It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:44 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: A Guide to Lucid Dreaming (and Remembering Dreams)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:48 am 
Very 2012esque

Luis, tried to help you in the other thread. (For the neophytes) :D

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:17 pm 
2012 Forum Newbie

After reading this thread last night, I decided to try to realize I was dreaming. It worked, at two parts of my dreams... And here is HOW I MAY HAVE BEEN ABLE TO REALIZE that I was dreaming:

Last night I made a mental note that I will always question reality when I ever encounter a DOOR, or LIQUID. Those are two things that everyone encounters, every day.

I don't know if that method was what worked last night, but I have two reasons to believe it did. In the first part of the dream, as soon as I realized I was dreaming I zoooooomed forward into what I can't explain, but was all blue and purple, with fast-paced sound effects. It was very similar to Level 2 and Level 4 of the original Nintendo game Contra. Those levels involve several doors. In the second part of my dream, I realized I was dreaming when I was on a dock by a New York river. When I realized I was dreaming, I flew over the river. Rivers are made of liquid, so it's possible that I questioned reality when I saw that liquidy river.

Anyway, for a while I'm gonna always question reality when I see a door, and any time I see liquid. This will probably happen a lot, because I'm always walking through doors and seeing liquid. It happens every day, all the time.

I might also question reality when I see lights. That also happens all the time.

And of course, it only matters if you remember your dream.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 7:25 pm 
Superstar Contributor

whoa, thnx for the info, i didnt think about that in my whole life. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 10:46 pm 
2012 Elder & Retired Moderator

(replied to wrong thread, ignore me)

Last edited by Del on Sat May 30, 2009 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 10:53 pm 
Superstar Contributor

Pretty much all of my dreams are lucid lately... It's strange. Everything is also EXTREMLEY vivid, I've also learnt to smell in my dreams too, oddly. Aswell as this, much recently, I've been having these weird dreams whilst on the edge of sleep. For instance, a boiling hot kettle above my head, slowly turning before scalding my face. However, I 'jut' awake, all of my muscles tense and its like a spasm, it happens atleast 5 times a week now. Perhaps something is trying to wake me up ? :|

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:27 am 
Valued 2012er

beefstewinthepot wrote:
Last night I made a mental note that I will always question reality when I ever encounter a DOOR, or LIQUID. Those are two things that everyone encounters, every day.

Very good idea! I'm gonna try that from now on xD

I'm a voice actor (http://www.youtube.com/user/MetallicPoison)
世界の支配者と言われると、お世辞でもうれしい。 Guess... ^^
I'M BACK

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:22 am 
2012 Forum Newbie

I havent gotten much sleep lately so I havent been trying, but I know the DOOR/LIQUID method worked a couple of times in the week that I tried it out. You have to start thinking about it in real life. Only then will you question reality in your dream.

I thought about also adding PEOPLE and LIGHTS, but then I would always just be walking around questioning reality LOL

The main reason why I want to control my dreams is because pretty much every night I have a nightmare where my cats are in danger. I've tried to add to list: Any time my cats are in danger, but when it happens I'm always too busy trying to save them to think about anything else. However, if I can break that cycle, I could probably have a lucid dream every night, because in real life my cats are always safe.

Also, a couple of times when I realized I was dreaming, I wanted to change the setting, so I tried the "spinning" method and it worked.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:29 am 
Very 2012esque

what if we dont have dreams. I mean I haven't had a dream for a very long time maybe even about 6 months. and I know because if you can't remember a dream, you remember that you at least had one. is there to induce dreaming?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:24 am 
2012 Forum Newbie

snakeclown wrote:
what if we dont have dreams. I mean I haven't had a dream for a very long time maybe even about 6 months. and I know because if you can't remember a dream, you remember that you at least had one. is there to induce dreaming?

Do you get enough sleep? Does an alarm clock wake you up or do you wake up naturally?

