a petshop and sometimes customers bring their sick skinny animals in asking for help. Knowing they neglected it.

If you don't value your own life, why would you value an animals?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:26 pm 
Superstar Contributor

Onlygirl wrote:
Give me the address - I'll call it in. :x

I will be calling as I roll home down I-94 tomorrow. This type will leave it hanging and won't even go bury it. It is hanging over the fence into a vacant lot. At least 50% of all houses in this area are gone or burned down. These people do not even mow their lawn or clean up the trash.

Then I will recall in all the crack houses Friday morning and get somebody else aware of them. They haven't done anything since November when I just visually patrolled the area.

But there is no avoiding coming into this area now. This area is so bad that the power company has even neglected it because everyone they send in is a coward. Or smarter than I am. LOL I have gone down every alley and managed to get up to most of the poles. I have condemned about 35% of the entire circuit. They will need an army to rebuild this thing into a modern circuit. Most of this stuff is original equipment from the 1930's. I swear I am the 1st person to actually get to some of these structures in the last 20 years.

I will call them in and go beyond that. I will testify against that couple from across the street. Without me fingering them being aware of it, they would skate while grandma gets busted. I won't let that go down.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:51 pm 
Valued 2012er

This is where it is so easy to loose faith in humanity. Morals and ethics almost don't exist anymore. What the hell is going to have to happen to shake people up and make them realize they are only hurting themselves with this apathetic, monstrous behavior? :x :x :x

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:11 pm 
Superstar Contributor

There are many good ones left. In that area, it is mainly only the older folks that I would consider good. But in other areas, there are many good people, and always, wherever I go, the older the people, the better set their compasses are.

But Detroit is a literal hell hole. It has the highest illiteracy rate in the coutry, the highest unemployment rate and some of the lowest services rates. I don't know if anybody got to catch the Detroit episode of Inspector America...man was he pissed off at the condition of everything. He ven threw my power company under the bus for the recent Detroit Power Line fires. Entire blocks burned down, masses of blocks all at once.

That crap was not the power companies fault. The city closed down the alleys to try and combat crime...they restricted the utility access. The city of Detroit mandated the 4.8 electical circuit as the only one that can be run in the city by law. It was made law because in the early part of the 1900's it was the most reliable.

But as the years went on, it has become the deadliest system in the world. It is a looped based circuit. That means that all power can run to any point in the circuit in any direction. Wires go down, and the power is still on as long as it is still connected somehwere in the circuit. Today, there are down wires everywhere and nobody knows about them until somebody gets fried. It also kills the city because it produces a giant city wide brownout effect. There will be 10 transformers on a loop feeding 50 houses. 2 or 3 of those transformers get knocked off line and suddenly all 50 houses do not get enough voltage to run the motors in their appliances....50 houses with junk. You see new equipment thrown out all over the city from this very reason.

I found a dead hooker maybe 6-7 years ago down there. There was a serial murderer running around killing prostitutes and they never publicized it until they caught him a few years ago. I have been shot at down there.

Another day I was down there working and all of a sudden this woman drives up to this house and pulls in the drive way. I go out back across the street to do my thing and I hear people start screaming and yelling. I come back out and the guy is kicking the crap out of this woman for something. He has like 10 guys with him and they areon the porch hooting and hollering. Then on my side of the street were 2 big fat ladies. They just kept sweeping the sidewalk like nothing was happening. I just had to leave and go the other way.

Nothing raises my ire more than seeing a man beating up a woman. But it was suicide to go help and suicide to call the cops and ever come back to that neigborhood.

But I have thousands of stories of good experiences with people too. They just don't get vocalized as much. I still believe that the majority of people are good and decent. And I study them for a living. Pole checking is just my cover to get in to see how these people really live. 8)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:29 pm 
Superstar Contributor

With this kind of culture in many US cities it is easy to see what could happen if UK style rioting/looting breaks out there.

Start cutting back on welfare and public spending to disenfranchise even further those who have already fallen by the wayside... it just seems like a ticking time bomb.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:00 am 
Superstar Contributor

The funny thing is, the Arabs have moved into some of these devastated sections of Detroit. The streets are clean, the businesses are reopened, and the houses are repaired.

Now, I am not going into race, there are all colors of scum in Detroit. I think it is more of an immigration thing and the drive to succeed that accompanies them. They come here, see the cheap and run down property, and they see opportunity. They are thriving in areas where Americans are failing. Because they have the key.

They have a small contained economy. They shop at their own stores, their own butchers, etc. etc. They have what all small USA towns used to have before Walmart sucked the life out of the town.

Another funny thing about these 1st generation arabs coming to Detroit. They manage to support large families with only 1 job? Usually only the man works. This is a lost art in the suburbs where I am.

The Amish also do very well. They support eachother by trading goods and labor. I was working in for Holmes & Wayne Electric in the hills of Ohio. It is the Amish capital of the world. I was walking down powerlines that tapped back to old farm houses and when I'd get to the end of the line.....nothing was hooked up. They are expanding their land holdings and wealth like crazy. Because they are not tied to the man. But as we have seen lately, they are under attack now too.

The Mexicans, my gosh do they work hard. There is a section of Detroit called Mexican Town as well. I was down there last year and all of the alleys were cleared. I talked to some people and the whole neighborhood got together and cleaned everything up. They are also thriving in places Americans cannot....they also shop at alot of their own stores and have a type of contained economy. They also send a huge % of their money to family back in Mexico.

Do not tell me it is impossible to go back to what we had. They are doing it right now! And they are proving that our old model was successful. We need to bring Main Street Back!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:02 am 
Superstar Contributor

LOL, I slipped midway and thought I was in another thread. LOL

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:41 am 
Valued 2012er

Good points, Money Messer.

It is easy to forget that it was immigration and a blend of cultures that made America strong in the first place. We need to remember where we came from, how we started.

(Cassandra, in Agamemnon by Aeschylus)
[swiped from http://www.dreamscape.com/morgana/saturn.htm ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:04 am 
Superstar Contributor

Wendy Cruz wrote:
Good points, Money Messer.

It is easy to forget that it was immigration and a blend of cultures that made America strong in the first place. We need to remember where we came from, how we started.

I would bust our of here in a heart beat to go to a new world. But there is nowhere left to go. I'd could try to form a coalition to move the the unclaimed portion of Antarctica...but my gut tells me it is only unlcaimed because it's already claimed. Unless Branson gets his act in gear and we start colonizing space, there is nowhere to go anymore. One of the guys I grew up with moved to Peru but wherever you go, you have to put up with the BS already there.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:11 pm 
Valued 2012er

There's lots of free land in the Atacama desert, but there's no water and very little air so I guess you get what you pay for.

As for Detroit: reboot it. Or put a big-ass wall around the city so no one gets in or out. Wait 100 years then start anew.

"If you haven't pissed someone off, you're not trying hard enough" - Me

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:42 pm 
Superstar Contributor

This is a great thread. Sad and inspiring.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next