It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:50 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: Tropical Forest Under Alaskan Ice
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:31 am 
2012 Elder

(Someone had this link on a thread on Timebomb, and I don't know who this site belongs to, but if this doesn't scream ancient pole shift, nothing does..)

http://www.datasync.com/~nhawk/nighthawks/Wack_02.html

Forest Under Alaskan Ice

Forest down under... no not in Australia, but under the ice in Alaska. Yep... that's right; actually it is below the ground surface in Alaska.

Though the ground is frozen for 900 feet down from the surface at Prudhoe Bay, everywhere the oil companies drilled around this area they discovered an ancient tropical forest.

The forest was in a frozen state, not a petrified state. Some sources I have read say that this forest is found between 1100 and 1700 feet below the surface, while the source I state below places it between six and seven hundred feet down at Prudhoe Bay.

Prudhoe Bay is an inlet of the Arctic Ocean on the northern coast of Alaska. The bay is closed by ice for much of the year. Prudhoe Bay borders Alaska's petroleum-rich North Slope. The Trans-Alaska Pipeline finds it's beginning here.

While the pipeline was being constructed, Lindsey Williams was a Chaplain to the workers of the Trans-Alaska Pipeline. He eyewitnessed the discovery of the forest down under... I quote from his book.....

There were palm trees, pine trees, and tropical foliage in great profusion. In fact, they found them lapped all over each other, just as though they had fallen in that position. What great catastrophe caused this massive upheaval, and then led to such dramatic changes in the climate? We stress again that everything is frozen--not petrified--and that the whole area has never once thawed since that great catastrophe took place. .......It is interesting to note that tropical ferns have been found at the Antarctic, and the evidence from these two areas, considered together, certainly suggest that there has been a dramatic change from a world wide tropical climate to an Arctic climate within datable times.
The finding of underground tropical forest growth is not hearsay, for I have personally watched these palm trees and other types of tropical plants being brought to the surface. Let me give you two examples. One day I watched as a pine cone was brought up from a well (although not considered tropical, they apparently grew together in historic times), and when we first saw it, it looked exactly as it would look on a young tree today. It was closed, and we put it in an office on the premises of Atlantic Richfield. We simply put it on the desk and left it. The next day we came back and the pine cone had opened up. You could quite clearly see the seeds on the inside of the cone. This was obviously after being in a frozen state, hundreds of feet beneath the surface.
I personally have palm fonds in my home which were brought up from some 700 feet below the surface. Again I would like to make an observation, without necessarily giving an opinion, because I do not regard myself as an expert in this area. I simply want to state that this tropical forest was found between 600 and 800 feet below the surface. The actual base of the perpetually frozen ground is approximately 200 feet below the depth of the frozen tropical forest.

Post subject: Re: Tropical Forest Under Alaskan Ice
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:33 am 
2012 Elder

And then on the same thread, someone followed it up with this one.. Prehistoric Land under the sea.. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/nort ... 532771.stm

By Mike McKimm
Science Correspondent, BBC Northern Ireland

Wednesday, 30 July 2008

It's a landscape no human has even seen. And those who live right beside it had no idea it even existed.

Deep below the sea, off the north coast of Northern Ireland, a dramatic geological mystery has been discovered.

Huge cliffs, vast basins and plateaus, a lake and even rivers have been found. But so far no-one is certain what caused them to end up like this deep under the sea.

The discovery was made when the seabed was being surveyed to update old Admiralty charts, drawn up in the mid-1800s.

Funded by the European Union and backed by the UK's Maritime and Coastguard Agency, a survey vessel has been scanning the seabed along most of the north coast of Ireland, including the seabed north of Rathlin Island.
Marine biologists have been surveying the sea bed

Most of the bottom was largely flat and unremarkable, but as the survey headed east it suddenly came across an unexpected landscape.

For the first time marine biologists could understand what was down there and the scale of it all.

"I'm always very envious of my terrestrial biologist colleagues", said Joe Breen, Head of Aquatic Science with Northern Ireland's new Environment Agency, who has dived the area for years.

"They can go out on land and see where their habitats are. Underwater we've never had that luxury.

"On a dive you can only see about 15 metres so it's like operating in fog. Now, with this survey, we can report on the true extent of the features.

"For the European Habitat Directive, we have to report the extent of our reefs and sandbanks. This will help with the whole concept of marine spatial planning.

"So, if someone wants to put in renewable energy or extract aggregate, we now have a blueprint and can see how they're going to interact and if it's sustainable."

The survey is to update old Admiralty charts of the area

One of the most striking details is a large lake or crater on what was once the top of huge cliffs towering above the plateau below.

The streams and rivers that fed it are still clearly defined.

And that raises one of the mysteries. Why did coastal erosion not obliterate all that detail as the sea slow rose over the land?

Could it mean that some cataclysmic event took place that allowed the sea to overwhelm the land before erosion could begin?

But already the marine scientists are excited about what they've found.

"We can now get a true idea of the true extent of the rare and endangered species and habitats", said Mr Breen.

"We can now see that we have got more of certain features which we weren't aware of - like sandbanks and reefs. The sandbank features in particular are stunning."

The survey is part of a 2m euro cross-border collaboration with the Marine Institute of Ireland. The area covered is a three nautical mile strip ranging from Tory Island off Donegal to Torr Head near Ballycastle.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:35 am 
2012 Forum Newbie

Not sure if this is the same one?

Quote:
Troy L. Péwé once discovered an interesting patch of woods near Ester, about nine miles east of Fairbanks. The spruce and birch trees of this forest were underground, sandwiched between layers of earth. Each tree was 125,000 years old.

