It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:34 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: We need it
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:49 am 
Valued 2012er

Why?--to all in this thread. I do not understand.

Since this appeared, 7.54 million years ago,

.......we have risen to the top of the food chain on this planet. We also have had little impact to the rest of the world, outside the 11 major cities on Earth, which holds 90% of the planet's population and other than Europe and the USA, the Earth is a very very empty place of people--(Example: Patagonia, the size of the USA; pop: 1840). Thus, we are here.

If Extinction is a goal, there are vehicles for that on local-- it is called suicide.

Just a thought.

Robert

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:29 am 
2012 Elder

Canter wrote:
What makes us think we deserve anything but exstinction? We are the only beings on the entire planet that kills each other....

Looking no further than my neighbour's cats, they like to torment and kill birds and small wildlife. They are well fed by their owners, this is not about hunger, it's in their nature.
I think your statement just got disproved. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:57 pm 
Superstar Contributor

binskiboys wrote:
You know what I was thinking...If God or Aliens do intend to wipe us clean for the reasons you mention (which I agree totally)...who gets the raw deal? The little guys like you an me.

Do you really believe you aren't as much to blame as anyone else? You are, and you will have earned it well enough.

The crimes are of the species. The punishment should be likewise.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:58 pm 
Superstar Contributor

Why do some think its a raw deal? If this thing dont happen then we are in for more of a "raw deal" so to speak. World consumption, human pollution, freshwater supplies, more religious wars. Trading our freedoms for security. The thing is everybody is worried about death, hey we all die when its our time. Your death will prove its your time. We cannot un-invent the car. How in the hell can we go back and fix our polluted world? If this thing doesn't happen there will certainly be a war over dwindling world resources.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2