It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:50 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Can your bunker/safe haven survive a tidal wave?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:11 pm 
Valued 2012er

b]Can your bunker/safe haven survive a tidal wave?[/b]
This is one of the believed reason for the pyramid design.
also the posibility of your bunker being submerged for a small period of time should not be dismissed.[/b]

Post subject: Re: Can your bunker/safe haven survive a tidal wave?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:02 pm 
Valued 2012er

I am wondering that too.. was trying to think how we can make it water proof. Enough for the wave to wipe the village out but we survive in the bunker. How do we keep the air vent clear without water filling up the bunker. its all a bit complicated no? yes a thing to make air but thats to expesnive. whats other opition. tube for air. MY thoughts on it is that we have to be able to ride out those waves.. avoid them underground or cave. When i talk to people my friends and family i say just that.. we just need a bunker maybe for a short time.. Just to ride out the waves that may hit and things that may be falling from the sky. Risk .. always a risk.. earth quakes.. My insticts are telling me get underground or cave.. I have lived on instincts alot the last few years and it has not dealt me a bad hand yet. I know the influence of all this 2012 things could be effecting instincts but im going to go ahead and listen anyway..

i have been trying to organize a bunker but its hard. We moved to mountains high here in Spain. That is Step A.. now to find land up here Or do we go to Bulgaria where we have a home and a big yard and nobody gives a flying F%$&$ck what you do in your land and we can dig a bunker fast. I had changed my mind about Bulgaria because the house is only at 200 meters high.. 656 feet high.. north side of mountains tho. When i started to learn about 2012 a few years ago bought the villa for 6000 euros. lots of properties for cheap. Its just that i don´t know if its a good place to be when the going gets tough. Bulgarians can be ruthless. im thinking where do i want to be when the going gets really tough so figured Spain because of family around. (even tho they think im crazy a bit) . but now thinking what the heck. it does not matter where we will be.. People will change. people will be different. Figured it was safer here with family here in Spain. Going back and forth. WE just want a bunker that will last thru the waves that could come and be able to get out of it. So means multiple exits. Anyone interested in properties in Bulgaria where you can get cheap let me know.. here is one for 3000 euros. 800 meters high near the Greek border in Bulgaria. http://www.bulgarianproperties.com/Hous ... djali.html

www.mybulgaria.info
www.daskot.com
http://www.mybulgaria.info/property-in- ... 61147.html

all cheap houses and nobody cares what you do.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:29 pm 
Valued 2012er

Provided the entance is below your living area as a pyramid then an air pocket can form,keeping that air clean is the problem.
A min period of 48hrs allowing time for the waters to receed, is needed longer if you are in a lower land area under 1000ft.
It is very important to be aware of where geo fault lines are even ancient ones, these could be activated by change of poles or massive impact.
Its these problems that are causing the most differcuilties for some people.
We are to use an air scrubber as used in a submarine which can be purchased from a shipyard breakers or dismantlers.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:55 pm 
Superstar Contributor

Try to get high enough elevation to avoid the submersed approach or have a boat on hand. If you try the underwater approach too much can go wrong and there is no back up plan if you find yourself under 100 feet of water and your bunker filling up. Being submersed isn't so difficult to handle it is being submersed under a huge amount of pressure that will cause system failure. Also you are not going to be under a calm pond. It will be a rushing torrent carrying trees, buildings, boulders and from the ancient stories when it receded in many places it will leave many deep feet of sucking muck behind. So if you find you had enough oxygen to survive but you can tell by the pressure the water is gone you will still die trying to get out from under 20 feet of waterlogged mud full of boulders and snapped up tree trunks and the someones house. You will just become an instant archeological exhibit for a couple thousand years from now. From the ancient stories it is possible under the ice pack in Antartica there are some underground chambers they used to hide livestock and such several pole shifts back. If the icepack hasn't destroyed them there may be evidence left.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:12 pm 
Valued 2012er

so what to do people.. seems we are doomed if we do and doomed if we Don´t.. so what.. bunker no bunker.. what? damn.. this is getting harder and harder people..

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:40 pm 
Superstar Contributor

Pyrenees2 wrote:
so what to do people.. seems we are doomed if we do and doomed if we Don´t.. so what.. bunker no bunker.. what? damn.. this is getting harder and harder people..

Que sera sera...

My personal belief is that whatever you might prepare for, you will never be able to counter all possibilities.

If the body dies as a result of whatever may happen in 3 years, then the soul/spirit will live on, so why worry yourself to death (pun intended) over it ???

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:36 pm 
2012 Apologist

Yes, my bunker can survive a tidal wave. Just as my house survived the tsunami in Indonesia by being in LA at the time. :P If you are on high elevation not close to any water, your bunker can survive any tidal wave that doesnt come near it. :lol: But seriously, if you locate your shelter near any body of water and earthquakes or asteroid strikes pushes that body of water on top of your shelter, it would hve to be designed to withstand the pressure of the amount of water on top of it. It also has to be water tight, water proof (electrical systems and gas feeds) and the foundation is solid (some structures tho solid were swept away whole in tsunamis and floods.)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:25 am 
2012 Forum Newbie

I would imagine that it would depend on the height of the tidal wave, and the depth and duration of any flood afterward.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:02 pm 
Valued 2012er

XSlayerALE wrote:
Yes, my bunker can survive a tidal wave. Just as my house survived the tsunami in Indonesia by being in LA at the time. :P

:D

I for one cannot believe people keep asking this same question on this forum. It's so incredibly off-topic and irrelevant.

