It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:47 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Why this Reboot section exists
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:34 pm 
Site Admin

There have been a number of posts on this theme in the past, so this section is partially here to fulfil a need.

It's also a place where forum members can try to come to terms with the duality of feelings that some of us may have:

A) Humans are bad custodians of the planet, and can be nasty to each other - why not wipe us out and start again

vs.

B) We love being human and being alive today, and if faced with a cataclysm, we wish to preserve the current world as best we can

I can personally vouch for having strong feelings in both directions. Many forum members have expressed some feelings of wishing the world would end (but usually only if they themselves get to survive)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:52 pm 
"The Boar" (Moderator)

Reformat the hard-drive. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:02 pm 
Author / Researcher

...could we bee in for a defragging first?

namaste

Raphael

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:38 pm 
2012 Elder & Moderator

Just a quick note I followed the BEE problem real close and it appears that hybrid bees are the ones that suffered. Normal organic wild bees seem to be having no problems but a big portion of the American agriculture industry relies on man made bees and as a consequence we probably have a tough year with produce. Couple that with all the floods and droughts better have your own garden as food prices are going to skyrocket. This could BEE a big problem in the next year.

MY LIFE MY RULES

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:52 pm 
Author / Researcher

Gozguyse5 wrote:
Just a quick note I followed the BEE problem real close and it appears that hybrid bees are the ones that suffered. Normal organic wild bees seem to be having no problems but a big portion of the American agriculture industry relies on man made bees and as a consequence we probably have a tough year with produce. Couple that with all the floods and droughts better have your own garden as food prices are going to skyrocket. This could BEE a big problem in the next year.

This is significant to the discussion here as we approach 2012.
Here is what I found when I was googling BEEs.

I googled...
'mythical symbol of bee'

http://www.fleurdelis.com/meanings.htm

Evidently as we know Bees are associated with 'efficiency'.

But what I forgot out about butterflies is even more interesting.
They are associated with Psyche or soul.

Now that is really interesting.
Are the butterflies a barometer of impending change?
As we approach 2012.

The changes taking place in the world, if indeed we are headed toward an awakening, would need to be reflected in all forms of life and at occur at all levels of the Creation, from invisible neutrinos to invisible Neutron stars, invisible Brown/Black dwarfs, and invisible Black Holes

Butterflies flitting about could be an indicator on one level of the changes take place.
Hexagons over the north pole of Saturn caused by cymatics could be just another.

Food and bugs for thought.
And do not leave that site without checking out the 'hidden meaning' of a baguette.

Too funny...reminds me of a conversation I had with my 12 year old daughter this year before she flew off to France to stay with friends for 4 weeks.

I told her to beware of French boys carrying baguettes.
:lol:

ciao

gee
xo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:56 pm 
2012 Elder

I am torn as well. Some people are so ruthless to the earth or each other and we'll need a reboot. It all stems around greed for materials...money rules the world today. We could need that materialism taken(forced) away...to get back to the basics.

I would hope that those same people are wiped clean...but leave the rest of us here to start over :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:45 pm 
Very 2012esque

Bah, that we want it or not does not matter. If we mess with the earth's balance too much it's going to restore itself one way or another wiping us out in the process if needed! In order to do that... a total reboot would be a logical restore solution. I wouldn't want to preserve the current world/system we live in, it is just not good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:23 am 
2012 Forum Newbie

I'm against this whole rebooting thing. I believe we should strive as much as we can to prevent human race from extinction.

That being said, if the world does "reboot", how would we know that whatever comes after will be better? If it's worse than this then it will eventually go through another "reboot" and another. The problem wont be solved if we just leave it to nature to fix our mistakes. I think that it's a reasonable idea for us to try and fix our own mistakes before giving up on human lives like this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:15 am 
Site Admin

Welcome Fulcrum,

I think the point is that although logically, consciously we all probably wish for everything to continue the way it is, or at the very least for humans to continue, some of us have a nagging feeling that we don't deserve to, and that a reboot would be good, and humans can take their chances on surviving it.

This is just a little corner of the forum for folk to vent their "stupid humans harming each other, harming the planet" thoughts. The theme of the fourm is not to reboot our planet, but rather to survive anything that may come our way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:26 pm 
2012 Forum Newbie

Thanks for the welcome Rob. This forum has some very interesting ideas so far; some I agree with and some I don't, but that's to be expected. I'm really glad I found it while just looking up some 2012 stuff :P .

Post subject: Re: Why this Reboot section exists
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:16 am 
2012 Forum Newbie

The "Reboot" is a good idea except the government is corrupt :twisted:
100 000 000's of people would die depending on how they reboot the world

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:00 am 
2012 Forum Newbie

I don't think we 'deserve' to be wiped out. I think that if another species before us had the same level of intelligence as us (and opposable thumbs :P ) they'd probably have affected the planet in the same way.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:13 pm 
2012 Forum Newbie

Hello... Im Noob here, but 2012 is not new to me, i just want to say that if we want to die then die, its a fact that all of us will someday die, its a good way for mother nature to replenish. Its just simple, "the strong shall live and the weak shall perish, thats the law of nature" If you came to think about it mother nature always win.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:30 am 
2012 Elder & Retired Moderator

HeresHoping wrote:
I don't think we 'deserve' to be wiped out. I think that if another species before us had the same level of intelligence as us (and opposable thumbs :P ) they'd probably have affected the planet in the same way.

Agreed!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:19 pm 
2012 Elder

GERO wrote:
Hello... Im Noob here, but 2012 is not new to me, i just want to say that if we want to die then die, its a fact that all of us will someday die, its a good way for mother nature to replenish. Its just simple, "the strong shall live and the weak shall perish, thats the law of nature" If you came to think about it mother nature always win.

I think thats just it though, 'the strong shall live" of course, but today, the strong live and provide 'medical miracles' to keep the weak alive as well. There is no culling of the herd for us. There are no predators to keep our numbers within a managable range. We outlive our usefullness, and outgrow our food supply. Then the strong build hospitals and nursing homes to keep us around as the strong continue to make babies and deforest to build more houses and hospitals and nursing homes.
Mother Nature is not winning, we are killing her. As I've said before, we are the only species on the planet that changes its environment to suit us, while all others change to suit the environment.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next