It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:54 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject: Re: Why this Reboot section exists
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:09 pm 
Very 2012esque

Lenzabi wrote:
Hawkfan 1 wrote:
Fortunately the earth is NOT programmed or in any way like a computer and therefore does not need a re-boot.

Re-boot/make over/restructuring/re-write/do-over/fresh start, whatever sounds better to folks. Fact remains that the culture/society that sits in charge is not healthy, for the ecology, nor for the mass of people, it seems geared towards the benefits of a small few who feel they are the most important beings in all of the cosmos, and the rest here can "stuff it"

If you like the way things are and nothing needs to change at all, you are still "asleep" hypnotized/under control/still have your strings attached. It's time to wake up and get out of your tube people.

Unfortunately the ranting crowd such as you belong to never, ever offer an alternative to the progression we are making. At NO time in history is there a point at which civilisation could have taken a different turn. Everything you see as bad - nuclear power, the discovery of oil and the attendant industry, the banking sectors etc etc were all going to happen. They were there to be discovered. The ecosystem can take all that we're throwing at it and sustain a population of probably 18-20 billion. Do you have any conception about just how little we're scratched the surface or taken out of the earth? I doubt it.
You call the vast majority of the word population blinkered, blind, asleep and call us sheeple. You don't realise that you and your remented kind are the sheeple because you follow every 'guru', every David Koesh, every Nancy Leider, every crackpot who emerges and tells you there is a secret way out of the perceived mess if only you'll give up your way of life and follow blindly. You refuse to accept the world the way it is because you see every step forward as bad and probably leaving you farther behind. Basically you don't understand the world at present and are afraid of something you don't understand. You can call for as much change as you like but unless you are able to offer something substantial and actually 'do-able' then you're wailing in the dark.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:20 am 
Superstar Contributor

Quote:
Unfortunately the ranting crowd such as you belong to never, ever offer an alternative to the progression we are making. At NO time in history is there a point at which civilisation could have taken a different turn. Everything you see as bad - nuclear power, the discovery of oil and the attendant industry, the banking sectors etc etc were all going to happen. They were there to be discovered. The ecosystem can take all that we're throwing at it and sustain a population of probably 18-20 billion. Do you have any conception about just how little we're scratched the surface or taken out of the earth? I doubt it.
You call the vast majority of the word population blinkered, blind, asleep and call us sheeple. You don't realise that you and your remented kind are the sheeple because you follow every 'guru', every David Koesh, every Nancy Leider, every crackpot who emerges and tells you there is a secret way out of the perceived mess if only you'll give up your way of life and follow blindly. You refuse to accept the world the way it is because you see every step forward as bad and probably leaving you farther behind. Basically you don't understand the world at present and are afraid of something you don't understand. You can call for as much change as you like but unless you are able to offer something substantial and actually 'do-able' then you're wailing in the dark.

Based upon that very anger filled reply, I would say a nerve was hit, and harsh wake up is likely.

Now to deal with this w/o resorting to insults and anger in return.

Quote:
Unfortunately the ranting crowd such as you belong to never, ever offer an alternative to the progression we are making

Before one can actually offer a solution or attempt at such, one needs to first truly look at and understand the problems, otherwise the wrong solutions may be offered. And I am alone for the most part, please avoid such over simplified generalizations.

Quote:
At NO time in history is there a point at which civilisation could have taken a different turn.

I, and many others may disagree, there are plenty of junctures at which things may have had civilization be totally different than it is now. One many Historians see is the Roman Empire taking different policies and having survived far longer or shorter than it did, Or maybe the US could have been different via Mexico winning the wars that lead to our having California/Nevada/New Mexico/Texas, another could have been there being a United States, and the southern states being still the Confederate States of America due to nothing happening, and the two sides just staring at each other across the Mason Dixon Line.

Technology could have taken a major turn where we are as now but with the much apparently adored steam punk tech instead, or a mix of science and sorcery?

The great Depression could have wound up resulting in different currency being established, instead of the credit system we have now.

I could go on.

Quote:
Everything you see as bad - nuclear power, the discovery of oil and the attendant industry, the banking sectors etc etc were all going to happen

Pleas see above, it is proven that we could have decided to go with stem cars or purely electrical cars back when the tech was not so great for batteries, but because that was the accepted standard, Diesel made his engine to run on peanut oil, but the makers of cars worked with Petroleum based fuel instead and converted the diesel to that. We could just as easily have also discovered solar/photo-voltaics early on as a way to power things.

As for Nuclear being so bad, we have just to look at Chernobyl and what is still going on in the Ukraine for that, and of course we now have Fukushima to add to that as well as people are displaced and their local food and water is contaminated, with many health issues to follow for years to come.