If a "tsunami" covers your shelter, your worries will be at an end. If you built your shelter below 300 feet above sea level, you picked a bad spot for your shelter.

Otherwise, tsunamis will be the least of your worries if we have a magnetic reversal. You're going to be more concerned with watching your skin boil off at 20,000 rads an hour, especially when you realize that guy was right on Survive2012 about it taking only 3 meters of overhead cover to reduce that to nearly zero. So you guys above ground with your knapsack waiting to surf the tsunami may realize in your final days that was a pretty bad strategy. Even if you had plenty of "consensus" on the Survive2012 forum.

Listen to Tex. The average human being experiences a really powerful sickening sensation when you start to understand that what you really need in this world, is a deep underground shelter. Everything else is mostly off-topic.

P.S. If you can't build a shelter, then you can get better or superior shielding belowground in a parking garage. I was looking at an internal room two stories underground in the building where I work, the walls were a foot thick and the air was filtered in two spirals coming down to you before it then passed through a giant air vent with an upward turn. No fallout can traverse two 300 meter circles in the air, it will settle. If I was away from home somewhere, this is the kind of place I'd take shelter in immediately during a radiological threat. Most people could not afford a million dollar shelter of this standard. Above your head on the surface, people outdoors during a failure of the magnetic shield would be cooking inside their own skins like sausages, while you would be belowground receiving nearly zero rads of anything.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:04 pm 
Brand New Here

that si just amazing. :) .. i thing that we could have a spot http://www.versu.ro/prIgaT-15731.html. tk

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:58 pm 
2012 Forum Newbie

i picked a spot that out of the way of the socalled flood zones of 2012 and it up in the mountains areas and off the beaten path as it is ..so i think i got that one area cover ..it goes down to the 30.ft mark from the surface area..plus another 5.ft of dirt on top of that just in case typle thinking ..with two ship style water tight hatch system in the entance of the shelter tunnel and the entance of the shelter ..along with air vent system have cut off in them to keep water from getting into them and hurting us with a drain value system to let the water drain out into the pit under the units that was installed dureing the install of the shelter in the ground ..

the biggest problem i had was when looking for the land was people kept trying me to go to where there where lakes and steams and other forms of water ways ..it was the hardest thing in the world was for them to get into there head i was not looking for that typle of place.anywhere near a lake or river or creek or steam. when i did finaly find someone who did understand what i was looking for after the third or fourth person i went into see about land in the area. i was looking at ..it was one of the person who heard me tell this person in there office what i was not looking for and they took me out to the place and it perfect for my needs..

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:19 pm 
Valued 2012er

henryo wrote:
i picked a spot that out of the way of the socalled flood zones of 2012 and it up in the mountains areas and off the beaten path as it is ..so i think i got that one area cover ..it goes down to the 30.ft mark from the surface area..plus another 5.ft of dirt on top of that just in case typle thinking ..with two ship style water tight hatch system in the entance of the shelter tunnel and the entance of the shelter ..along with air vent system have cut off in them to keep water from getting into them and hurting us with a drain value system to let the water drain out into the pit under the units that was installed dureing the install of the shelter in the ground ..

the biggest problem i had was when looking for the land was people kept trying me to go to where there where lakes and steams and other forms of water ways ..it was the hardest thing in the world was for them to get into there head i was not looking for that typle of place.anywhere near a lake or river or creek or steam. when i did finaly find someone who did understand what i was looking for after the third or fourth person i went into see about land in the area. i was looking at ..it was one of the person who heard me tell this person in there office what i was not looking for and they took me out to the place and it perfect for my needs..

You have given it a lot of thought well done many people are building them in their back yard /garden.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:32 pm 
Superstar Contributor

hillchaser62 wrote:
b]This is one of the believed reason for the pyramid design.[/b]

I have thought about the possibility that the pyramids were in fact a survival "ark" made by the egyptians to survive a giant worldwide flood. I thought I was the only one who had thought of this, but apparently not? Is there an article or maybe a thread on the forums here regarding this idea that you know of?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:18 pm 
2012 Apologist

Well it seems to me that if you happen to have an underground bunker that is close to the water and a tidal wave hits, it needs to be able to support the weight of the water for as long as the water is directly above the structure. So the stresses can be calculated if you take into consideration what the square footage above your bunker will be, consider that a cubic foot of water is approximately 62.5 pounds, so you will have to estimate the depth of the tidal wave (or tsunami) will be and for how long will the water be above it. You can determine the approximate additional weight your support structure must carry (on top of the earth already on top of your bunker) You might also need to determine how much water the soil can soak up.

With these in mind, you can add additional features to make your bunker water tight. Along with that you need to consider your air ventilation intakes, sewage and septic gas outlets, bilge pumping mechanism and water outtake hose. if your interior gets soaked, you will need a strong wet-dry vac, forced air gas dryers and anti-mold chemicals. You should also look into methods to ensure your sewage doesnt back up into your living areas or food storage areas.

If tidal waves reach Hollywood proportions, youre pretty much screwed unless you buried a submarine and even that is not guaranteed. if you use real estimates where tsunamis only reach about 40 feet after a 9 underwater earthquake, then all you need to do is find a site to bury your bunker where you are 50 feet above the nearest water line (or above sea level) Coastal tidal waves (or storm surges) caused by (category 5)storm rarely reach 20 feet above normal on the mainland

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:21 pm 
Superstar Contributor

These ideas are nothing more than doomer cultism at it's worst.