It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:21 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Unemployment Nears Great Depression Numbers
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:54 pm 
Valued 2012er

Well, also take into account durring the last Great Depression of 1929, there were only 122,775,046 people in the USA compaired to the 2000 census of 281,421,906. Im sure it is considerabaly higher today, we will find out next year when they do the 2010 census. (That is if TPTB dont try to do anything stupid first.)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:54 am 
Superstar Contributor

hellooooooooooooooooo there almost double the amout of people on earth right now.

edit sorry above post only read the tital.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:45 pm 
Superstar Contributor

vision-master wrote:
DEPRESSION SPECIAL REPORT Shadow Stats.....

Great Post VM!!!!! :D

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:05 pm 
2012 Forum Newbie

Survivor is right. Those figures are only for people actively drawing unemployment compensation. They don't include anyone whose claim has run out or been denied. Nor do they count anyone who isn't eligible for unemployment for various reasons. That doesn't even begin to count all small business owners who have been run right into the ground because the economy tanked. Or the people who never worked in the first place. These statistics are about on target as a poker game where the cards are marked.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:13 pm 
Superstar Contributor

It's exactly why I keep saying the economy is nowhere near turning the corner. We haven't even stabilized job losses yet, let alone started adding jobs and until we do, the economy will continue to limp along in the toilet! You cannot have a recovery without jobs. :evil:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:14 pm 
Superstar Contributor

survivor727 wrote:
It's exactly why I keep saying the economy is nowhere near turning the corner. We haven't even stabilized job losses yet, let alone started adding jobs and until we do, the economy will continue to limp along in the toilet! You cannot have a recovery without jobs. :evil:

an once the 'recovery' starts, oil prices will skyrocket, only to bring the economy down another notch.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:38 pm 
Superstar Contributor

vision-master wrote:
survivor727 wrote:

an once the 'recovery' starts, oil prices will skyrocket, only to bring the economy down another notch.

It's already happening to an extent. :?
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aLgh1m0Bj2eg

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:14 pm 
Superstar Contributor

Can we say depression with $5 gal gas?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:48 pm 
Superstar Contributor

It's depression already. People just don't get it and don't want to hear it or see it. I guess they figure if they keep believing the bullshit "happy" stories put out by the mainstream media, things will actually, miraculously, improve! :lol:

Here's my question: What the Hell happened to American Common Sense? It seems to me as though we have simply thrown it out the window and we really haven;t seen any since before 1913 when Income Tax was made an unconstitutional law. :evil: You know, we managed to do just fine from 1787 until 1913 without a federal income tax. Yep...we made it just fine for 126 years with no federal income tax. Then we lost our common sense and allowed a "progressive" to force this onto us! :evil:

America, like it or not is a relatively free market economy. There is government interference and in my mind too much, but it is basically a free market. Given that, the importance of every single underpinning of our economy and most other world economies is one thing: a job! :)

A job, enables you to get credit. A job enables you to pay your debt. A job enables you to provide for your family. A job enables you to save for the future. This is where common sense comes in. I have seen a great many economists say that a jobless recovery is no recovery at all. I agree. That's common sense. :)

We are continuing to see unemployment rise month after month across all demographics. We are continuing to see foreclosures set records month after month. Businesses are closing and people getting government assistance and food stamps is setting new records. So what am I missing here????? :?

Yet the handful of whack-job economists who seem to be yelling the loudest keep telling the Administration and the public that things are improving with little catch phrases like: "We're turning the corner" and "We can see the end" and "We are bottoming out." While at the same time they are intentionally not counting those whose unemployment has run out, they have stopped looking fr a job or have simply fallen off the rolls. :evil:

It's almost like they are "pretending" things are getting better and believing their own lies! The Europeans see that the US Economy is in shambles! The Chinese see it...the Russians and even the UN which is now calling to dump the dollar! :evil:

Americans need to wake up and see what's really going on because VM is right. If we start to see a slight uptick in economic activity, oil prices will spike and knock us right back down. The policies of he current administration are going to destroy this country and lead to complete collapse, rioting or worse, People much smarter than me are saying the very same things! :evil:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:51 pm 
Superstar Contributor

Quote:
Yet the handful of whack-job economists who seem to be yelling the loudest keep telling the Administration and the public that things are improving with little catch phrases like: "We're turning the corner" and "We can see the end" and "We are bottoming out." While at the same time they are intentionally not counting those whose unemployment has run out, they have stopped looking fr a job or have simply fallen off the rolls.

The same propaganda spewed after the crash of 1929.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:56 pm 
Superstar Contributor

Was just down by the U or M campus. Everything is bustling as normal. Back to school today...... All those young kids getting an edumacation only to find out - THERE ARE NO JOBS! :roll: