It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:04 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Do we choose our parents....
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:57 am 
2012 Elder & Retired Moderator

Was in another thread and someone said something that made me think....

Do we choose our parents? I think we choose everything....we choose birth and we say yes to our parents...but when we get here we have second thoughts and we think we would never choose these parents. Maybe people choose Cancer, bancrupty, horrible relationships also....we choose what we make active in our vibration. There is no dark switch. Only the light. When you feel like you make bad choices....it's means you're not in alignment with who you really are. If you recognise this the well being is huge and things are always working out for us, to the degree we allow it. Whether we know it or not we are all expanding. We don't have to know about it in order to succeed. If we don't do it while we are alive, this alignment of who we are, we will catch up with it when we die....we can't do it wrong and we can't go back because we know too much.

I hope we all find a way out and into the land of the butterflies.

Post subject: Re: Do we choose our parents....
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:13 am 
2012 Elder

It's a possibility... and I mean that precisely. I think there are all kinds of possibilities and sometimes we choose our situations, including perhaps immediate family members.

I think sometimes the twining bonds us across lives and we keep linking into and out of each others paths.

The key word is, for me, sometimes...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:42 am 
Superstar Contributor

And fluffies :D , can we prove this though ? , yes somewhat , A clinical hypnotist wrote at least two books on his research with patients when they were able to access the happenings and organising of between lives , just got to remember his name (newman or newton or somewhat ) , the amount of couples doing life time after life time together in different ways was amazing in itself , along with other material i also believe we organise much and also from my observations , lsol ps will track down the doctor

I Love You , I Am Sorry , Please Forgive Me , Thank You

We Are

You Is
To Be

All One

I Am

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:08 pm 
Superstar Contributor

yes. we come here to learn a specific lesson in life. After all, a soul is the driver, and our life here is just like another car. Pick wisely

"Don't know what, who, when or where, but It's coming, I can feel it, and it' going to be big, and I intend to live and tell about it"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:35 pm 
Superstar Contributor

Two years ago I would have said ABSOLUTELY! But now, now I'm not sure if we choose them for that specific 'role’ although I do believe we come into a lifetime with people from our past. Thanks to the book Many Minds Many Masters this resonated with me to the core. I think we make an agreement with others during our journey to 'meet up along the way' per se'. I am just not sure we actually are able to choose their specific role in this lifetime. Eg: parents, lovers, siblings, etc. Because if WE chose their role as our parents then wouldn’t we be interfering with their chosen role in this lifetime?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:56 pm 
Superstar Contributor

suz wrote:
Was in another thread and someone said something that made me think....

Do we choose our parents? I think we choose everything....we choose birth and we say yes to our parents...but when we get here we have second thoughts and we think we would never choose these parents. Maybe people choose Cancer, bancrupty, horrible relationships also....we choose what we make active in our vibration. There is no dark switch. Only the light. When you feel like you make bad choices....it's means you're not in alignment with who you really are. If you recognise this the well being is huge and things are always working out for us, to the degree we allow it. Whether we know it or not we are all expanding. We don't have to know about it in order to succeed. If we don't do it while we are alive, this alignment of who we are, we will catch up with it when we die....we can't do it wrong and we can't go back because we know too much.

I hope we all find a way out and into the land of the butterflies.

You are a random shot in the dark......then around the age of 4,5 or 6.....you're body is chosen....."you" chose it.

We just need to define what the "you" is.

jyio frtyure dirtew......dswqrt!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:44 pm 
Superstar Contributor

If this is true, boy, it is yet another of the many knuckleheaded decisions I have made during the course of my "Existence". Right up there with betting my entire paycheck on a worthless race track horse or buying stock in "Blockbuster".

LOL! Of course, I'm just kidding. (If you're reading this Mom, then my excuse is that I was drinking at the time) But seriously, If it WAS within my God-given bailiwick to make such a choice, then THAT was one thing I actually did right because I am exceedingly lucky to have had the two wonderful and nurturing parents that grudgingly called me "Son". If I could pick the ponies or NFL games like I picked my parents, then I could celebrate my winnings every single day.

----Quiet Riot

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:58 pm 
Superstar Contributor

Question: If we do actually CHOOSE our parents, does that mean we choose our STEP PARENTS too knowing far in advance the people we chose were going to need some backup! ????

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:04 pm 
Superstar Contributor

aianawa aianawa nui wrote:
And fluffies :D , can we prove this though ? , yes somewhat , A clinical hypnotist wrote at least two books on his research with patients when they were able to access the happenings and organising of between lives , just got to remember his name (newman or newton or somewhat ) , the amount of couples doing life time after life time together in different ways was amazing in itself , along with other material i also believe we organise much and also from my observations , lsol ps will track down the doctor

Michael newton I think - "A Journey of Souls"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:08 pm 
Superstar Contributor

OhGreekOne wrote:
Question: If we do actually CHOOSE our parents, does that mean we choose our STEP PARENTS too knowing far in advance the people we chose were going to need some backup! ????

Absolutely. I have had a hate/hate relationship with my step mother since I was 8 years old, BUT I have learned so many life lessons because of her.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:17 pm 
Superstar Contributor

captn_rob wrote:
OhGreekOne wrote:

Absolutely. I have had a hate/hate relationship with my step mother since I was 8 years old, BUT I have learned so many life lessons because of her.

I completely understand that Capt'n. I have been lucky - I have a step-father in my life who has so richly added wisdom to my world. I think we choose everyone in our lives, just not sure we get to pick which roles they take on.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:05 pm 
Superstar Contributor

OhGreekOne wrote:

I'm wondering what kind of "backup" you mean. The cops? :shock: Well, if that be the case, and we get to choose the step parents AND the "backup" they need, I choose Andy Griffith and Barney. Might as well throw in Otis and Ernest T, too. We need to balance all the discipline with a little fun. :D

----Quiet Riot

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:11 pm 
Superstar Contributor

Thanks Captn_Rob , lsol

I Love You , I Am Sorry , Please Forgive Me , Thank You

We Are

You Is
To Be

All One

I Am

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:07 am 
Superstar Contributor

Nice post suz. Yeah I think we choose everything before we are born when we are in the astral. Some bureaucrat deity in a suit with a coffee stain on his lapel eyes you briefly over the thin rims of his glasses then glances back down at the sheet in his hand, studying your choices. "Hmm," he says, "I don't think you have the prerequisites from past lives to become a trapeze artists with perfect hair, but that shattered femur to end your career would be exactly what you need to wipe out pretty much all of the karma accumulated from afflicting unnecessary pain onto others when you were that asshole from Sweden back in the 1800s. Really, the energetic patterns line up perfectly." "Is there any way you could swing that?" you ask with fleeting hope in squinted eyes, "cause I really don't want to draw that karma out any longer." "I hear you," Frank says, "I mean it would be easy to just mark you with bad luck for your feet for the next three lives, but the foot section of the petty pain complaint department gets more grief over stubbed toes and ingrown nails than any other body part, and I'm not sure you want to go that route. Some people think it should be all shattered legs and paralysis to spare them all the trouble," Frank says, taking off his glasses delicately, "but I digress..." And so on and so forth.

"Tesla was the electric Jesus."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:54 am 
Superstar Contributor

Don't think we choose our parents but do think whatever Already-Is is DID choose them for us
AND pre-programmed our lifetime for us also.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next