It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:24 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: FEMA Rail Cars... My Personal Experience
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:29 pm 
Superstar Contributor

Back in late July CD mentioned that there was a train yard in Portland, OR (where I am currently living) that is one of the companies building FEMA rail cars for transporting people. Not being employed, I decided to go check it out. I stood outside of a fence and watched some worker building a rail car and noticed they were carrying 4-5 ft sections of 1/2 inch chain into a car where welding was going on inside. I found this odd but do not have a camera to take pictures to show people to see if this is a normal piece of matierial for constructing a rail car. Two days ago, humanlegacy posted a youtube video that is a photo slide show of pictures someone took in Texas. At around the 4 minute mark there are some pictures of rail cars they believed to be FEMA rail cars. I felt a chill go up my spine because they are exactly like the cars I saw being built in Portland a month earlier! Check out the video and let me know what you think. Any rail workers out there that can confirm or deny the uses of cars like this?

Post subject: Re: FEMA Rail Cars... My Personal Experience
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:09 pm 
2012 Elder & Leg-Shortener

These are the Gunderson AutoMax vehicle transport cars. They are a tripple-decker rail car that is used to transport cars and trucks via rail. The chains they weld to the bottom are to hold the cars in place as the train moves, with racheting chain hooks much like flat bed tow trucks use. They have been built here in Portland for decades.

Every picture I have seen with the caption of "FEMA RAILCARS!" has been a normal, Gunderson car, no FEMA or UN markings. They usually have a railroad company insignia. In the pictures in the video you posted, at the 3:50 mark, you can actually see a truck on the top deck of one of the cars if you look closely. And I had to laugh a little when the video says "LOOK, MORE RAILCARS!" and shows regular flat-deck railcars lined up out in the rail yard. :lol: I've seen many of these, and they have nothing to do with FEMA.

Some of the stuff in that video was just grasping at straws. The mail van with plain-clothes people in it? Mail truck drivers in my area aren't usually wearing a uniform. Sometimes they do?

(Sigh) there's this kind of stuff, then there's the kind of stuff that should really scare us. Boxingnun, I don't mean to be a jerk, but the FEMA railcar thing has been re-hashed so many times...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:12 pm 
2012 Elder

Hey, where are the coffins?! :lol: Just kidding... :P

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:16 pm 

You're terrible... :D

Seismic and Volcano Monitoring - Pacific NW
Non-Hybrid Seeds
NOAA

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:19 pm 
Superstar Contributor

No offense Ogmios, I just thought that the chains used to hold down vehicles inside would be thicker than 1/2 inch. I was also ushered away from the train yard by some private security goons after about 15 minutes of standing there. I wasn't doing anything wrong or making a scene or anything. I find that more than a little suspicious. But thanks for setting me straight with your perspective. The more info we share the better off we all are!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:04 pm 
Superstar Contributor

Here is a short video shot by a lady in southern Kansas.

Now here is a theory: What if these cars are made to transport vehicles with people in the vehicles? In a country like America, where so many people can be armed so quickly, if a government were to want to transport people against thier will they would have to do it fast so as to not allow armed "insurgents" the time to stop them. So it would make sense to load people up on busses (remember the white corrections styles busses in the original video I posted) and then load the busses straight onto rail cars so reduce the time needed to move the rail cars. Just a thoery, but let me know what you think.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:09 pm 

Hmmm...Ok, I can see your logic there. I don't know if a bus would actually fit in one of these, as they are designed for three tiers of standard height vehicles, but they could always be modified.

Still, I've gotta say that just because these cars are around, it's not a sign of impending martial law.

Seismic and Volcano Monitoring - Pacific NW
Non-Hybrid Seeds
NOAA

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:43 pm 
Brand New Here

In a country , where so probably the vast majority of people can be armed so promptly, if a government were to need to transport people. rail car storage is the storage of the many cars and this seeing so good because this prefer mpre information about the car rail . this information improve the some knowledge about the Cars.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]