It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:20 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Who really invented the Mayan Calender?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:48 pm 
Superstar Contributor

Where are all the missing pages of the book from the link you gave?

I am not impressed. The Author confuses the Nordic Runic alphabet for being Celtic When plenty of scholars have identified such carvings in Newfoundland and the american east coast (and as far in as the head-waters of the Mississippi) and places in Northeastern Canada as being a runic alphabet not Celtic. The evidence this author uses to support a claim (one that is only mentioned toward the end of the book) that Meso-Americans recieved all thier culture and tech from the Tribes of Israel is based on no solid evidence. Where are the artifacts that link them? The coins aren't conclusive. There was no unified money standard that far back so those coins could of come from any group that had engaged in wide spread trade.

I am rather disappointed that this is the basis of your postulation (I should of expected it from a book published by Mormons). But, I would like you to answer one question that you have been avoiding: Why is it so important that you link the Hebrew people to every other culture in history? (I dare you to answer this question truthfully!)

You have tried to argue links to the Spartans, the Chinese, and I wouldn't be surprised if you tried to link them to ancient Hindus as well. You now the Nazis tried to do this with the german people, trying to link them to every great civilization in recorded history. Is this what you are trying to do with the Hebrew people? If you are then you should find a better place to spew your rhetoric.

I'll tell you what, if you can produce some actual evidence then post it here and I will eat my words and enjoy a lively conversaton/debate with you, but if you can't... Well, then I suggest you put these posts somewhere more appropriate, like the lounge. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:52 pm 
Valued 2012er

Obviously you prefer ignoring the fact that Indians, as this book and other books say, have too many jewish customs too be regarded simply as mere coincidence, you also ignore their history books who speak of Israelites and bibalic stories (a leader of people crossing the sea with his staff is something you would expect to hear from Indians!?). Maybe you just want to dumb the whole idea down in order to feel comfortable with your beliefs that the bible is man made and the 10 Lost Tribes of Israel is just a legend, I don't know.

Quote:
Why is it so important that you link the Hebrew people to every other culture in history? (I dare you to answer this question truthfully!)

I don't intend to associate my people with other peoples. You can see yourself I never mentioned Israelite people as creating cultures (giving the Mayans their calendar doesn't count), we are more on the spiritual field so it's not our job, but rather other children of Abraham did. It isn't a jewish issue because probably half the world share descent from Abraham.
What I did is simply tell of the history as I know it. I never make up things, I always base my claims, even if my sources aren't credible to you. When I said e.g that the founders of Rome and it's emperors were of Edomite origin, I merely gave an explanation of a question many have asked and never found the answer: why is it most important people of Rome were of a different racial stock than average italian. I shared the information I know from Josephus and ancient jewish sources that always refered to the important Roman figures as the children of Esau. That doesn't mean I feel like I need to associate with them or feel any kinship towards them, I hope you get it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:43 pm 
Superstar Contributor

SeedofJacob wrote:
Obviously you prefer ignoring the fact that Indians, as this book and other books say, have too many jewish customs too be regarded simply as mere coincidence, you also ignore their history books who speak of Israelites and bibalic stories (a leader of people crossing the sea with his staff is something you would expect to hear from Indians!?). Maybe you just want to dumb the whole idea down in order to feel comfortable with your beliefs that the bible is man made and the 10 Lost Tribes of Israel is just a legend, I don't know.

Quote:
Why is it so important that you link the Hebrew people to every other culture in history? (I dare you to answer this question truthfully!)

I don't intend to associate my people with other peoples. You can see yourself I never mentioned Israelite people as creating cultures (giving the Mayans their calendar doesn't count), we are more on the spiritual field so it's not our job, but rather other children of Abraham did. It isn't a jewish issue because probably half the world share descent from Abraham.
What I did is simply tell of the history as I know it. I never make up things, I always base my claims, even if my sources aren't credible to you. When I said e.g that the founders of Rome and it's emperors were of Edomite origin, I merely gave an explanation of a question many have asked and never found the answer: why is it most important people of Rome were of a different racial stock than average italian. I shared the information I know from Josephus and ancient jewish sources that always refered to the important Roman figures as the children of Esau. That doesn't mean I feel like I need to associate with them or feel any kinship towards them, I hope you get it.

