It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:26 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
 Post subject: Oldest City Ever Found
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:56 pm 
2012 Elder

Quote:
Using earth orbiting satellites, acclaimed researcher David Flynn has studied the high plateau of Bolivia and found previously undiscovered unnatural patterns stretching outward from Lake Titicaca for hundreds of square miles. The geoglyphic works range from arrow straight parallel lines, enormous over lapping perfect circles and rectangles to 'labyrinth like' systems of walls and mounds extending over every feature of the terrain.

One hundred and twenty miles south of the lake, spirals, linear arrays and crisscrossing paths are scored into the earth covering an entire desert. Closer to the lake, branching walls and rectangular cells can be seen running vertically down hills. Many of these walls extend for hundreds of feet or more and maintain an average width of 15 feet. The estimated combined mass of the geoglyphic formations surrounding Lake Titicaca is staggering, exceeding many of the greatest known constructions of the ancient world.

Many researchers believe that the ruins of Tiahuanaco, situated only 12 miles south of Lake Titicaca and near the center of the geoglyphic landscape, is the oldest city ever discovered on earth. Consistent with these theories, the Inca living in the region during the Spanish conquest explained that Tiahuanaco had existed for thousands of years before their civilization began.

According to Inca legend, Lake Titicaca was revered as the location where the god Viracocha created a race of giants and later, the first humans. The Inca maintained that the giants built Tiahuanaco and also many other cities and structures in the area. However, due to their great evil, Viracocha destroyed the giants in a world flood. This legend is still believed by the local Indian inhabitants to this day.

The geoglyphs covering this area also exhibit extreme age. In areas where ice age sediment surrounding hills and mountains has been eroded by rain and wind, patterns carved into the bedrock underneath the sediment has been exposed, suggesting their creation sometime before the last glacial melt near the end of the Pleistocene era, c. 13,000 years ago.

Early researchers speculated that Inca and pre-Inca farming techniques produced the anomalous patterns on the ground around Lake Titicaca, especially in the horizontal terracing found surrounding the lake itself. However, the altitude of the Bolivian high plain presents several problems with a farming related explanation for the majority of the geoglyphs in the region.

At an average of 12,500 feet above sea level, most of the shapes and patterns are located in areas that have not been conducive for growing crops for the last 10,000 years. Their creation would have required an immense workforce laboring for hundreds of years in such thin air that altitude sickness was a real danger... literally, a super human effort. Additionally, recent high-resolution satellite images suggest that most of the features are characteristic of religious and ritualistic forms of pre-Incan art. They may even represent a sophisticated yet unknown form of communication.

The Nazca lines in Peru are perhaps one of the closest analogues to the geoglyphs at Titicaca. Both the Nazca lines and the Titicaca geoglyphs seem to embody a system of thought unlike any in modern times. Their exact purpose and method of construction remains unclear. However, many of the geoglyphs of Lake Titicaca were created by whole scale excavation of entire mountainsides at altitudes of over 14,000 feet above sea level where as the Nazca lines were etched superficially into the desert at low altitude near the Pacific coast.

Because of the unprecedented effort and resources nessesary for the creation of the patterns around Titicaca, they must have conveyed incredible significance in the minds of their builders. In our time they exist as one of the greatest remnants of any ancient civilization… a civilization that up until now, has been overlooked. In this light these newly discovered geoglyphs most certainly warrant further serious scientific study.

Funny thing is, when I did a google search there were a few websites who reported this but none of the mainstream media outlets seem to have picked up the story (I got this quote from officialdisclosure.com) - really only one of two conclusions one could reach from that fact.

Partly truth and partly fiction

Taking every wrong direction on his lonely way back home

Post subject: Re: Oldest City Ever Found
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:21 pm 
Superstar Contributor

And I will choose the conspiracy theorist path. I'm sorry, but you can't tell me that this isn't important. ANY ancient city that has been found throughout the years has been investigated. There is always some new outlet that has nothing better to report on. I think it's just another rung on the ladder of pure truth. That is the only thing separating the Illuminati from common people. Knowledge. It has been distorted and manipulated over time, so that no-one would trace it, and therefore was privy only to an elite few. And especially with the intrigue of circles and patterns, and being the oldest city ever found. COME ON, you actually believe that there is nothing for the mainstream media to be concerned with.. I don't buy it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:01 pm 
2012 Forum Newbie

About the altitude you have to read Charles Hapgood theory of the shifting poles and the changes of altitudes of certain parts of the world including the South american Andes.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:03 am 
Superstar Contributor

Also another thought. That was on Google Earth correct? When they compiled all of the different satellite images that make up the GE globe, nobody noticed this? Wow, if things are being overlooked that easily, makes me want to strap on my Indiana Jones hat and go explorin'. Seriously. WTF is going on anymore. ugh.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:19 am 
Valued 2012er

This is very cool!! I search it in google earth with the data at the botom of the first picture... and WOW!! there is strange formations and lines everywhere in this place!! Also, there is alot of modern farming land there... from what I can observe of it. Large land with small habitation ... just like our crops here.

this is just amazing!!

here is a very interesting document on why and how those "field" would have been made!
http://ccat.sas.upenn.edu/fishweir/arti ... ntzvol.pdf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:19 am 
Valued 2012er

So wait. This is super exciting. I want to go there and see it.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 1:58 pm 
2012 Forum Newbie

Calinova22 wrote:
Also another thought. That was on Google Earth correct? When they compiled all of the different satellite images that make up the GE globe, nobody noticed this? Wow, if things are being overlooked that easily, makes me want to strap on my Indiana Jones hat and go explorin'. Seriously. WTF is going on anymore. ugh.

