It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:52 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: There are no mayans left
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:52 am 
Very 2012esque

damn, I have seen many , many posts that claim that this or that is real because some wicky wacky mayan priest or maya guy said it was real.

DO NOT BELIEVE IN THEM

I am from yucatan , merida city, (I am lazy so I will answer your questions)

Post subject: Re: There are no mayans left
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:22 pm 
Superstar Contributor

Man if you'll answer my questions I will worship you as the mayans did. First I want to know what you think will happen, and if alot of people from your hometown read up on this stuff. Second, do you think it's some chaotic event, or a shift in the collective unconscious which will cause a political and economic evolution.

--------------------------------------
We are eternal all this pain is an illusion.
Tool - Parabola

Attachments:
Soft Watch at the Moment of First Explosion.JPG
Soft Watch at the Moment of First Explosion.JPG [ 61.34 KiB | Viewed 1203 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:49 pm 
2012 Forum Newbie

AZRAEL wrote:
damn, I have seen many , many posts that claim that this or that is real because some wicky wacky mayan priest or maya guy said it was real.

DO NOT BELIEVE IN THEM

I too am from the Yucatan but maybe a different Yucatan. My eyes are open and where i live I see many many Maya, most of which are just as unsure about 2012 as we are. Sure there are 'wicky wacky' extremists in every religion or spiritual sector on this planet, that you know...don't you? Living here has been a great opportunity to go beyond what is written in books or what is reported in msm and really try to understand what the Maya are thinking....what they are doing with the knowledge that has been passed down from past generations, how they are preparing, what they think will happen, the clues left by 'so n so's' great-great-great grandfather. Pick any religion you want, and tell me what the difference is in believing what those people wrote way back when or believing in some Maya priest that tells of what his people wrote way back when?
So i disagree with you AND agree with you! I disagree because there are lots and lots of Maya left, telling lots and lots of different perspectives, all waiting in anticipation just like lots and lots of us. And i agree, you are lazy. :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:12 pm 
Very 2012esque

:shock: those weren't the answers I was expecting :shock:
Well, the only ancient knowledeges that have been passed down here are; cooking-.......

well, I am no mayan, they don't exist anymore, the only ones that "look" mayan here are the pooor people , most of them are cheaters, liars, robbers, (specialy parrot robbers :cry: . I miss my parrot that was called lorenzo) thats one reason you shouldn't trust them....(well not all of them are like this but sadly a great majority is like this)

Well here the people are mostly catholic fanatics so they don't pay atention to any mayan prohecy, just their church and food, here the peaple prefer to stay away from the truth and believe in wicky wacky magic things. And if not, they are afraid from the truth, so is really sad.

Of course, there are some people , the inteligent ones that investigate and believe in 2012 , Illuminati , and research a lot(if they don't believe in 2012 they just simply have read many books ). But sadly this peaple are the ones that went to school , and work. But this peaple are the most rare to find.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:08 am 
Very 2012esque

So, since the Maya do not exist. Should The National Mayan Council of Guatemala change its name?

You should inform Mr. Alejandro Cirilo Perez Oxlaj (guaacamaya11@yahoo.com), he’s under the impression that HE IS MAYAN..lol..silly man

by the way; Don Alejandro Cirilo Perez Oxlaj is the head of the National Mayan Council of Elders of Guatemala, Day Keeper of the Mayan Calendar, a 13th generation Quiche Mayan High Priest, a Grand Elder of the Continental Council of Elders & Spiritual Guides of the Americas, an international lecturer on Mayan Culture, and he was just appointed Mayan ambassador in Guatemala, where 60 percent of the inhabitants are indigenous, primarily Mayan http://www.indiancountrytoday.com/livin ... 95684.html

I really hope you don’t believe that these people are extinct.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:30 am 
Superstar Contributor

Satan, which deceiveth the whole world; he was cast out into the earth, and his angels cast out with him.
And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ.
------------------
Revelation Chapter 12: Verse 9

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:06 am 
2012 Forum Newbie

AZRAEL wrote:
:shock: those weren't the answers I was expecting :shock:
Well, the only ancient knowledeges that have been passed down here are; cooking-.......

well, I am no mayan, they don't exist anymore, the only ones that "look" mayan here are the pooor people , most of them are cheaters, liars, robbers, (specialy parrot robbers :cry: . I miss my parrot that was called lorenzo) thats one reason you shouldn't trust them....(well not all of them are like this but sadly a great majority is like this)

Well here the people are mostly catholic fanatics so they don't pay atention to any mayan prohecy, just their church and food, here the peaple prefer to stay away from the truth and believe in wicky wacky magic things. And if not, they are afraid from the truth, so is really sad.