Indians? I assume you mean Meso-Americans because the tribes of native peoples in NorthAmerica had no written record. It was a verbal history. You contradict yourself. If you are not trying to establish a connection then why do you state things like Romans being of hebrew stock or Spartans being of hebrew stock? Also you have failed to answer my question and instead chosen to avoid it. Your own posts here seem to support you being a racist bigot. There haven't been found enough written records from Meso-Americans to support your claim. And your interpretations of what is out there is completely biased.

Let go your religious beliefs and look at the evidence from a completely unbiased point of view (like that is possible for you). I would love to see you try this but such efforts seem to futile in regard to yourself. I wash my hands of your "arguement" and "evidence." You really need to post these things under more appropriate threads because there is nothing acedemic about your "research."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:04 pm 
2012 Elder

Boxingnun------ kozak?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:42 pm 
Superstar Contributor

pixie11 wrote:
Boxingnun------ kozak?

I am not sure I understand. :?:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:05 pm 
2012 Elder

If the descendants of Abraham taught the Maya how to make their calendar, then SoJ SHOULD be able to tell us why the last Long Count began when it did. After all, that date would have to have significance in the history of Abrahamics - it might help explain why we haven't been able to find the significance prior to such enlightenment.

Of course we'd then want to know how come the variety of calendars used by the Maya don't actually show up elsewhere, especially in the area the Lost Tribes came from and went to. Seems weird that these peoples went and started all those civilisations and don't show a consistent heritage in those descendant societies.

It would be nice to see a list of all those similarities between the 'Indians' and the Israelite peoples. And before we get into the 'I'm not talking about the Hebrews or Jews stuff, the 10 lost tribes are from the sons of Jacob, not Abraham. So Esau's children are not the 10 tribes at all. There seems to be confusion in SoJ's history.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:45 pm 
Valued 2012er

Obviously this man refuses to admit what others would have already accepted because of his atheist/paganic agenda (what can I expect from a man who goes living with heathen indians and enjoy watching their rituals?). After all, reading what I've written disrespects the enlightened indians so I must be a racist (your kind always like using this word when you want to belittle someone, don't you?), a total blasphemy isn't it?
He says I interprete things my way, how can anyone interpretes in a different way such a sentence as "Some of the old people of Yucatan say that they have heard from their ancestors that this land was occupied by a race of people who came from the east and whom G-d had delivered by opening twelve paths through the sea"? I didn't come out with this sentence, ask De Landa. But no, it's not good for our guy, he already decided everybody makes lies in order to deprive the honor the southern indians deserve.

Last edited by SeedofJacob on Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:51 pm 
Valued 2012er

Acolyte wrote:
It would be nice to see a list of all those similarities between the 'Indians' and the Israelite peoples. And before we get into the 'I'm not talking about the Hebrews or Jews stuff, the 10 lost tribes are from the sons of Jacob, not Abraham. So Esau's children are not the 10 tribes at all. There seems to be confusion in SoJ's history.

Your guy definately needs to read this before stating that I said Romans or Spartans were Jewish.

http://mclane65.tripod.com/native/odd-links.html

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:02 pm 
2012 Elder

SeedofJacob wrote:
Obviously this man refuses to admit what others would have already accepted because of his atheist/paganic agenda (what can I expect from a man who goes living with heathen indians and enjoy watching their rituals?). After all, reading what I've written disrespects the enlightened indians so I must be a racist (your kind always like using this word when you want to belittle someone, don't you?), a total blasphemy isn't it?
He says I interprete things my way, how can anyone interpretes in a different way such a sentence as "Some of the old people of Yucatan say that they have heard from their ancestors that this land was occupied by a race of people who came from the east and whom G-d had delivered by opening twelve paths through the sea"? I didn't come out with this sentence, ask De Landa. But no, it's not good for our guy, he already decided everybody makes lies in order to deprive the honor the southern indians deserve.

