It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:59 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Israel Cuts Ties With UN Human Rights Council..
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:10 pm 
2012 Apologist

I pretty much picture Israel as a really vicious and mean junkyard dog. People go into its territory and they have been known to be ripped into shreds.

....and yet they still keep coming. They poke at it thru the fence. They keep provoking it and they talk amongst themselves on how to get rid of it. and they have the audacity to act surprised when it digs under the fence to attack them.

Yeah. I really think a mean junkyard dog is bad, but if you leave it alone, it doesnt even bark.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:14 pm 
Superstar Contributor

The Devil's blog:
http://torrentslash.blogspot.com.au/

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:27 pm 
2012 Elder & Retired Moderator

Israel is also considering sanctions against the Palestinian Authority in response to the human rights council decision. I guess they are fed up. They do have the military might to call the shots....just like any other country that has nuclear weapons. If everyone can't agree on a solution to their problems then the one that holds all the cards calls the shots.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:16 pm 
Very 2012esque

All I ask is that people read and understand to full modern history of that region.

After WW II the Jews from Europe (those that had survived the Nazis) poured into Palestine. They forced the people there out of their properties, some of whom had owned that property for many generations, by gun point and bombs.

An analogy: If you have a property that you family has owned for generations and, one day you come home and find some-one else occupying you place, what do you do? Do you just say oh well, how sad, never mind? Or do you take what is necessary steps to eject them? I feel sure that you would out them smartly.

That, dear friends, is how Israel came into being. Can you blame the Palestinians for fighting back? They are treated abysmally in their own country. The Jews drove the people off the land and took it over. They used terrorism to do that. They were the ones who invented the car bomb. Ariel Sharon's father commandeered an ambulance and packed it with explosives and used it to destroy the Army Hospital in Tel Aviv (1947). 165 people, Jews, Arabs, Palestinians and army personel were killed indiscriminately that day. What about the Jews who bombed a school? Aren't they terrorists? It's the height of hypocrisy for them to call Palestinians "Terrorists" after all the Israelis taught the Palestinians well.

Israel has nukes and wouldn't hesitate to use them. That is what is so dangerous . and if WW III starts, it will be there.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:23 pm 

And the UN supported this.....which was wrong.

I have sympathies for the Palestinian people.....I have sympathies for our Native Americans.....I have sympathies for the Aborigine in Australia.....I have sympathies for the Africans, and the slaves, and for all the people that had their land and rights taken by otheres.....but we have to let the past go and move on and try to get along. They can't seem to do that.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:56 pm 
2012 Elder

What Rockhopper said.

Think about someone showing up at your door and telling you your family farm now belongs to someone else - goodbye.

How long will it take for you to "get over that" and "learn to live with it" and "make friends with the new owners" while your entire family is crammed into a tiny apartment in a refugee zone?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:29 am 
Superstar Contributor

What about the countries that created the modern state of Israel? Great Britain, USA, France, Italy, Soviet Union, etc.
They are as guilty as Israel.
I am all for stopping the settlements taking more and more land from the Palestinians, but this is such a complicated story.
I'm not a Muslim and I'm not a Jew, I don't belong to any religious group and situations like this always take me back to the same place: religion is the root of all evil (...ok, and power...and oil...etc).

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:44 am 
Superstar Contributor

the root of all evil is evil
religion is *belief*
life is religion
to be a Jew is to be similar in ideals to a group of people who call themselves Jews
To be a Muslim is to be similar in ideals to a group of people who call themselves Muslim

To be a Policeman is to be similar in ideals to a group of people that call themselves policemen

To be a Footballer is to be similar in ideals to a group of people that call themselves Footballers

You are your life
you are your religion
you are your ideals
you are your beliefs

Israel is a bunch of land, where a bunch of people live in a culture that self generates.
Australia is a bunch of land, where a bunch of people live in a culture that self generates.
There are beautiful birds in Israel, and disgusting slobbering dogs in Australia.

