It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:27 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: new UK survival network.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:51 pm 
Brand New Here

Hi folks this is my first post on this forum but i am not new to the idea of 2012 and first became interested in the subject when my Tai ji/fa jing instructer introduced me to it at the age of 15 (i a m 32 now) i have been researching since.

i have been thinking very carefully about what i think may happen and while i dont nessicarily agree with the tsunami/pole shift/end of the world theory i want to be prepared for every eventuality (i personly belive that 2012 will be the start of a new age that will change the human race as we know it into something different and possably more advanced but i think think that only those that are prepared will survive the transition).

basicaly as many of you know the uk has many disadvantages in regards to to isolation and geogrophy should the worst happen.
as such i think we need to pool our resources to make sure that we are in better position to survive the change.

I am based in london (i Know the worst place you could possably be) but i dont intend on being there during dec 2012 unless i have a major survival plan in place.
i would also like to have a plan in place just in case the changes are not instantant (they probably wont be).

i suggest that we set up a uk survival network with as many members as possable.
in the event of a crisis there will be safety in small groups as we will need a broad range of skills to help us survive.
we will not be able to survive long term with a "look out for number 1 attitude"

what i suggest is this.
we set up the group in cells.
as in by area.
so we have a london cell, a glasgow cell, manchester,etc etc.
the idea is that the local cells have an emergancy plan in place should something happen.
i.e. we find local bunkers and safe houses that w can use ride out the possable storm with the combined resources of the group.
only memebers of the group would have access to the resources unless someone had particular skills that were usefull to the cell as whole.
once the initial disaster or threat is over the cells can then meet up with idea of setting up a county wide survival colony.
it may be that the milatary or other factions have tried to grasp domination of the resouces but if we have set up an organised cell network we would have the advantage of numbers.
we could then maybe have a contact system in place with other international survival projects with idea of re establishing civilisation (or maybe resistance)

there problems that come with group survival but i think advantages out weigh the problems.

This is just an idea at the moment but i would like to hear other peoples thoughts on the matter.

there will be many people who just cant up and leave the uk there will also be many people related to cell members who wont want to except the possability of 2012.
of course these should be thought of as shadow members and ther skills included in any planning.
children would be welcome and indeed encouraged as the human race will need young people to continue the genetic lines.

there are some good points to the uk as well as bad points and i think we have good chance at survival if we pool our resouces.
by just trying to go it alone in small family groups we will be screwed.
there is safetky and streangth in numbers.

any ideas welcome,

J.

Post subject: Re: new UK survival network.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:05 pm 
Superstar Contributor

Heya Joel, fellow UKer here. I'm from near Norwich, so pretty close... however, I'm moving to Preston (near Blackpool) in a month or two. I think the whole idea of a 'safety net' of where people are etc is a great idea! There are many UKers here from London, so you're not alone. Welcome btw!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:12 am 
Brand New Here

Thanks for the welcome GI joe,

i am very serious about this as so far i see a lot of talk but not much action (especialy in the uk).
one of the problems may be that induvidualy people dont have the finances and reasources to to get an active plan together.
together we can get past that by pooling our resources and knowlege.

we will need people with multiple skills not just basic survival and combat training.
we will need people with knowlege of medicine,herb and plant lore,electronic skills, teachers (for the kids),practical skills such as woodworking and building,engineers,physicists,pilots,hydroponics experts etc etc
candidates should be included on there practical skills not just physical ability,s as someone may be a genius but be in a wheel chair.
we need to take to this account and judge everyone on there own merits.

the groups will have to be set up soon as we dont have much time and our government is not going to help.
it may well be that the government wants a large portian of the population to be wiped out as a means of population control.
all the finest minds have allready been withdrawn from sociaty allready anyway and will be safe and sound on government ark ships.

its up to us to save our own skins and we can not do that alone.

i also suggest the groups should be sized acording to the city it is related to and the reasources of that city.
for example the london cell could have as many as 500 people but the hereford cell would probably have only 50 or so.

anyone interested in this pm me and i will start putting a list together of those interested.
the second step would be local meetings.