You should really quote the posts to which you are responding. If this is a response to my post, you are gibbering. Boxing Nun was before me with several posts so if it is a response to her, you're even wilder in your assertions. None of that is the case and you are making yourself look stupid.

To whom is this addressed?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:10 pm 
Superstar Contributor

SeedofJacob wrote:

You are one sick puppy :evil: :evil: :evil:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:12 pm 
Valued 2012er

Acolyte wrote:
SeedofJacob wrote:

You should really quote the posts to which you are responding. If this is a response to my post, you are gibbering. Boxing Nun was before me with several posts so if it is a response to her, you're even wilder in your assertions. None of that is the case and you are making yourself look stupid.

To whom is this addressed?

To this boxer obviously.

Quote:
You are one sick puppy

Nah, I just don't respects idolators that's all.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:48 pm 
Superstar Contributor

SeedofJacob wrote:

Is that all you can do is attack me? Pathetic. Real pathetic. :roll:
These kind of statments prove that your delusion is stronger than mine. Good job!
Tell me is there a street corner where I might experience your rants, or a public park maybe?

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 4:26 am 
Valued 2012er

SeedofJacob wrote:
The calendar of the Mayans wasn't invented by them, but was merely a giveaway to them by a different people - the people who were the original masters of South America and the continent's first inhabitants

that is exactly what maya descendeands ive met say ...
they speak of teachers who came, gave knowledge, and left.

certainly the maya had nothing to do with this calendar
but to recieve it

to call it mayan is ignorant on so many points i would rant to list them all.

it is not aztec/olmec/maya or of any other tribe

the teachers left
they went north according to shamans ive spoken with
in the region

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 6:29 pm 
Very 2012esque

Most likely it was given to them by the Annunaki. Many tablets have been found and translated by Zacheria Sitchin who mention this civilization.

Those who fail to prepare, are preparing to fail.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 6:50 pm 
Superstar Contributor

The ancient Mayans tracked the morning star risings of Venus, which occurs every 584 days, noticed that if Venus emerged in the east as morning star on the spring equinox, then Venus would again emerge close to the spring equinox eight years later. After 520 years the cycle was exact. Thus they created a framework of cycles for predicting the future morning star risings of Venus for centuries to come.

Venus forms a Pentagram in its 8 year dance back to it's starting point, look to see which ancient cultures kept there eye on Venus, you will find a large number of them were extremely fascinated by her.

Adding further to pattern the ratio of the sidereal orbits of the Earth to Venus is 1.6222 or a good approximation of Phi, (the golden proportion of recursion) which can seen in the spiral geometry of sea shells and fractal geometry. The simplest application of fractals is to plot the cumulative number of objects larger than a specified size against the size. In many cases, fragments, earthquakes, faults, mineral deposits, oil fields, etc., fractal dependence is found. Hence the pattern of a pentagram of morning stars or evening stars around the zodiac takes on mystical geometry. The occult five pointed star of the Wicca probably has its roots in the discovery of this fact in ancient Egypt under the cult of Isis/Osiris.

And also with this system, they could predict solstice and eclipse dates. This moon cycle was incorporated into the Mayan Venus Calendar, by way of the 9-moon sacred cycle of 260 days.The solar year (20 days x 18 + 5) and the sacred cycle of 260 days synchronize with each other around one Exiligmos eclipse cycle or 3 Saros cycles when an eclipse returns to the same longitude but some 600 miles north or south of its predecessor. But the general relationship is even more straightforward. Eclipses on average occur every 173.33 days. This is could be a eclipse half year. 3 times this equals 520 days which is exactly two tzolkins!!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next