It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:29 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Concrete Canvas Shelter.....
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:17 am 
Superstar Contributor

Before I built my bunker I had been enquiring about concrete canvas shelters and liked what I saw but decided to do it my way instead.
Just recently I have got an e-mail from one of their Design Engineers Phillip Greer about one of their shelters at 50% low cost and already in the US (cheap shipping).
Below is the e-mail he sent me so if you are interested I guess you should contact him.
Also check out the website....

You may remember previously enquiring about our Concrete Canvas Shelters. Since then we have made significant progress, please visit
http://www.concretecanvas.co.uk/
for further information and some new videos of our CCS54’s and our Concrete Cloth products.

I’m writing to make you aware that we are now producing Concrete Canvas Shelters from our UK plant in commercial volumes and also of an opportunity to purchase one of our CCS54 units at discount and also make a significant saving on the delivery cost.

We currently have a CCS54 unit in storage in Torrence, California which is no longer required. This was shipped out for a series of tests that has since been completed within the UK. We would be able to offer a significant discount to the pricing of this shelter and obviously there would be a considerable saving in shipping as opposed to delivery from the UK.

A one off standard CCS54 shelter as described in the attached brochure, will normally retail for in the region of £17’000 (approx $28’000) excluding delivery from the UK.

We are now offering a greater than 50% discount on this particular unit, excluding delivery. The shelter is supplied folded and crated and includes the inflator and deployment equipment. I believe that this would be an excellent opportunity to demonstrate the technology.

If this is of interest to you or if you have any questions, then please do not hesitate to contact me directly on either of the contacts below, or let me know of a convenient time that I may call you.

Many thanks for your time and I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Phillip Greer

Design Engineer
Concrete Canvas Ltd.
++44 (0) 7894520304
++44 (0) 8456801908

Post subject: Re: Concrete Canvas Shelter.....
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:58 am 
Brand New Here

i agree they look amazin it says it is made for 2012 doomsday
read this it is the only protection for 2012

Concrete Canvas Shelters are rapidly deployable hardened shelters that require only water and air for construction. The 16sqm variant can be deployed by 2 people without any training in under 40 minutes and is ready to use in only 12 hours.
The key to CCS is the use of inflation to create a surface that is optimised for compressive loading. This allows thin walled concrete structures to be formed which are both robust and lightweight. CCS consist of a cement impregnated fabric (Concrete Cloth) bonded to the outer surface of a plastic inner which forms a Nissen-Hut shaped structure once inflated.
Concrete Cloth (CC) is a unique proprietary material that has recently been developed by Concrete Canvas. It has a very wide range of applications throughout the building and civil engineering industry.
CC consists of a 3-dimensional fibre matrix containing a specially formulated dry concrete mix. A PVC backing on one surface of the cloth ensures the material is completely waterproof; while hydrophilic fibres on the opposite surface aid hydration by drawing the water into the cement. After hydration, CC hardens to a strong, durable, water proof and fire proof concrete surface.
The material can be hydrated either by spraying or by being fully immersed in water. Once hydrated the material is workable for 2 hours and remains flexible. It can be easily nailed, stapled through or coated with an adhesive, for easy attachment to other surfaces and has good drape characteristics allowing complex surfaces with a double curvatures to be produced.
Once set, the fibres reinforce the concrete, preventing crack propagation and providing a safe plastic failure mode.
you would like to purchase any of our Concrete Canvas Shelter units, please contact Concrete Canvas Ltd. directly, specifying how many units and of which variant you require, at sales@concretecanvas.co.uk or telephone +44 (0)845 6801908.

Post subject: Re: Concrete Canvas Shelter.....
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:17 am 
Superstar Contributor

Sorry!

those tents made out of "platre de Paris" is crap guys and girls!

you wanna be below ground not above and especially something like that in PLAIN view!!!

you won't last 3 minutes with your supplies...I'll drive my truck or tractor trailer to get at your supplies or maybe use a smoke into your air intake!!! :P

kiddin!

get something else fast!