Of course, there are some people , the inteligent ones that investigate and believe in 2012 , Illuminati , and research a lot(if they don't believe in 2012 they just simply have read many books ). But sadly this peaple are the ones that went to school , and work. But this peaple are the most rare to find.

What in your opinion constitutes a Native Maya person?

Thats like saying that there aren't anymore Native American Indians left because they don't rain dance around in loin cloths and feathered headdresses or shoot buffalo with bows and arrows! The maya have been suppressed just as the american indians have. That doesnt mean that all American Indians are cheaters liars or robbers... nor are the Maya people. They have developed at their own speed as a race; keeping with them much of their culture, religion, folk lore and yes cooking. That is anything but sad.

In my town most Maya work, it doesnt fall into the conventional western concept of work but they work. You wont find them in local bars slinging whisky or in corporate offices but you will see them on just about every corner selling typical maya clothing, shoes, jewellery, food, pottery and much more. In fact, the majority of 'gringos' that live here prefer them to anyone else for employment, do you think thats because they are all robbers, liers and cheats? Its because we trust them and admire their family values and morals, something lost, imo, in the Mexican and American cultures. Some of the hardest domestic workers here are the Maya.

What is sad is that the government is just now willing to help them because they are coming to realize the Maya are a tourist attraction in themselves, something the government is more than willing to exploit for money.

What are you referring to when you say they are afraid of the truth? What is this 'truth'?

Could you give me an example of the wicky wacky magic things?

Are you one of those intelligent people that have done your own investigating; seeing as though your not Mayan?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:29 am 
Very 2012esque

ONE THINg here in mexico there are no mayans left....

the ones with mayan characteristics aren't mayans they are just poor peaple...

the mayan culture(the cool mayans, that made chichen itza and lived in chichen) was never supresed because it disapeared years before the spanish people came, the mayans that were left when the spanish people came weren't the same...... many knowledges dissapeared when the spanish people came....

And for guatemala...I don´t live in guatemala... but the mayans that lived in guatemala weren't the same mayans that lived in yucatan... those mayans used to kill and sacrifice other mayan populations... the great mayans were the northern ones...

And the same thing aplies here... O.K they are descendants of mayans but they aren't the same!! they do not own the ancient knowledges of the northern mayans , so it is not the same! please.... why the hell they do not know what happened to the northern mayans? why they dissapeared?

ANd we the mexican's aren't the same as the peaple in united states... we didn't kill our native people when the spanish came... the culures merged and as a result the mexican's appeared ....

I know my country... keep asking and I will anwser

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:37 am 
Very 2012esque

actually the mayan tourist atraction ..... THEY AREN'T MAYANS!!

the dances that they perform in the hotels are practiced and....created......(in mexico)

as for the restaurants that use a tipical house and a woman with indigenous caracteristics dressed in tipical costumes....(i hate that job... they treat them like dogs)

the are just people with native caracteristics

the indegeous aren't mayans(Here in Mexico) they just own their characteristics.....

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:24 am 
Site Admin

So, I think what everyone is saying is:

1. There are still lots of people (millions?) in Mexico and Guatemala who are descendants of the Ancient Mayans
2. They have not retained the things that made the Ancient Mayans special
3. No modern Mayan is the real deal, despite what they say

I think it's not as black and white as that. In some places some aspects of the Mayan calendar are still being used. Some "elders" have probably maintained some traditions over the last 500 years. But presumably with 2012 approaching there will be a few charlatans...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:48 pm 
2012 Forum Newbie

super is it true that the mayans used to kill babies to give to the sun as a sacrifise or is that a myth also i dont believe that this is the end for us but what i do believe is it going to be something new well from what i have read.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:31 pm 
Superstar Contributor

AZRAEL wrote:

DO NOT BELIEVE IN THEM

..that is just funny.....but the lazy part?
..cool so ..now rob can kill this "wicky wacky 2012" forum.......feel so much better now. :roll:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]