It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:28 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: Meteor shower dream
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:58 am 
Very 2012esque

Had a dream last night which was very vivid and graphic.

Massive meteor shower hit and meteors were raining down (huge ones) and I saw them smashing into hills then onto a highway. I would see cars get hit directly and I saw one hit the ground just in front of a car which proceeded to smash into it sending both occupants through the front windscreen (very graphically).

There was a lot of blood and destruction and countless casualties.

Really quite confronting and disturbing.

Post subject: Re: Meteor shower dream
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:50 pm 
Valued 2012er

Is it common for you to have vivid dreams? Had you watched or read any info recently concerning meteors, or did this dream come out of nowhere? Do you ever have dreams that come true?

I don't have dreams like this, so I am very interested in everyone else's dreams :)

(Cassandra, in Agamemnon by Aeschylus)
[swiped from http://www.dreamscape.com/morgana/saturn.htm ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:28 pm 
Very 2012esque

I have vivid dreams once in a while but this one came out of nowhere hence why it was so disturbing. Can't say any have come true - and this is one I would hope wouldn't come true either.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:00 am 
Valued 2012er

Did you watch anything recently(2 months give or take) related to occur to your dream.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:39 am 
Very 2012esque

Tevk111 wrote:
Did you watch anything recently(2 months give or take) related to occur to your dream.

Not that I can think of, it was just one of those things. I was a bit feverish (have had a cold) and I know I had another destruction dream the following night but I am struggling to remember what that one was about.

I've also been dreaming an awful lot about being able to fly - those dreams come and go but have been increasing lately - not that I'm complaining about these ones, I enjoy flying!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:32 am 
Superstar Contributor

I dont tend to have destruction dreams either but the flying dreams have been a regular occurance for me too just lately.............X

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:24 pm 
Valued 2012er

Hopefully we get to fly around together..

In my dream 2 years ago give or take now. A lot of people were floating and a lot of people were turning pure black.I mean not black the color black the void.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:57 am 
2012 Forum Newbie

In order to decipher the dream there are some details missing. In general, there are two basic explanations I can think of:
1. an unrest situation, which is easy to understand as it was dreamt when you were sick. Often we have these ‘heavy’ dreams when we are sick.
2. Destruction often refers to an uneasy change. A demolition of the old, to make place to the new.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:20 am 
Superstar Contributor

I've had many many "flying" dreams and that doesn't even count my old LSD parties. :lol: I'll take a good flying dream over getting bombarded by meteors any day. I think my persistent flying dreams were induced in large part by my fondness of Superman comics growing up.

My interpretation of Architect's dream is he is simply thirsty and wants to get bombed but there are so many different varieties of liquor coming at him the choice has imbued him with confusion and turmoil, and even a sense of danger. Ultimately, I think, Architect will go with scotch on the ROCKS!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:32 pm 
Brand New Here

I had a strange and extreamly vivid dream last night where it was supposed to be the end of the world and there was meteors and a giant flying oxford dictionary with them in the sky. What could this mean?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:29 am 
2012 Elder & Moderator

You ate to much cheese before bed :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:39 pm 
2012 Forum Newbie

Meteors is what I saw in my vision as well bringing about destruction. Were there any other contexts to your dream? Like where you were, who you were with, what time of year, feelings you had about the event, etc? As for the flying dreams, I have them a lot too, they rock! The key to gaining altitude and flying higher and higher is staying positive and not being afraid. fear makes you fall!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:41 pm 
Superstar Contributor

Architect wrote:
Had a dream last night which was very vivid and graphic.

Massive meteor shower hit and meteors were raining down (huge ones) and I saw them smashing into hills then onto a highway. I would see cars get hit directly and I saw one hit the ground just in front of a car which proceeded to smash into it sending both occupants through the front windscreen (very graphically).

There was a lot of blood and destruction and countless casualties.

Really quite confronting and disturbing.

I saw an article this morning on the extinction protocol website that they are calling for lots of meteor showers for december this yeat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:42 pm 
Superstar Contributor

Best meteor shower of the year coming in December

Posted on December 1, 2012 by The Extinction Protocol

December 1, 2012 – SPACE – Mild comfortable nights of observing are now behind us. As we approach the Winter Solstice on December 21 at 6:12 am (the earliest date and time for this astronomical event since 1896), our days grow shorter while the nights grow longer. Amateur astronomers like the early sunsets and the longer nighttime skies, but the cold temperatures can shorten one’s observing session quite effectively. However, unless we get slammed with frequent and fast moving weather fronts during meteorological winter (December thru February), the skies can be very clear and transparent. For those of you who own telescopes of any size should take that opportunity to focus your instruments on the planet Jupiter. On December 1, this Jovian world will be at its closest distance to the Earth. Though still just over 378,000,000 miles away, Jupiter and his four Galilean moons reveal a lot of detail to even a casual observer using a telescope. On that date this fifth planet from the Sun can be found to the left of the Hyades asterism in Taurus, and almost five degrees from Aldebaran, the red star that marks the eye of the bull. While Jupiter will be observable for the next several months, the upcoming Geminid meteor shower will peak on the night of December 13-14 (Thursday night to Friday morning). The Geminids are currently the best meteor shower of the year for northern hemisphere viewers, and the New Moon will not be present to brighten the sky. Therefore, from a dark sky location an observer should potentially observe 60+ meteors per hour at peak, which is predicted to occur sometime between midnight and 4:00am EST. But for those of you who don’t wish to observe into the wee hours of the morning, the Geminids do provide observers an opportunity to see a decent display during the pre-midnight hours. Why? Gemini, the constellation from where the shooting stars appear to radiate, is about 30 degrees above the eastern horizon by 9:00pm. You’ll know you’ve seen a Geminid if you can trace the origin of the meteor’s trail back to the radiant point near Gemini’s brightest stars, Castor and Pollux. –Go Local

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]