It is all just the ruling elite fighting the ruling elite. Those who have and own everything.
And they exist in every corner of the globe.

And when there was a revolution in France. Some of the poor took control and became as worse as the people they replaced.
So even poor people are as bad, but simply do not have the opportunity to unleash their demons.

The whole world is an f***** mess right down to every individual, who competes to be supreme, and when they are not supreme, they dream of it.

The only, the only thing we can do, is improve ourselves as individuals. Because an improved individual would see the world as it is. Your world. You. The world is only as good as you. As we become better people, the world around us will change. But as we look outside to the world, and how it is wrong all the time, nothing will ever change. Nothing.

The only thing I can change is me. So I work on me. I blame me as much as I can. That is my way, because I realised nothing else works. Outcome. How can we achieve an outcome? Why do we even speak words out of our mouths, unless there is an outcome? What better outcome than to better the person that you have most control of? How can we/I as an individual change this world that wants to war for no reason other than to war? Because nothing will ever change unless we change. Country A will always attack country B, unless we do something about it. So we look to our government and see them failing? Yes? Well how are we failing to be in government? How are we failing to be the person who is in charge, who says no, stop this attack? That is how I think. Because if we just take a commentary back seat to all this, that is how we will always be, but obviously the people taking a back seat seem to know better or we would not be discussing about Israel etc. But what is really the point, unless there is something that is done about it? Because people talked alot about war with Iraq, but it still happened?

The only thing we can do is make people aware that people are nice people everywhere, and it is the ruling elite that keep us all against each other

And this is happening. But what proactive stuff do we do as inviduals!!!!

How can we use the internet to beat those who have put the citizens to war for their own agendas??? how far are you as an indidual prepared to go? And when you are not on the internet, how far are you prepared to go to find love in yourself, so that others can find love in themselves, and win the final battle against yourself, so also against the world that makes us ourselves?

I say to myself, and everyone else.

The Devil's blog:
http://torrentslash.blogspot.com.au/

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:03 am 
Superstar Contributor

Ryan I agree with you wholeheartedly on this:

"The only thing we can do is make people aware that people are nice people everywhere, and it is the ruling elite that keep us all against each other."

Thumbs up to you, my friend!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:23 am 
Very 2012esque

I agree too Ryan.

Just before Churchill got outed and not long before Roosevelt died he had a long discussion with him and Stalin about the Jewish question. He wanted to carve off a parcel of land in Uganda for the Jews to settle. Didn't go down well.

Ships carrying Jewish refugees to different parts of the world after the war were turned back and sent to Palestine.

The UN is not a governing body, it's just a forum where hopefully discussions to avoid war are conducted. It has no real teeth.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:02 pm 

Quote:
What Rockhopper said.

Think about someone showing up at your door and telling you your family farm now belongs to someone else - goodbye.

How long will it take for you to "get over that" and "learn to live with it" and "make friends with the new owners" while your entire family is crammed into a tiny apartment in a refugee zone?
The call now is for all people living now in these lands to live together in love and peace under one country and one flag with equal rights to all its inhabitants irrelevant to their religion, culture, or language. Otherwise, no other solution except the partition into two independent states.

Who was in Israel first, the Jews or Palestinians
Here are 20 conveniently overlooked facts that give some perspective to the current Middle East situation. These were compiled by a Christian university professor..... Takes just 1.5 minutes to read!!!

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/584615/posts

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:54 pm 
2012 Apologist

I like this one

Quote:
. Arab and Jewish refugees: Arabs were not driven out of their homes. Following the UN decision on Partition in 1948, the Arab refugees were encouraged to leave Israel by Arab leaders, promising to purge the land of Jews. They argued that an "Arab presence" would only get in the way of the planned devastation. Sixty-eight percent left without ever seeing an Israeli soldier.

Goes well with this one

Quote:
The Arab nations initiated all five wars and lost. Israel defended itself each time and won.

For historical accuracy, we have to include 2 preemptive strikes made by Israel (one for Iraq and one for Lebanon) which did not turn into a war.