TeloahQilado wrote:
So wait. This is super exciting. I want to go there and see it

I'm with you! There seems to be a very wide variety of patterns in the geoglyphs... so many possible meanings! And possible correlation with the Nazca lines? (digs out a few books on symbology, dead languages and ancient art)

I... Don't have a Jones hat, but my travelling satchel is similar to his and i have a slightly mouldy tricorne hat if headgear is mandatory!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:43 am 
Very 2012esque

Quote:
Soon after arriving in Peru 23 years ago, I heard about a strange, mystical place in the Andes Mountains, where there were hundreds of stone statues. It was said that Markawasi was ancient, beyond living memory, existing before the Incas, and the pre-Incas. It was related that there were heads and faces of human beings of different races, both male and female, and animal figures unknown on this continent. There were stories of dinosaurs and strange inscriptions carved into the rock; all this on a plateau located 4,000 meters above sea level, less than 100 km from the city of Lima.

There was only one problem: nobody knew how to get there. Finally, after nearly six months of searching, I found a group of students who were willing to guide me to the plateau, and thus began the biggest adventure of my life!

It was not an easy journey. First, one had to ride on a rickety old bus, finally arriving to a tiny village high in the mountains. Here, there were only cheese and potatoes to buy, and only three horses in the whole village, with a few donkeys scattered around. There was no water on the plateau; no hotel, no food, no toilets, no nothing. However, when I finally reached Markawasi, my jaw dropped. My first thought was, “This is one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, and it’s right at the top of the list!”

Daniel Ruzo, the Peruvian scholar and explorer, discovered the immense carved statues on the Markawasi plateau in 1952, after having seen a photo of what the locals called, “Peca Gasha”, a towering carved monument found on an obscure plateau in the district of Huarochiri. The site had been briefly referenced in 1923 by the Peruvian archaeologist, Julio C. Tello, who termed it, “Markawasi”, giving a brief description of the 12th century ruins, without pointing out, however, the massive sculpted statues. Ruzo spent nine summers investigating the sculptures, maintaining that they dated before the oldest pyramids of Egypt; pre-dating, in fact, the Great Flood of Noah. He labeled it a “proto-historical” site, which he claims existed “anterior to the Sumerians and to all three-dimensional sculptures that fill the European museums!”

The figures at Markawasi are uniquely arranged over a tabletop mesa, 4-1/2 km in length, and one km wide. A three-day trek is the minimum required time to visit all the statues; a week would allow a more thorough visit.

Thought this might be an interesting addition to the talk.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:20 pm 
Very 2012esque

nothing dodgy there..just some terraced fields,zoom in,and google a bit further,there are actually a lot around.

The high altitude Titicaca Basin required the development of a distinctive farming technique known as "raised-field" agriculture, which are only found in today's South America as experimental, government-funded projects. In antiquity, they comprised a significant percentage of the agriculture in the region, along with irrigated fields, pasture, terraced fields and cocha (small lake) farming. Artificially raised planting mounds (known as "suka kollus" in the local Aymara language) are separated by canals filled with water. The canals supply moisture for growing crops, but they also absorb heat from solar radiation during the day. This heat is gradually emitted during the bitterly cold nights, providing thermal insulation. Over time, the canals also were used to farm edible fish, and the resulting canal sludge was dredged for fertilizer. The use of various agricultural techniques allowed local communities to grow and population to increase.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiahuanaco

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:15 am 
Very 2012esque

"During the fad for theories suggesting extraterrestrial visits in prehistoric times, pseudoscientists advancing these ideas were fond of ascribing an immense age to Tiwanaku, on the order of 15000 years.[7]"

"7^ Posnansky, Arthur. Tiahuanacu: The Cradle of American Man (4 vol., 1945–58). J. J. Augustin, New York, 1945."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:24 am 
Valued 2012er

So...about that Indy Jones hat. :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:31 pm 
Superstar Contributor

About the altitude, it was likely adjusted by the comet/asteroid strike in the Bermuda triangle that ended the pliestocene. The angle of the strike was in line with this area and the resulting plate movement likely adjusted the altitude of the region. At least it may explain how seahorses got into the lake. Likely a curious soul just carried them up there to see if they'd live....we're good at that. Ever fought kudzu?
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6068&p=74385#p74385

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:57 am 
Valued 2012er

I want to travel to Mexico or South America this winter (Dec or Jan, maybe even Feb) but don't know what ruins to see. Agh! Maybe I will see this, if its allowed...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:23 pm 
2012 Elder & Retired Moderator

That's amazing Pilgrim....we are discovering so much these days.

I've been to Chichen Itza Mayan ruins in Yucatan, Mexico. Good to see also
Tulum in Mexico.

I am wanting to go to Machu Picchu in Peru…..I would think that would be the best between the two.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:49 pm 
Valued 2012er

Oh thank you suz :D
**adds to your invisible karma**

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]