It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:50 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: I will disprove the existence of Planet X
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 11:04 am 
Offline
2012 Elder & Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:07 am
Posts: 5242
Location: Paeroa, New Zealand
1111:1111 wrote:
Why do leaves change color in the Fall. They change red, orange and yellow. Not because they are dead, but because red, yellow, and orange chlorophyll is more resistant to cold weather than green chlorophyll, thus trees utilize that type of chlorophyll to photosynthesize. So...


If the type of chlorophyll depends on the brightness of the light, or the heat the light is emitting, then the color of the chlorophyll will need to change colors. Depending on the color of chlorophyll from the light spectrum will determine how much light intensity is hitting the leaves. Blue chlorophyll absorbs the most intense light. So I would think that plants would be blue in order to process higher light intensity based on scientific fact. If the sun gets brighter, the bio molecule chlorophyll will NOT remain green.

Leaves appear green because they reflect that spectrum of light. Plants use the red spectrum of light in seed germination, and the blue spectrum in plant growth, hence the use of red - blue LED setups in hydroponics.

_________________
"Catfood or Wormfood - The untold story of Schrödinger's cat" - coming to a bookstore near you, as soon as I write it ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I will disprove the existence of Planet X
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 11:55 am 
Offline
Superstar Contributor
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:26 pm
Posts: 721
Location: Colorado
TruthHurts wrote:

You can say you disagree with me, but you can't logically attempt to make someone believe they're wrong unless you have a reason you can present to them. People misconstruing the concept and overusing it does not nullify its existence. You are using lack of evidence as the basis for your argument. You should form a religion. :lol:

And you're right. I think it is a ridiculous claim and I can't be bothered researching it for myself. That doesn't mean you are intellectually infallible and don't need to support your own claims.


So wouldn't your statement of "People misconstruing the concept and overusing it does not nullify its existence" hold true for the existence of Planet X? :wink:
And regarding your statement of "You are using lack of evidence as the basis for your argument. You should form a religion" hold true for your being able to DISPROVE the existence of Planet X. What's your religion called? Because last time I checked no 1 man standing on the Earth has the ability to prove or disprove with certainty the existence of a brown dwarf star billions of miles away from Earth. Given what little we knew of astrology 100 years ago, and what little we had learned 50 years later, I think it's safe enough to assume that we still know very little about the universe's mysteries, and that you certainly don't have all the answers to what is and isn't out there. Saying you can disprove the existence of Planet X is akin to saying Earth will never be struck by another meteor because I have mathematically calculated all possible trajectories of all possible objects in our solar system and concluded that none will hit us in the future. ABSURD.

So for you to say you can easily disprove any Planet X theory using some simple math is beyond absurd. Chances are we can't even see the star your referring to, and if we have, very few people on this planet would know of it's true existence and location. Otherwise it's all just speculation from person to person on what's out there, or isn't out there :wink: , and whether that has any effect on Earth.
Kind of like planets orbiting around distant stars. First it was an idea, and now we assume there is a planet orbiting a star because of a "wobble effect", and we still have yet to actually SEE a distant planet in another star system. Yet science accepts those to be planets. Could that theory be wrong? yes. So you cannot assume you could disprove every single theory or opinion of other users on this forum by some simple math that would disprove a trajectory of an object in space.
Do you realize that just using mathematics there is no reason you couldn't prove the existence of Planet X just as easily as you could disprove it. Because mathematically speaking....it could exist.

_________________
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." -A. Einstein


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I will disprove the existence of Planet X
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 11:58 am 
Offline
2012 Elder & Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:07 am
Posts: 5242
Location: Paeroa, New Zealand
TruthHurts wrote:
OpalOwl wrote:
Those of us who are sensitive to emotional environmental energy around us have been having issues with it lately. I've been on edge, have had random headaches and have been really touchy.


There is no such thing as 'environmental energy.' It's the same as spirit healers, auras, psychics, the power of prayer, or religion. I say this honestly, please see a psychiatrist.

I beg to differ, although of course, it depends on how you define "environment". A quick look through day to day crime reports indicates an increase in aggressive behaviour (as a quick guide to rabble-rousers, never try to get a riot started while it's raining :D ) over hot humid periods. Here's some more information if your interested...
Quote:
http://www.ciesin.columbia.edu/docs/001-338/001-338.html
...The importance of determining the role of weather in human health cannot be understated. Reports of large increases in mortality during heat and cold waves are commonplace; for example, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) estimated that 1,327 fatalities in the United States were directly attributed to the 1980 heat wave; fatalities in Missouri alone accounted for over 25% of the total excess deaths (U.S. Department of Commerce, 1980). During a heat wave in 1963, more than 4,600 deaths above a computed mean occurred in June and July in the eastern United States (Schuman et al., 1964). The impact of weather on human well-being goes beyond mortality; even birth rates and sperm counts appear to be affected by meteorological phenomena (C alot and Blayo, 1982; Tjoa et al., 1982; White, 1985).