As for oil, well there is mounting evidence that the Oil spill added with the core-exit is having very negative results over there, to the point that people are now getting ill just living there. The banks have the gov'ts by the short hairs, and Goldman Sachs rules the world.

Quote:
The ecosystem can take all that we're throwing at it and sustain a population of probably 18-20 billion.

Please tell us all how you came to that conclusion? When there has been significant deforestation/Oil spills/chemical spills/water unfit to drink when it once was/Mining mishaps chemically/Overfishing/dead zones/5 garbage gyres in the worlds' oceans/coral dying/fish kills and bird kills/Jellyfish blooms which only happen due to pollution lowering oxygen for them along with fish being in low supply that would otherwise eat them. We overbuild thus taxing water tables And that collapsing system is with just 7billion, once we somehow reach 18-20billion, I doubt things will last that much longer. Present model of living as we westerners do is impossible to keep going as long as you'd like to think, so wake up and do more research as I have.

Quote:
n take all that we're throwing at it and sustain a population of probably 18-20 billion. Do you have any conception about just how little we're scratched the surface or taken out of the earth? I doubt it.

As my post above, we have pretty much worn out areas and depleted places in wildlife and resources I have been researching on my own, we would need 6 more earths for all 7billion to live like Americans/Japanese/Europeans.

Quote:
You call the vast majority of the word population blinkered, blind, asleep and call us sheeple.

So, who believes or totally agrees with their politicians? or their news channels? do you look at other news agencies across the planet to try and get a rounder picture than what Fox/CNN/MSNBC feeds you?

Quote:
You don't realise that you and your remented kind are the sheeple because you follow every 'guru', every David Koesh, every Nancy Leider, every crackpot who emerges and tells you there is a secret way out of the perceived mess if only you'll give up your way of life and follow blindly.

I believe that you meant to say "demented", And no, I do not follow every guru that comes along, I do research, and actually can be quite objective as I research the issues that concern the planet. As such, new information helps me adjust my life to new ways to try and see what will work as a solution to the old ways of "consume toss away repeat" or to make things lat longer. Not into religions like that of Koresh, or the main stream stuff, as that also leads to being lead about by the nose like the sheeple. Never heard of Nancy Leidner/Leider, but now I have a new name to research and see what she espouses.

Quote:
You refuse to accept the world the way it is because you see every step forward as bad and probably leaving you farther behind

Really? every step forward is good? Look at the mess we are in financially and ecologically as well as technologically. Financial collapse on the way, more damage tot he planetary life support than you may be aware of, and the fact remains we have not advanced that much in many tech areas and have 30-40 yra old failing nuke plants threatening contamination and waste that is so toxic that special mean s are needed to handle it. OR as above Fukushima and Chernobyl and all the problems they are creating even now to this day. Research what is happening to the children near chernobyl, al their health issues due to the radiation. Then tell us how that is good, or the damage ecologically/economically and health wise in the Gulf of Mexico. The seafood is no longer safe to eat, and aquatic animals wash up dead everyday, (BP has teams ready to grab-bury-cover up those)

Tell me and others how our medical is so good that people are dying to pay for it(literally) and the families that lose everything to keep a loved one alive? Or how about how do we feed all those extra people when we toss away 14million tons of food in the US alone, and justify starvation? In many ways, many that have "woken up" are ahead of things in many ways you may not be aware of.

Quote:
Basically you don't understand the world at present and are afraid of something you don't understand

Oh I do understand the world more than you may know and that is why it is worrying!

Quote:
You can call for as much change as you like but unless you are able to offer something substantial and actually 'do-able' then you're wailing in the dark.

I and others may present solutions, but the do-able part is exactly that, do-able, the big question is how palatable some of them may or may not be to people who do not see past their own personal needs/wants/desires. Also what the present corporate overlords would cry about it.

So, there are many complex problems to address with either some simple or not so simple solutions and some may be fiscally demanding, there is no "magic bullet" and they will not go away burying our heads in the sand.

First thing to do as a step is kill your TV.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:28 am 
2012 Forum Newbie

I think that there's a lot of good people out there who deserve a shot at surviving whatever is about to happen... Good people who wish to be happy and live a well balanced loving life, who care and are willing to give whatever it takes to make this world a better place....

However...

I also believe that the 1% (you know who they are) are spoiling it for everybody and I could not care less if they would all disappear tomorrow morning (not likely!).

So...

If doomsday comes, it will be for the better because THAT will clean the slate. Those who control the world with money/power/control will be left to fend on their own 'cause if the economy disappears, they won't have anything left to control the population. They'll have to bend down on their knees in the dirt and plant seeds if they want to eat and survive. Paying someone to do it for them won't work cause money won't have any value left...

A good lesson in humility, a well deserved lesson...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4