You will have more dreams if you get enough sleep and wake up naturally

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:36 pm 
2012 Forum Newbie

Lucid dreams are the only dreams I have - I dream without fail every night and my wife always laughs at me about the weird dreams I have, most nights I don't feel I sleep at all, and it feels like I live another life in another world! (I know sounds crazy, but that what happens)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:08 am 
Superstar Contributor

If you have a tendency to Astral Project in your sleep, you may not recall what you did, but your mind may not process it as a dream either.

Lately I've 'woken up' but still been in bed. eyes still closed, my Senses tell me I'm in bed, and I know where everything in the room is, but I can see a dream folding out in front of me. It's been pretty cool. Completely no prophetic, and non astral. But they appear to just be normal dreams. (Rare for me.. as most dreams fall into those other two categories.)

Peace,

Kyo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:42 am 
Author / Researcher

Q:

Can lucid dreaming benefit my life?

I may have at times even poohed on some spiritual ideals
Ive known spiritualist ppl, I look at their lives, and notice that ofetn they seem to be [in some ways]
worse off than the normies.

One woman told me how she lived a past life in which her boyfriend [of many lives] chopped of her hands.
Makes me think "geeze glad i dont have past lives".
OK thats sarcastic ... appologize BUT Im just trying to make a point here.

Will my life be better?
Can I achive happiness/fulfillment/sucsess better?

Some spiritualists I know really make me ask these questions ...
If I practice what THEY practice will I turn out like them?

I knwo this time in eterninty is intense, things are complex for uss all.
But I would rather not be in relationships where we chop each others hands off.
And I assure you thats just ONE example of some straaaannnge ppl Ive met who are into this stuff.

So back to the question :

Can lucid dreaming benefit my life?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:02 am 
Superstar Contributor

i think i dream like this(at least the part of nnight and dreams i remember and is aware of)but never knew there was a name 4 this ;P

hey! im a lucid dreamer :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:05 pm 
Superstar Contributor

I've only had one lucid dream. It was spectacular to say the least though.

I was in the middle of a desert in a little play ground thing, and a nuke went off in the distance, and the blast wave was coming towards me. I remember thinking, we'll I'm screwed in this situation. I think I could've made myself wake up, but i stared at the ground for a second and waved my hand and it created a huge ditch which I jumped into it, and I looked up and saw the blast go over my head. I climbed out, and all was good. Sure it wasn't realistic, but... I really felt like a superhero, and that's a feeling I'll never forget.

P.S. If anyone wants to know the visual of how the ditch was formed, after the wave of my hand, I blinked and it was there, i didnt actually see it form though.

P.S. Again, I can't be sure if it was a "blink" but there was an instant where i saw nothing, so... I treat it as a blink.

Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet the Force

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:13 am 
Superstar Contributor

Loki, Jedi code? NICE. Anyway, yeah I lucid dream every now and then. I have them more regularly when I write dreams down when I wake up. They're %$#@ unbelievable. BUT, the mind is tricky as hell. I've been lucid and tricked myself out of it. I've also tricked myself into thinking that there are rules when your lucid. Ridiculous. The first 3 or 4 times I went lucid, I immediately tried to fly. For me, it was so intense and out of the ordinary that I woke up immediately after. This is my biggest problem with lucid dreams. Here are some tips: the first few times you go lucid, don't try to do something as crazy as flying. Try to change the color of something, or manifest something small in your hand like a coin or a soda maybe. I think it's easier to see other things change than to fly or personally feel strange sensations. Also, my buddy told me that if you're about to wake up in a lucid dream, spinning around will help to keep you in the dream. I always look for a blue apple, or I look at my hands for the trigger. My hands are always really strange in dreams (out of focus and too many fingers and wriggling). Alright, good luck people.

snakeclown wrote:

You always dream, but if you don't wake up in a REM cycle it's a lot harder to remember them. Check online because I might be wrong, but I think if you sleep 6 hours then wake up then go back to sleep again for a couple more you remember a shitload of dreams. Peace.

"Tesla was the electric Jesus."

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next