~ ~ ~

Because the trees were buried about 45 feet below the present-day forest at Eva Creek, Péwé knew they were old. How old he didn't find out until 50 years later, after methods of finding the age of extremely old things had been developed. One of those methods, a system for determining the age of volcanic dust, proved particularly useful. Because pencil-thin layers of volcanic ash line the soil above and below the frozen forest, Péwé and others were able to get a rough estimate of the trees' age. Péwé said the frozen forest at Eva Creek thrived at a time that was up to 5 degrees Celsius warmer than it is today, when there was little-to-no permafrost.

http://www.gi.alaska.edu/ScienceForum/ASF14/1409.html

There's also this:

Quote:
The remains of a fossil forest are buried within a sedimentary sequence of Eocene age (approximately 50 million years old) near Strathcona
Fiord, Ellesmere Island. Large petrified tree stumps are preserved in their original growth positions in coals of the Eureka Sound Group, a sequence of
sandstones, siltstones and coalsd eposited in a deltdfloodplain environment. The dimensions of 83 stumps were recorded and their positions plotted on a
plan of the exposed area of coal.

http://pubs.aina.ucalgary.ca/arctic/Arctic41-4-314.pdf

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:56 pm 
2012 Elder

If Alaska and Northern Ireland are tropical climates after a pole shift..that's a way more dramatic pole shift than I am expecting.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:27 am 
Superstar Contributor

My imaginary magic 8 ball told me Alaska is going to be the new Seattle! Without all the people. That makes the old Seattle pretty warm in the future!

There is evidence all over the planet of catastrophic covering of animals and forests under many feet of mud but no mainstream scientist seems to have addresses this issue really. There was a fossil bed just recently the scientists were all excited about. Whole dinosaur skeletons were found together and they came up with a story that it must have been a mud pit and they kept falling in and so did predators. What that doesn't explain is why they are ripped apart. Not by predators because they are not eaten. Instead the necks are fractured and limbs ripped off and just laying next to the rest of the body. Predators would have ripped them off and eaten them not just fracture the bone, rip the body up and let it all lay there nice and neat.

Mammoth and Rhino skeletons in Siberia and Alaska have the same issue. Why are they buried under many feet of mud and dismembered and jumbled up with whole trees? I also read somewheres that many if not most ancient archeological digs are excavated and the researchers are all exciting about some basket or chip of pottery they found etc. What no archeologist has ever addressed is why do they have to usually dig through many feet of mud to get to the buried city. Blowing wind and accumulating leaves covers it all? I doubt it or you would have the same problem with high altitude ruins such as the pyramids and temples found in mountain areas of South America and other areas. They are not buried under 50 feet of mud. They have to excavate some dirt of course because plants can create a lot of compost fast but mud and rocks are not the same thing.

Another thing I read somewheres that is very interesting was the story of the original Egyptians. They describe the disaster and how they had to get in boats and survive the floods and they had tremendous waves they encountered. Then days later they drifted to a new land. On the way there they had bumped into some other survivors that lived by fleeing to the top of their island, the Canary Islands that used to be called the Fortunate Islands. Then they reached the shore of Africa or Europe and sat around unsure what to do and dispirited when their leaders, gods or whatever showed up again and started getting them organized again. They were very joyful when they saw the ships of their leaders show up. Then years later they migrated to what is Egypt. They also describe another trip some of them took before the migration to Egypt where they explored other areas and found whole valleys burnt to a crisp from the disaster. What is fascinating is a diagram in the ceiling of some temple there about this. It shows a shape that clearly resembles the outline of Antarctica. There is a stylized image of a person and a boat. I have to find the image and post it. Anyway it is showing the world upside down and them reaching for the new land and leaving Antarctica the old land.

Another interesting thing is the Cherokees or some Indian group describe the disaster in terms of the daylight. They said it was done because God wanted to improve things and give them more daylight so the world was shifted. According to Hapgoods book the last pole shift would have done exactly that to the area they live.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:42 am 
Superstar Contributor

kritter wrote:
If Alaska and Northern Ireland are tropical climates after a pole shift..that's a way more dramatic pole shift than I am expecting.

:shock: check this thread viewtopic.php?f=48&t=5924

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:08 am 
Superstar Contributor

Wow, I wonder what fossils we could find if they could get to the bottom

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:31 am 
2012 Elder

kritter wrote:
(but if this doesn't scream ancient pole shift, nothing does..)

and Earth Crust Displacement.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:36 pm 
Superstar Contributor

This just shows that global warming is all bull man has nothing to do with it. one day a rain forest the next frozen tundra.

and as far as peak oil if there are discovery this close to shore and no one knew they were there how much oil is there in the ocean.

More proof the two are just about politics and money and all those mind numbed a holes who argue its reel are just spin doctors for the cause and you know who you are.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:47 pm 
2012 Elder

Shine wrote:
kritter wrote:
(but if this doesn't scream ancient pole shift, nothing does..)

and Earth Crust Displacement.

Yeah actually Earth Crust Displacement is what I think of as pole shift.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:59 pm 
2012 Elder

Yup,

I can't prove it yet, but based on preliminary research the new North pole will be somewhere of the southern tip of Greenland. I am just hoping I end up south of the new arctic circle...otherwise migration will be the theme of the day....

I think there is a growing body of evidence that suggests this is not a rare or unique event but cyclic in nature....

How it all fits together only, time will tell.

Ace

The Oath of the Paladin #10. Thou shalt always Be the champion of the Right and the Good against Injustice and Evil.
宣誓的帕拉丁# 10 。你应该永远是冠军的权利和良好的反对非正义和邪恶。

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]