Joel.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:13 am 
Site Admin

Cells is definitely the way to go. Keep them small and numerous. Work out post-SHTF communications - a hand-cranked short wave radio should work regardless of what happens.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:47 am 
2012 Forum Newbie

Hi Joel
I agree with your sentiments 100%. The time is now. Not time for further discussions of 'what if?', etc, but time for action. Those who KNOW they need to act now feel the Leading growing stronger within them, pulling them forward towards action. There are those like yourself, and me, and a few others on this site who have been chosen to initiate action and to 'shepherd' the Gathering of like-minded people, because only those with the Knowledge and the wherewithal are going to get through this - and we NEED to get moving right now without delay. And I also need to say that those who KNOW they have a role to play simply 'know' it and should start acting on it right now without further self-doubt or self-questioning - everyone else can scoff at that, but it doesn't matter one bit; I suggest that we pay no further heed to scoffers and simply get on with what we feel powerfully motivated to do.
I've been working on a full plan for an operational network (the 2012 Group) for years, so I'm very keen now to begin discussing this with seriously likeminded others in the UK. There are a few relatively safe places here where we could set-up small intentional communities - i.e. 5 to 12 people living together self-sufficiently in preparation for the 2011/2012 margin - to where other scattered members of the network could escape. We need to milk the system as much as we can in the meantime - i.e. forming a legitimate co-op so that we can rent rural property as a group (as an interim measure) while we apply for funding to buy land/property (it's all realistic and do-able) - we needn't worry about paying back loans etc after 2012! We need to pursue several stages of development to solidify the Group and network so it's ready/operational by the end of 2010, because after that time things in the UK are going to rapidly decline in terms of restrictions imposed on the public, police State, etc, etc. If you're not ready/prepared to make the necessary commitment towards the network then you'll have to make do at home - this is serious and it's time to stop prevaricating. Not everyone will need to uproot to form the core groups in 2009/10; only a 'hardcore' of members will be able/willing to do so - the majority of the membership will stay home until they need to move out to the safe-groups in 2011.
I suggest that all those genuinely and seriously committed to the idea of joining a mutually co-operative UK survival network look in their diary now and decide on a suitable date for a group meeting to discuss furthering our plans. I have a great deal to discuss and to put into motion - it will only take a handful of genuine members to form the core to get things moving.
I can arrange full-day group meetings at short notice either in Berwick-upon-Tweed, Alnmouth, or Warkworth that will cost attendees about £5.00 each for room/kitchen hire - Newcastle upon Tyne is also possible; however the costs will be much higher (i.e. £35 minimum each). We need to get together a.s.a.p. to begin thrashing out our next steps face-to-face, so I suggest that all those interested send me a message/email with a few dates when they could attend, plus their chosen location from the above places. I will then book the space we need, tell you the date(s), and wait for you to arrive; after the initial meetings you can decide to either formally join our co-op, or go try something else.
We need to be brave - face it - if you live down South and can't make it to the North to discuss this then you may as well stay home and cross your fingers, because when the time comes the safest places to try and survive will be in the North so we need to base our operations here; the South will rapidly become a no-go area after mid-2010 due to government/society even before the cataclysm comes. Think about it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:24 am 
Brand New Here

hi all, i have been looking in to 2012 for about a year now and i agree somthing needs to be done. and i am very interested in your idea , ive been looking for uk survial groups for a while now and found nothing so i am eager to start one and get to work. i am also moving to preston in september so GI joe you will have to keep in touch.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:03 pm 
Very 2012esque

Hi

This is my first post.

Iam from Clacton in Essex which is right by the sea.
Are we going to be covered by water?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:47 pm 
2012 Elder

I have tried to get people to meet with no success. It seems many want to talk the talk but not walk the walk. I think your idea is a good one. Count me in.
Chrissy from West Yorkshire

ps I agree about trying to get as many skills on board as possible. But some may not have immediately obvious skills. Would these people be classed as 'dead wood' and ruled out?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:37 pm 
2012 Forum Newbie

Realiistically we would need a broad spread of practical people with a great deal of time and a fair bit of money to make any long term survival viable.

