Post subject: Re: Pizza is a Vegetable
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:13 pm 
Superstar Contributor

Well, I'm gonna start eating more veggies....... lol

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:30 pm 
Superstar Contributor

Seth Meyers reported this on SNL's WEEKEND UPDATE

http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/heather/snls-seth-meyers-mocks-congress-saying-piz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:05 pm 
Superstar Contributor

* Warning * Do NOT eat this stuff, it is very bad for you!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:27 pm 
2012 Elder & Retired Moderator

cute Vision....

I read Americans consume around 350 pizza slices per second....

Nutritionist Keren Gilbert's opinion, pizza is a taboo food. But if you compare it to fish and chips, a beef burrito, or a Big Mac it looks almost like a health food.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:42 pm 
2012 Apologist

The central premise for this is that Pizza would contain a certain (minimal) amount of tomato which would classify it (the pizza) as also a vegetable. I think we can just get rid of the whole idiotic debate by classifying the tomato in it's rightful place as a fruit rather than a vegetable. Just because you put it in salads does not make it a vegetable. We put croutons in salads, why is a crouton not considered a vegetable. There is another flaw in this whole round-robin fiasco. Why is incorporating a vegetable into a bread make the bread substantially a vegetable? If I put a piece of lettuce on my strawberry cheesecake, does that magically make the whole cake a vegetable? If I place 12 green beans on my half gallon tub of chocolate ice cream, am I really snarfing down a salad supreme?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:16 am 
Superstar Contributor

I put chicken in salads, ergo chicken is a vegetable.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:24 am 
Superstar Contributor

an full of salt!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:55 am 
2012 Apologist

if pizza is a vegetable because of the tomatoes, then anything with marinara is a vegetable. Spaghetti is a vegetable. Lasagna is a vegetable. Smack your boyfriend with a bottle of Ragu and he's a vegetable..... especially if you hit his head.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:13 pm 
Superstar Contributor

suz wrote:
cute Vision....

I read Americans consume around 350 pizza slices per second....

Nutritionist Keren Gilbert's opinion, pizza is a taboo food. But if you compare it to fish and chips, a beef burrito, or a Big Mac it looks almost like a health food.

350 pizza slices per second? Per person? Now that's some serious eating, Suz. Now, I don't know about my fellow Americans, but the best I can do is about a slice every 15 minutes, and try to limit it to two slices, although if it has goldfish and extra cheese as toppings I may get in three. It could be that Kobayashi guy and his competitive-eating buddies are wolfing down so much in so little time it's throwing the statistics out of wack a little. Do you think? :lol:

Anyway, speaking to the issue of pizza, the pie is what you want it to be. I mean, this is a food that has no boundaries, no rules of engagement. You can put on it whatever you feel squirrelly to put on it at the time, although I wouldn't recommend squirrell because PETA people like pizza, too, and wouldn't look kindly on anyone sprinkling pieces of the Rocky the Flying Squirrell on their pie. You can put anything your heart desires on a pizza. Everything is fair game. Even "game" is fair game. Pepperoni. Sausage. Onions. Green Peppers. Cabbage. Olives. Snickers bars. CANADIAN bacon. Cheese it up all you want. Be creative. Be innovative. When it comes to pizza, the sky is the limit. (And you can choose anything IN the sky to put on it). Eat it piping hot or put it out of the fridge cold. It's tasty either way. If you drop a slice on the floor, no biggie. Just pick it up, dust it off and slam it down the gullet. Pizza never loses its great taste even if there's a dust ball or two stuck to it. There were times in college when I literally lived off pizza, so I think tribute songs should be written to glorify the precious pie. So many Americans eat pizza because it's UN-American NOT to eat it. (And, by the way, contrary to belief, pizza IS an American-designed dish. ) Hell, Suz, I think they should have a holiday for pizza. "Pizza Pie Day", that's the ticket. On Pizza Pie Eve, some fat guy in a grease-stained suit would drive around wildly and frantically and deliver every wide-eyed child his or her heart's desire----an extra large pepperoni and cheese. When the kiddies woke up the next they would run to the oven or the refrigerator, and voila.......a shiny new Pizza Pie. The kids would start throwing elbows and battling for their share of the pie. (That's pretty much how it is in the USA anyway when it comes to kids and food!) Don't underestimate the power in a Pizza Pie Day, Suz. Besides, we've got a holiday for practically everything here in America. Why not add a new one, "Pizza Pie Day", since it would be one to commemorate the sterling health and nutritional mindset we here in America all share?

Pizza a taboo food? Perish the thought! It's an All-American food. A standard-bearer for health and nutrition. Like the Big Mac and the Dairy Queen Blizzard.

Pizza isn't a vegetable. It just transforms those who eat a whole lot of it into one.

----Quiet Riot