This report will concentrate on the effects of weather upon human mortality. However, there are numerous other impacts of weather on the general health of the population, including morbidity, short-term changes in mood, emotional well-being, and aberrations from normal behavior. For example, asthma attacks, many of which occur from inhalation of airborne agents such as spores and molds, appear to be related to various meteorological variables (White, 1985). Goldstein (1980) found that clusters of attacks are preceded by the passage of a cold front followed by a high pressure system. Morbidity attributed to pneumonia, influenza, bronchitis, and probably many other illnesses is also weather-related (White, 1985).

In addition, several atmospheric phenomena that are indirectly related to weather and might have an impact on mortality (the most notable being atmospheric pollutants and pollen concentrations) are not included in this review. A partial annotated bibliogr aphy of pollen concentration is presently available (Kalkstein and Robeson, 1984), but there is little research comparing weather/pollen relationships to human health. Meteorologic conditions exert a large influence on pollution concentrations and dispers ion and they also affect the impact of pollution on mortality and morbidity. Much of the literature on this topic has already been summarized (Stern, 1977)....

Quote:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/how-the-moon-rules-your-life-433071.html
...While scientists have been trying to prove for some time that the Moon does exert an effect, what has not been established is why. Scientists have until now examined the theory that the Moon triggers changes through its gravitational pull. But the latest research points to an effect on people's hormones. "The lunar cycle has an impact on human reproduction, in particular fertility, menstruation and birth rate. Other events associated with human behaviour, such as traffic accidents, crimes, and suicides, appeared to be influenced by the lunar cycle,'' said Dr Michael Zimecki of the Polish Academy of Sciences.

"Although the exact mechanism of the Moon's influence on humans and animals awaits further exploration, knowledge of this kind of biorhythm may be helpful in police surveillance and medical practice,'' he said.

The researchers also found links between the lunar cycle and the likelihood of people being admitted to hospital with heart or bladder problems and with diarrhoea. The menstrual cycle, fertility, spontaneous abortions and thyroid disease were also affected. Just how the Moon could have an effect needs further research. Dr Zimecki suggests that it may be the effect of the Moon's gravity on immune systems, hormones and steroids....

_________________
"Catfood or Wormfood - The untold story of Schrödinger's cat" - coming to a bookstore near you, as soon as I write it ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I will disprove the existence of Planet X
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:01 am 
Offline
Valued 2012er

Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:03 am
Posts: 249
This is an interesting vid (proving) the existence of planet X using google sky as his reference. The bit they blocked out of google sky, remember. believe it or not??????????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHMKFX5o ... r_embedded


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I will disprove the existence of Planet X
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:03 pm 
Offline
Superstar Contributor
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:57 pm
Posts: 2438
Location: Putting for an Eagle on the 18th green
TruthHurts wrote:
gypsywitch wrote:
this forum has incredibly intelligent people among them. And perhaps you are intellectually inferior if you haven't read enough to understand that basic fact.


This has not been demonstrated to me. Perhaps instead of saying 'you are wrong' you should provide a little evidence?


gypsywitch wrote:
show some respect to the people of this forum, please. You have yet to earn ours.


and you have yet to earn mine.


gypsywitch wrote:
I have already lost time in my life that I will never get back again, because of reading your posts.


Because your time is such a precious commodity...





TruthHurts, just change the name of Planet X to COMET X because, after all, not everyone agrees on what kind of celestrial body this was supposed to be. Now, I'm no astrophysicist, no astronomer, not even a good mathemitizer, but I can read, and read quite well, and from what I'm reading there's a nasty ole Comet named Elenin approaching the Earth at a nice pace, and it even has noted scientists, NASA, and even our unflappable Obama Administration somewhat concerned, so please, PLEASE dissprove the existence of........Comet X. And, by the way, I'm one of those hardcore skeptics myself.

_________________
Bang your head.
Metal health will drive you mad.

----Quiet Riot


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I will disprove the existence of Planet X
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:53 pm 
Offline
Superstar Contributor
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:56 pm
Posts: 1024
Location: Northern ;-)
Even though this is an older post and this individual may no longer be here to defend him/her self, I'm going to reply a short truth here for anyone who's interested. Anybody can crunch all the numbers they want. Anyone can gather all the top minds in science and astronomy they can. Argue any theories they wish to. But nobody, and i mean NO ONE can disprove this things existence. If someone says they can disprove it, their lying to you. If someone just says or believes that it doesn't exist, do not follow! No one can disprove its existence any more than anyone can prove its existence. There is however enough clues from the past that indicate that there may be something out there and it may come this way. Do you know what this means? This question leads to a very sobering thought. Keep an open mind because this thing hasn't been proven or disproven. Truthhurts doesn't it! PEACE

_________________
Wherever the truth can be found is where i would like to be.
Unfortunately, there aren't to many places i would like to be.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered withphp BB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 php BB Group