You need those with readily transferrable skills in Medicine, animal husbandry and, just as importantly, combat.

I get the sense that a lot of people who post on these forums are dreamers and fantasists who have watched too many films like Deep Impact and The Day After Tomorrow and imagine themselves living on a mountaintop or in a well lit and stocked bunker until its OK to come out. Putting a few cans of Beans under the stairs and getting some extra batteries in will not be enough I'm afraid. Also when the time comes the only person you will really be able to rely on is yourself. I doubt very much that building a community of like minded individuals on the internet is going to attract the spread of people you would need. I reckon you are best served recruiting from those you already know or from contacts known to you. At very least this will allow you to target the skills you lack and eliminate the deadwood that an open group would attract.

I do believe that there is something looming for us all which will test those left to the limit and beyond. This calls for clarity and know how and means huge amounts of preparation if the ambition is survive beyond a few weeks or months.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:47 pm 
Brand New Here

I am an engineer and have been exploring this subject for a number of years now , this is the right idea for our survival. I hope it doesnt happen but lets get prepared for the worst. We should get a meeting planned for end of 2009. The world cant continue this way its being destroyed.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:48 am 
Very 2012esque

I'm from the blackburn area of the uk and would be happy to meet other like minded people to set up groups/cells to help each other survive 2012. I'm ex military ( Royal Engineers ) and could bring some knowledge to a group/cell. I belive in loyalty and team work. Im a roofer/multiskilled tradesman these days and have a good understanding of construction works also in how to set up defences. We have to work together on this, team work is essential!!! everybodys equal. If anybodys intrested in setting up a group/cell please contact me thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:50 am 
Very 2012esque

Every man for him/her self then!! :(

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:23 pm 
"The Boar" (Moderator)

lip wrote:
Every man for him/her self then!! :(

There is something about the British psyche, where by they feel no need to prepare for anything in life other than the 'now'. Put it down to the British simply just being miserable fookers, who only look out for themselves and are not as family orientated as other countries, whereby the idea of a close family unit is not that bigger deal to them. You only have to look at neighbours who live next door, to understand that the typical reserved Brit really could not care less about anyone other than himself. Unity in the UK died after WWII and with it saw the breakdown in social interaction, as class distinction became a wider gap with more people jumping on the capitalist tread mill, which demanded no time for family and caring about those close by.

British people have mostly lost the will to live in a country that was once a unified country and this is exemplified everyday when saying 'good morning' to a stranger gets frowned upon. Of course this is not Britain throughout and there are examples of unity the further North of England you go & into Scotland and also in some British ethnic groups, all of which still hold family traditions. But getting a clear answer out of an Englishman is a tiresome and endless task and one in which you would do better getting a straight answer out of your dog.

I have to give credit to the Americans here where it’s due, they still hold many family values which have long since disappeared in Britain. Forming a community and talking about survival on this forum with fellow Brits, makes constipation appear like a runny stool. You’d be far better off imo, investing in a US survival setup, where they take survival seriously - for any Brits here who are not so reserved that their only concern is extroverted pretentious snobbery.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:58 pm 
Very 2012esque

Well Shu you pretty much blew me away there. But thinking about what you said does ring true. I always said the era i'd would have most liked to have lived would have been in ww2 where my grandparents told me of the sense of community there was. You do find that community spirt alive and well in this country but its the asian community who practice this and i sadly say we dont!. I go to church every week and help out were needed im a big family man im not perfect by all means and i will still offer my self to those who want survival and help, its who i am its how i was brought up from my early years through military service till now. Help each other. Thankyou for pointing out shu what an individualistic country i live in. Im off to dig a big hole in my garden :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:08 pm 
Very 2012esque

Shu may i ask where your from?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next