It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:57 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Can your bunker/safe haven survive a tidal wave?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:28 pm 
2012 Apologist

vision-master wrote:
These ideas are nothing more than doomer cultism at it's worst.

I was approaching it more as an engineering problem actually

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:21 am 
Valued 2012er

vision-master wrote:
These ideas are nothing more than doomer cultism at it's worst.

It is better to be prepared and nothing happen, than not be prepared and eveything happen.
Because sooner or later something is going to happen. No one should be condemed for forward planning,
the US learn't this from Pearl Harbour.
We in the UK were prepared for Hitlers ambitions so we survived, alone for over two years.
those with their head up their backside don't deserve to survive.
If there is a volcano and you build your house or city on the side of it and it erupts who's fault is it?
The planners can take some of the blame , but you are mostly to blame for you didn't weigh up the risks.
The same can be said of all people who build and live on flood plains!
Some people are better than others at risk assesment,some of us trust our instincts.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:50 am 
2012 Forum Newbie

XSlayerALE wrote:

If tidal waves reach Hollywood proportions, youre pretty much screwed unless you buried a submarine and even that is not guaranteed. if you use real estimates where tsunamis only reach about 40 feet after a 9 underwater earthquake, then all you need to do is find a site to bury your bunker where you are 50 feet above the nearest water line (or above sea level) Coastal tidal waves (or storm surges) caused by (category 5)storm rarely reach 20 feet above normal on the mainland

Ok, I know that was kinda sarcasm a bit about the submarine, but what a wonderful idea! seriously, what do they do with old ones? do they junk them? that would have everything you need (for so many purposes including electically wired, air system, communication, and plumbing), just a bit of refurbishing and stock up on the perishables, and you are set!! I know its never that easy, and I am sure that most of the equiptment would be stripped, but if you could find one, haul it to your location and bury it...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:57 am 
2012 Forum Newbie

Ok, well, we are looking at approx 550,000 USD for a decommissioned sub. seen as low as 497,000 USD but that one is sold. There has got to be something cheaper, but what about something like an old coast guard boat, burried? still has plumbing, electrical, communications, maybe even some other stuff like medical type room? Just dig out the basic shape, with extra room for concrete around the sides, plop 'er in and pour in stages to reduce pressure. Cover with earth and refurb! You really have the cogs turning on this boat/submarine thing! thanks for the idea!!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:08 pm 
Superstar Contributor

I'm a thumpin, a bible thumpin.... :o can you hear me thumpin, a bible thumpin? :oops:

preach on brother. Only I fear you may be preachin to the choir. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:57 pm 
2012 Forum Newbie

Pyrenees2 wrote:
I am wondering that too.. was trying to think how we can make it water proof. Enough for the wave to wipe the village out but we survive in the bunker. How do we keep the air vent clear without water filling up the bunker. its all a bit complicated no? yes a thing to make air but thats to expesnive. whats other opition. tube for air. MY thoughts on it is that we have to be able to ride out those waves.. avoid them underground or cave. When i talk to people my friends and family i say just that.. we just need a bunker maybe for a short time.. Just to ride out the waves that may hit and things that may be falling from the sky. Risk .. always a risk.. earth quakes.. My insticts are telling me get underground or cave.. I have lived on instincts alot the last few years and it has not dealt me a bad hand yet. I know the influence of all this 2012 things could be effecting instincts but im going to go ahead and listen anyway..

i have been trying to organize a bunker but its hard. We moved to mountains high here in Spain. That is Step A.. now to find land up here Or do we go to Bulgaria where we have a home and a big yard and nobody gives a flying F%$&$ck what you do in your land and we can dig a bunker fast. I had changed my mind about Bulgaria because the house is only at 200 meters high.. 656 feet high.. north side of mountains tho. When i started to learn about 2012 a few years ago bought the villa for 6000 euros. lots of properties for cheap. Its just that i don´t know if its a good place to be when the going gets tough. Bulgarians can be ruthless. im thinking where do i want to be when the going gets really tough so figured Spain because of family around. (even tho they think im crazy a bit) . but now thinking what the heck. it does not matter where we will be.. People will change. people will be different. Figured it was safer here with family here in Spain. Going back and forth. WE just want a bunker that will last thru the waves that could come and be able to get out of it. So means multiple exits. Anyone interested in properties in Bulgaria where you can get cheap let me know.. here is one for 3000 euros. 800 meters high near the Greek border in Bulgaria. http://www.bulgarianproperties.com/Hous ... djali.html

http://www.mybulgaria.info
http://www.daskot.com
http://www.mybulgaria.info/property-in- ... 61147.html

all cheap houses and nobody cares what you do.

I too, have been looking at bulgaria, the properties are very cheap and they can come with a great amount of land, they are very secluded and you're right, no ane cares what you do on the land ! I think this is a place where we should be looking at with more interest. Does anyone have any bad point about a bunker in the bulgarian mountains ? i have yet to get any feedback on this topic ? With the prices being as cheap as they are for land, i think this place is a great oppurtunity for the everyday person who doesent have millions to increase their chances of survival.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:10 pm 
Valued 2012er

Seriously, I can't believe the kind of idiocy people post to this site.

No, seriously.

No sarcasm.

I can't believe how idiotic some of the stuff is that is posted to this site.

No, seriously.

I can't friggin' believe some of it.

I feel like the astronaut at the end of "2001:A Space Odyssey" when he is staring down the lightspeed tunnel. It's like I'm approaching the critical mass of zenlike idiocy on a tachyon wave.

These guys are talking about waterproofing underground shelters in case a tsunami covers them.

No, seriously. :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:11 pm 
Valued 2012er

No, but really.

I can't believe some of this stuff.

:cry:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:13 pm 
Valued 2012er

I want to bring back the people planning to build submarines and hide under the polar ice cap.

Can we get some of those people back?

No, but seriously. :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:29 pm 
Superstar Contributor

Texas Arcane wrote:
Seriously, I can't believe the kind of idiocy people post to this site.
No, seriously.
No sarcasm.
These guys are talking about waterproofing underground shelters in case a tsunami covers them.

I can't believe the insensitive condescending uninformed responses people post to this site either.
Not only is your response rude, but your assuming what they are talking about is impossible.
In fact there are former US missile sites that have been remodeled with condos inside, that are selling like hotcakes...and these silos are tsunami proof (can remain underwater for up to 2 days) and fireproof, in case the earth above is getting scorched.
So not only is this possible, but it's already been done for a future survival bunker.

Seriously, no sarcasm...maybe you should think before you speak Texas. No, seriously.